Suns @ Timberwolves Saturday Playoff game thread, 4-20-24 - Game 1

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A handful of games? Lol… okay. No wonder you laugh at so many comments when this team gets the snot kicked out of them. You must not be watching.
Go ahead smart ass name all the playoff games Book has played bad in? Only been a few elimination games and has performed great in many so not sure wtf you’re talking about?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Go ahead smart ass name all the playoff games Book has played bad in? Only been a few elimination games and has performed great in many so not sure wtf you’re talking about?
We can do without the name calling. Consider this your first warning.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He’s performed great in many elimination games? Dude, are you okay?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess I was lucky my daughter got married today and I didn't watch or even follow the game.

An embarrassed team got six days to prepare for the same opponent. To redeem themselves in front of their families and friends. Looks like they were well prepared and ready to punch us in the mouth.

The only good thing is this is game 1, not game 7. But I no longer think the Suns win in 6. Flip it to Wolves in six or even 5.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess I was lucky my daughter got married today and I didn't watch or even follow the game.

An embarrassed team got six days to prepare for the same opponent. To redeem themselves in front of their families and friends. Looks like they were well prepared and ready to punch us in the mouth.

The only good thing is this is game 1, not game 7. But I no longer think the Suns win in 6. Flip it to Wolves in six or even 5.
Congrats

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Just think, you have to remember this suns day forever now

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
As predicted by pundits, and expected, MIN tried to unfold CAT and ANT on offense, with success. KD is not the solution to hold off either, which Vogel tried out with failure. Particularly when Edwards got hot, KD single and later double teaming were the main reason they got their offense going. We ought to consider defense for offense substitution and maybe play Okogie extended time to try D on Edwards, and give Young and RO more duty to harass CAT. Especially, when our 3pt shooters were again not on target.
On offense, it's inexplicable that we were disrupted by their zone defense with several TOs. It's ultra costly we missed so many open layups, especially by Booker, with KD and Gordon also had their shares there aside the standard Nurk misses. And, somehow our most effective ball handler Beal didn't get nearly enough touches.
Allen tends to underperform under pressure, it's often mental. If RO replaces him in the starting lineup, due to GA's injury, it'd maybe blessing in disguise. Particulary, Vogel needs to play more bench players, and hopefully it's Okogie.

PS: Could Okogie be the game changer? In last year's post season, his D on Powell of the Clippers and Murray of Nugs was among the best you could get from anybody.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You’re right I forgot Booker is in fact the entire team, he is expected to win alone in some people’s eyes! Nevermind poor coaching or terrible support by his teammates it’s all on him, do I have that right now?
I don’t know why you’re defending a terrible performance by the leader of a team who just had a god awful loss. But you be you!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Congratulations!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah that’s what I said… you’re ridiculous. Not what I said at all I’m done with your nonsense! Bash on typical of you…
Dude, you literally said:

“Only been a few elimination games and has performed great in many“

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Booker is something like 0-3 in elimination games and averages 14ppg or 10 less than his career average.

It is Bookers only real problem. If he stepped up in big games he'd be a superstar.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn