Suns @ Timberwolves Saturday Playoff game thread, 4-20-24 - Game 1

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s not that they lose it’s the way they lose.

This team just quits and it’s his team and his era. Ayton is gone, Monty is gone and same results. Maybe this turns around but I seen no fight tonight.

It’s looking like this is a Booker culture thing
I don’t even think it’s all culture. He’s just not a superstar you can build a legit contender team around. All he’s really good at is scoring and as good as he is there, he’s not even an elite scorer and can be totally taken out of his game. He’s also not a particularly cerebral star either.

Your best player needs to be able to dominate in a multitude of ways when you get to the playoffs. That’s just not Devin Booker. He’s a DOMINANT second banana. But he ain’t a real #1.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It’s one game they shot terrible it’s hardly the end of the series come on… geesh overreaction like crazy after a terrible shooting game and Edwards going crazy from 3 which is NOT his game lol. They are likely playing the best game they will play this series today!
“Going crazy from 3” lol

He shot 4/8. His season average is the same as bookers. We wouldn’t call 4/8 shooting by book “going crazy.”

We get it, you have difficulty seeing this teams warts. They aren’t good.

KD is a turnover machine. We make TERRIBLE turnovers that result in easy fastbreaks. And Booker may have become the most overhyped star we’ve unfortunately seen.

Yes, this is an emotional post. But suns have earned every bit of it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We are seeing IT in a playoff game? That's a bad sign. We could have used a little Bol Bol today when it was that stretch when we couldn't score.
Interesting. I hadn’t realized that I didn’t see him all game long. Could’ve maybe been more effective than MIA Gordon.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
rebounds

Nurkic 4
Gobert 16

This can’t happen. I don’t give a damn about scoring but he has to keep it close in rebounds.

Matter a fact KD leads the team with 7 rebounds.

That’s pathetic effort by this team. Suns standing around watching and the T-Wolves are going and getting it
Yeah virtually everyone other than Royce underperformed today.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This was easy to see coming today. This is a mentally soft team who came in with low intensity because they have been beating the Timberwolves all season. It's what they've done all year, take opponents lightly and lose. I think they will wake up and win the series but it's a super annoying trait of the team to only play with intensity after taking a beating.

Also, Vogel is a moron and Eric Gordon should never see the floor in this series.
I agree with everything except us winning the series.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Dude you really need to take off the blinders. I get it you’re a Suns fan so am I but I’m not blind to reality.

Guys who are number 1 or even legit 2s don’t just let the team quit and this is a year in and year out thing now. It’s not that they are losing it’s the way they are losing. This team quit tonight.

Bottom line this is Bookers team and these kind of playoff performances keep happening on his watch
Agreed. Teams take on the personalities of their leaders. Like him or love him Paul was dawg. He was going to scratch and claw and drag you to win if at all possible. Under books leadership this team is piling up emotionless 20+ point embarrassments.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even with this terrible performance, I think it’s a total 50/50 shot we win Game 2. We’re that consistently inconsistent... for good and bad.

But end of day, when you just have zero consistency, you’re not going to win many playoff series, if any.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s not all his fault, but he’s the one consistent part of three straight season of humiliating losses, playing like absolute dog-snot in almost all of them.

That’s just a lot of terrible Booker performances since our run to the Finals 3 years ago.
Easy to point out bad games how about all the great ones lol! Everyone has bad games especially when the other team shifts their defense entirely to stop you! Have to have teammates that step up in those moments and his didn’t much of the time…

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s not all his fault, but he’s the one consistent part of three straight season of humiliating losses, playing like absolute dog-snot in almost all of them.

That’s just a lot of terrible Booker performances since our run to the Finals 3 years ago.

@nashman, I have no idea why you find humiliation after humiliation in the Booker era funny, especially when he’s played like complete and utter garbage in those humiliations, but I guess some people just have a weird sense of humor.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easy to point out bad games how about all the great ones lol! Everyone has bad games especially when the other team shifts their defense entirely to stop you! Have to have teammates that step up in those moments and his didn’t much of the time…

Except we’re not just talking “bad games”. We’re talking HUMILIATING games and a guy who’s never won a series without HCA, has blown multiple series after being up 2-0 WITH HCA and has done nothing of note in the last three post-seasons except beat up on some Paul George/Kawhi Leonard-less pathetic Clippers team.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is supposed to be Bookers team and once again he doesn’t show up. Your alleged #1 has to show up every single playoff game or he isn’t a real superstar. He better show up for the rest of the series.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is supposed to be Bookers team and once again he doesn’t show up. Your alleged #1 has to show up every single playoff game or he isn’t a real superstar. He better show up for the rest of the series.

I can forgive bad games here and there, but being flat out awful this many times, in this many playoff humiliations is getting old, fast.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Except we’re not just talking “bad games”. We’re talking HUMILIATING games and a guy who’s never won a series without HCA, has blown multiple series after being up 2-0 WITH HCA and has done nothing of note in the last three post-seasons except beat up on some Paul George/Kawhi Leonard-less pathetic Clippers team.
You’re right I forgot Booker is in fact the entire team, he is expected to win alone in some people’s eyes! Nevermind poor coaching or terrible support by his teammates it’s all on him, do I have that right now?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can forgive bad games here and there, but being flat out awful this many times, in this many playoff humiliations is getting old, fast.
You say this many like it’s tons give me a break it’s what really a handful of games! Let’s not pretend he’s been in the playoffs forever and has consistently failed which is the ******** picture you’re trying to paint!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re right I forgot Booker is in fact the entire team, he is expected to win alone in some people’s eyes! Nevermind poor coaching or terrible support by his teammates it’s all on him, do I have that right now?
Lol… no you have it totally wrong. As usual.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You say this many like it’s tons give me a break it’s what really a handful of games! Let’s not pretend he’s been in the playoffs forever and has consistently failed which is the ******** picture you’re trying to paint!

A handful of games? Lol… okay. No wonder you laugh at so many comments when this team gets the snot kicked out of them. You must not be watching.