Suns @ Pelicans Thursday Playoff game thread 4-28-2022 - Game 6

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Lmao I got into a bit of twitter beef today with that one dude and a few of his followers

It's laughable to believe that cat has any insiders, I am so perFlexed as to why anyone would believe a word he says but anyway Suns in 6 - whether Booker plays or not

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe just some gamesmanship, making the Pels gamelan for the possibility

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think it's a ploy...nothing would be more devastating to the Pelicans...warm ups Book draining shots and moving fine. No need for him to say I'm back if he wasn't playing.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are today's officials.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's a ploy...nothing would be more devastating to the Pelicans...warm ups Book draining shots and moving fine. No need for him to say I'm back if he wasn't playing.

Booker may have been playing mind games.

My thinking, he would want the Pelicans to spend time preparing for him to play even if he wasn't.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My thinking, he would want the Pelicans to spend time preparing for him to play even if he wasn't.
James Jones might be too. Because unlike the previous two games where the Suns announced Booker was out pretty early. On the radio last night, he said he would be evaluated again today which left the door open for his return.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones might be too. Because unlike the previous two games where the Suns announced Booker was out pretty early. On the radio last night, he said he would be evaluated again today which left the door open for his return.

This could well be. Why not list Booker as doubtful instead of being out?

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think you may be on to something. Perhaps less of a game plan of harassing CP3 even if he doesn't play, and taking some of the pressure off CP3 if he does play.

But I think at this point he will get some limited minutes and be used at least as a decoy. They can't leave him open and will have to respect his presence behind the arc. He will have to start so he will still be warmed up and ready to go from warm ups.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you may be on to something. Perhaps less of a game plan of harassing CP3 even if he doesn't play, and taking some of the pressure off CP3 if he does play.

But I think at this point he will get some limited minutes and be used at least as a decoy. They can't leave him open and will have to respect his presence behind the arc. He will have to start so he will still be warmed up and ready to go from warm ups.
They aren’t risking re-injury to use Book as a decoy.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could see Booker playing limited minutes if the medical staff and Devin feels he is ready to go and there is minimal risk of further injury.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could see Booker playing limited minutes if the medical staff and Devin feels he is ready to go and there is minimal risk of further injury.
What is the point of limited minutes on an injury like that? It’s such short-term probably not much of a gain for potential long term gain.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the point of limited minutes on an injury like that? It’s such short-term probably not much of a gain for potential long term gain.

The expectation is Devin Booker would play limited minutes when he returns.

By Adrian WojnarowskiSenior NBA Insider:

Booker has made significant progress with his strained right hamstring in recent days, and there's momentum on a return in the coming days, sources said.

The expectation is that Booker would return in limited minutes, sources said.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unless he’s 100 then no point in risking it today.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard