Suns @ Timberwolves Saturday Playoff game thread, 4-20-24 - Game 1

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
NY's only star Brunson got shut down with great D, yet they still turned around and won the game spite a grazy Maxie who'd miss nothing for a long stretch like Ant in our game 1. Our game plan is always getting Book going, when he is on it's fine and easy, when he's off then we'd waste too many chances until too late. And Book's defense is the weakest among the starters. We need to alter that gameplan to make it less forcing to turn Book from off to on state. We have other options.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NY's only star Brunson got shut down with great D, yet they still turned around and won the game spite a grazy Maxie who'd miss nothing for a long stretch like Ant in our game 1. Our game plan is always getting Book going, when he is on it's fine and easy, when he's off then we'd waste too many chances until too late. And Book's defense is the weakest among the starters. We need to alter that gameplan to make it less forcing to turn Book from off to on state. We have other options.
Book’s defense falling off a cliff this season hasn’t done his rep any favors either.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I was a bit worried that Vogel might save his job if the Suns had a one series mini-run because of the favorable matchup against Minnesota. I guess that worry was unfounded, anyway.

On the bright side, people - probably about a week until we get rid of Bleeping Frank Vogel and never have to watch his clown show coaching ever again. And hopefully James Jones right after him.

1000%.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Book’s defense falling off a cliff this season hasn’t done his rep any favors either.
Played good D for Monty the last few years, maybe Vogel just sucks and the players have zero faith in his BS at this point? Maybe? Sure seem to be quitting on him….

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Played good D for Monty the last few years, maybe Vogel just sucks and the players have zero faith in his BS at this point? Maybe? Sure seem to be quitting on him….
He played good defense 2 of 9 years. He didn’t play good D before Monty, last year and was atrocious this year. I’m just pointing out facts. They’re not pretty facts, but they’re facts.

And I’m not giving up on him. I’m giving up on the idea of us ever winning a title with him as our leader. He’s not a title winning 1.

That’s plain as day.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn