Suns @ Thunder Sunday game thread 4-2-2023

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even playing 4 on 5 KD comes up big. I don't think I've ever seen a team so completely ignore a player like OKC just did with Okogie.
Honestly, there is no reason not to ignore Okogie. He has had one good game offensively in over a month and since being inserted into the starting lineup.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, there is no reason not to ignore Okogie. He has had one good game offensively in over a month and since being inserted into the starting lineup.
True. But they gave him more room on purpose than I've ever seen. Multiple times on that possession a defender would notice a wide open player in the corner and start to go that way, once they realized who it was they immediately went elsewhere. I don't think anyone even got close enough to foul him should the ball go there. And with all that scrambling 5 on 4 defense, it's a miracle we didn't have to pass him the ball. Thank KD and CP3 for that.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
True. But they gave him more room on purpose than I've ever seen. Multiple times on that possession a defender would notice a wide open player in the corner and start to go that way, once they realized who it was they immediately went elsewhere. I don't think anyone even got close enough to foul him should the ball go there. And with all that scrambling 5 on 4 defense, it's a miracle we didn't have to pass him the ball. Thank KD and CP3 for that.
Plan on seeing a heavy dose of that. If you are going to leave anybody open at the 3 it’s going to be Okogie and Ayton. Until the Denver game Okogie was under 30% from three since starting which is atrocious. If he was shooting like he was from the bench? We would be blowing out more teams.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great win streak and we need all the padding we can get. Hope the Suns get a handle on 2nd chance points and fouling. If they get those two things under control? They will start blowing teams out of the water.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose