Suns trade ideas for the fall of 2020

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
you mean when Booker missed 30 plus games... yeah it’s not like we were openly tanking or anything.

but forget actually having common sense or anything

my apologies, I didn’t know you were the Suns team doc. I take back everything I said about Book’s health

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So far the rumors are Chris Paul, Bertrans, and Jerami Grant. Jerami Grant is probably going to be highly pursued. Bertrans I can't see really helping us. The rumor has been floated before we were going to trade Rubio to get better peices, and Paul actually upgrades the PG position even at 35.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not really much money out of Sarver's pocket this season.

Only about $6 million more if they trade Oubre and Rubio. Of course the 2021-22 season would be different but they were going to pay Rubio $17,800,000 anyway.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
man this guy really likes his power forwards

hey, guy, who plays power forward when AD plays the 5 for LA and LBJ runs the point (their best line-up)????

(It’s Kuzma!)

I would gladly take Kuzma. He plays circles around any power forward we have.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I only do it if it’s oubre and Rubio.

I would only do it if it was Oubre, Rubio, Ty Jerome and we get a 1st pick back from OKC.

I know that isn't realistic, but I hate Chris Paul at this age with this contract.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul moves a line by more points as a percentage of the spread than Hopkins does. It’s just a fact. Sorry if that hurts your feelings I guess.

the “knock” is that he falters in the playoffs? hang on now I want you to actually read this next part:

Paul’s regular season #s:
18.5/9.5/4.5 on 58.2 TS%

Paul’s playoff #s:
21/8.3/5.2 on 58.1 TS%

hmmmmmmmm

He is speaking as someone who understands WAR/Win shares Hopkins WAR is just under 2. WRs can't impact the game like a starting PG. Paul's win shares are 8-9

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I want an all star.

NO NOT THAT ONE. He missed TWO GAMES LAST YEAR. HE IS BREAKING DOWN!!!

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
1Sun you are living in the same archiac thinking that had us draft an unmotivated big man over a MVP.

It's so wrong I won't even debate it.

Last I checked, defense and rebounding in the frontcourt were still needed to win in the NBA, even today's NBA.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if Booker is sturdy enough myself.

It's especially concerning given that in addition to his absences, he's played a lot of games at less than 100%. And he's nowhere near the same player when he's less than fully healthy. But he's young and he's ours and we're not likely to match him should we lose him for some reason so we have to cross our fingers.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would only do it if it was Oubre, Rubio, Ty Jerome and we get a 1st pick back from OKC.

I know that isn't realistic, but I hate Chris Paul at this age with this contract.

You’re spending the same money on Paul as on Rubio/Oubre. He’s better. Do you like Rubio/Oubre at 32mill?

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's especially concerning given that in addition to his absences, he's played a lot of games at less than 100%. And he's nowhere near the same player when he's less than fully healthy. But he's young and he's ours and we're not likely to match him should we lose him for some reason so we have to cross our fingers.

He’s a top10 asset in the league.
I was joking.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hang on, is this guy the Suns team doc?

ya’ll Confusing me

He sat out at the end of the season a few years ago when we tanked, I don't have to be a team doctor to know that. I wasn't excusing away all his absences, just said that tanking added to them.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He sat out at the end of the season a few years ago when we tanked, I don't have to be a team doctor to know that. I wasn't excusing away all his absences, just said that tanking added to them.

In 2017-18 when he missed 28 games or
2018-19 when he missed 18? Or both?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You’re spending the same money on Paul as on Rubio/Oubre. He’s better. Do you like Rubio/Oubre at 32mill?

No - Paul is making 41 Million

That is 9 million of our 18 million of cap space.

Do I think Rubio / Oubre combined are worth 32 million - yeah just about. They are 2/5 ths of a starting lineup as opposed to 1/5.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
defense and rebounding everywhere on the floor matter

some of Chris Paul’s strengths might surprise you...

When he was in his prime, he was the best all-around PG in the league. He is no longer in his prime. Not by a long shot. When he inevitably loses a step in the very near future, his strengths will be gone.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
2006 64
2009 45
2013 62
2016 61
2017 58
2018 58

keep ignoring it, but it ain’t going anywhere.

there is a reason he’s available at this price

you don’t get flawless impervious 22 year old all stars for Rubio and Oubre

still waiting for your 2019 report tho