Suns @ Thunder Sunday game thread 4-2-2023

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plan on seeing a heavy dose of that. If you are going to leave anybody open at the 3 it’s going to be Okogie and Ayton. Until the Denver game Okogie was under 30% from three since starting which is atrocious. If he was shooting like he was from the bench? We would be blowing out more teams.
I'm not sure if you were watching but they didn't just leave Okogie open, they avoided him like he had the plague. Talk about social distancing, they nailed it.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you were watching but they didn't just leave Okogie open, they avoided him like he had the plague. Talk about social distancing, they nailed it.
Watching the entire game. Some of that was just bad rotation on defense but it’s not like he gave them a reason to worry either.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
CP3 said it post game interview. The team has some stuff to work out on defense over the next few games. It’s refreshing to see a guy know they are winning but still say “hey we have some stuff to work on”.

Suns give up 8th most 2nd chance point opportunities and #4 in fouls per game. Not sure what that looks like since KD inserted into the lineup. Like I said clean that up and the Suns would be unstoppable.

Really happy that the team is starting to look more and more comfortable playing with each other.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching the entire game. Some of that was just bad rotation on defense but it’s not like he gave them a reason to worry either.
Okay but I was talking about a specific possession. Several players saw him and made conscious decisions to go elsewhere. I guarantee it was by coaches design and we've all see something similar but on that one possession they agressively avoided getting anywhere close to him. I've never seen any team do that before to that degree.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luka just dropped 42pts on 17 of 25, had 8 assists, and the Mavs still lost

The Hawks have a good team, at home and fighting for seeding. Their whole starting lineup was in double figures.

It's dangerous to wait until the end of the season and try to shift it in gear.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Is this one of the plays you are talking about?

Nah, my bad. There was a minute left.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this one of the plays you are talking about?

Nah, my bad. There were only 18 seconds left.

Notice on that play CP3 had a wide open opportunity to feed Okogie when he was wide open too. However, on that play he was running out the clock as well. I think the Pelicans knew they were likely not shooting the 3 over running out the clock.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

This stat line from the big 4 will win a lot of ball games

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Notice on that play CP3 had a wide open opportunity to feed Okogie when he was wide open too. However, on that play he was running out the clock as well. I think the Pelicans knew they were likely not shooting the 3 over running out the clock.

That's why I said it was my bad. The Suns were running clock and Okogie would have shot the ball.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Monty still hasn't figured out the full court press on CP3 lol....
Or how to take advantage of Booker getting double teamed. I don’t know if it’s a monty thing or a book thing or both. But if books doubled it means we have an advantage somewhere. But it never seems like it. If anything we end up with the ball at half court. That’s a scheme failure.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Even playing 4 on 5 KD comes up big. I don't think I've ever seen a team so completely ignore a player like OKC just did with Okogie.
Most teams are going to do that. It’s why finding a long true 3-D guy in the offseason is important. Think if that was bullock.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It’s the best way to get the ball to him. I’ll bet it’s difficult for the rest of the suns not to pass to him in those situations. It’s human nature to pass to a guy that wide open. But again, they’re doing it for a reason . . . three things can happen doing so, and all of them favor the defense:

1. Okogie shoots - odds of having him shoot verses the other four are favorable to the defense.
2. Okogie drives - again more favorable than the other four with the ball.
3. Okogie eventually passes it - runs precious seconds off the clock, better for the defense.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Germz is ASFN MVP

I wish.. i am just one of those guys that will not wash what I had on and wear it the next week if we are on a win streak. Probably ties into my PTSD. Doing the same thing over before going on a convoy.

Yea at the end of the day would crap like this really change the game? To me yea but to the world I look like an idiot but oh well lol

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I wish.. i am just one of those guys that will not wash what I had on and wear it the next week if we are on a win streak. Probably ties into my PTSD. Doing the same thing over before going on a convoy.

Yea at the end of the day would crap like this really change the game? To me yea but to the world I look like an idiot but oh well lol
I get it. I’m not generally superstitious, but I can be so with sports. My hidden secret: I won’t wear boxers with any colors of our opposition on gameday. I’m not kidding. There. I’ve said it out loud.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I get it. I’m not generally superstitious, but I can be so with sports. My hidden secret: I won’t wear boxers with any colors of our opposition on gameday. I’m not kidding. There. I’ve said it out loud.
Lol I think we need to step away from sports. At work I have one of those fancy keyboard and mouse where you can change the LED color. Depending on how our teams are doing. It would be either on red or purple. One day I started to leave the parking lot and made a U turn to come back just to set it to red cause we had a Thursday night football game. We got beat I believe.. but still..