Suns Sign New Free-TV Deal

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder what this means for streaming service customers. Hoping Arizona’s Family 3TV (KTVK) and Arizona’s Family Sports Network (KPHE) sports is picked up.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I haven't looked yet, but many of these channels, like 3TV have an app now. Maybe you can watch 3TV directly? :shrug:

Looking at their website:

3TV live Stream

Just watched it live with no app!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I haven't looked yet, but many of these channels, like 3TV have an app now. Maybe you can watch 3TV directly? :shrug:

3TV live Stream

That wouldn't work for those outside of AZ. Those apps are geo tagged so you'd need a VPN with a Phoenix, or other Arizona, location to get it to work.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score

3TV live Stream

Cool! I'm in Tucson, so no local Phoenix channels. But if I can stream it from their website, that's just as good.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cool! I'm in Tucson, so no local Phoenix channels. But if I can stream it from their website, that's just as good.
Keep in mind only a small number of the games will be on 3. The majority will be on that other channel they are setting up for sports.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind only a small number of the games will be on 3. The majority will be on that other channel they are setting up for sports.
If that has it's own app I am good. Left for streaming a long time ago.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
I am sure more details are coming.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Im thinking of flipping to YouTube and keeping cox internet (work from home) and checked to make sure TV3 was included and it is. They should expand that to New Mexico and Nevada for exposure unless the Lakers already snagged Vegas.

I wonder if the Dbacks will be able to get back on TV3 also

Maybe Ishbia can buy the Dbacks also, would be nice to have some deep pockets to keep the young talent and Gallen

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some good news, Eddie Johnson confirms he will still be working Suns games despite the move to a new broadcaster. Someone asked on Twitter. Just captured it because replies can look odd sometimes when posting their link.

You must be registered for see images attach

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Tom Leander was on the Timeline last weekend and confirmed all the media guys will be back (other than Al of course).

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Some good news, Eddie Johnson confirms he will still be working Suns games despite the move to a new broadcaster. Someone asked on Twitter. Just captured it because replies can look odd sometimes when posting their link.
Tom Leander was on the Timeline last weekend and confirmed all the media guys will be back (other than Al of course).
So, Kevin Ray will continue play by play?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA is reportedly prepared to take over broadcasting rights for games carried by Bally Sports.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This ESPN Charter dispute could have huge ramifications.

If Charter sticks with it, ESPN is gradually going to have their fees reduced by all cable providers - or is simply going to have fewer paying them because a ton of subscribers don't care about ESPN but have been subsidizing them.

Apparently ESPN has 100 billion dollars already committed to sports viewing contracts and Disney wants to sell it off because it is losing money already and it's only going to get worse.

Bottom line - just like Bally's went under for paying too much for tv rights, ESPN might very well also.

This is going to mean TV deals are going to get smaller for the NBA and all pro sports.

So any assumption that the Salary cap will just keep increasing may very well be incorrect, because the TV deals may not be nearly as lucrative as they have been due to the lack of non viewers subsidizing them any longer.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This ESPN Charter dispute could have huge ramifications.

If Charter sticks with it, ESPN is gradually going to have their fees reduced by all cable providers - or is simply going to have fewer paying them because a ton of subscribers don't care about ESPN but have been subsidizing them.

Apparently ESPN has 100 billion dollars already committed to sports viewing contracts and Disney wants to sell it off because it is losing money already and it's only going to get worse.

Bottom line - just like Bally's went under for paying too much for tv rights, ESPN might very well also.

This is going to mean TV deals are going to get smaller for the NBA and all pro sports.

So any assumption that the Salary cap will just keep increasing may very well be incorrect, because the TV deals may not be nearly as lucrative as they have been due to the lack of non viewers subsidizing them any longer.
... enter Amazon and Apple...