Suns @ Pelicans Monday game thread 4-1-2024

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns finish their five game road trip at the Pelicans.

Phoenix is now 43-31 after falling to the Thunder. They are 2-2 thus far on the trip.

The Pelicans are 45-28. They play the Celtics on Saturday.

When: Monday, 4-1-2024

Television: Suns Live, Arizona's Family 3TV / Arizona's Family Sports, NBA TV

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN Time:

Time: 5 pm Arizona time

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only eight games left in the season, four at home and four on the road. The Suns are currently in 8th place.

@Pelicans 4/1
Cavaliers 4/3
Timberwolves 4/5
Pelicans 4/7
Clippers 4/9
@Clippers 4/10
@ Kings 4/12
@Timberwolves 4/14

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ughhhh goodie get to face zion now wonderful..... lol

Not to confident but wishin on a star good suns show up good gms by book kd nurik

Even if suns squeak in poffs im not lookin for to watchin a 7 gm series with this roster coachin ill always have faith :) lol

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only eight games left in the season, four at home and four on the road. The Suns are currently in 8th place.

@Pelicans 4/1
Cavaliers 4/3
Timberwolves 4/5
Pelicans 4/7
Clippers 4/9
@Clippers 4/10
@ Kings 4/12
@Timberwolves 4/14
Short of the Suns proving they can dominate down the stretch this is going to be a play in nightmare of 1st round exit.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Ughhhh goodie get to face zion now wonderful..... lol

Not to confident but wishin on a star good suns show up good gms by book kd nurik

Even if suns squeak in poffs im not lookin for to watchin a 7 gm series with this roster coachin ill always have faith :) lol
It’s an every other game so we should be good.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pelicans fall to the Celtics today, 104-92.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my expectations of the Suns have been lowered considerably, so I would not be surprised by an early exit.
You would have to honestly think, after this entire season, this team can "turn it on" to playoff mode and be a completely different team to make a deep run.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You would have to honestly think, after this entire season, this team can "turn it on" to playoff mode and be a completely different team to make a deep run.

Count me as skeptical whether the Suns can turn it on in the playoffs.

If they can't, the Suns future looks dimmer and dimmer.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I tend to agree, although there always seems to be a red herring.

The 2021-22 Suns team was a letdown. I'd like this Suns team do the opposite.

Yeah they were something like 51-0 when leading after 3 quarters. In 2 years they've fallen hard and are now the worst scoring 4th quarter team in the league. They had a 221 positive point differential in the 4th quarter that season. This season they have a negative 224 point differential in the 4th.

They were -16 last season in the 4th, for the record.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just checked and the second worst 4th quarter score differential this season is Miami, -95. That's still 129 points better than the Suns. Kings and Pistons round out the 3th and 4th largest negative differential at -58 and -53 respectively. So the Suns have a higher differential than the 29th, 28th, and 27th teams combined. That's pathetic.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah they were something like 51-0 when leading after 3 quarters. In 2 years they've fallen hard and are now the worst scoring 4th quarter team in the league. They had a 221 positive point differential in the 4th quarter that season. This season they have a negative 224 point differential in the 4th.

They were -16 last season in the 4th, for the record.

Just checked and the second worst 4th quarter score differential this season is Miami, -95. That's still 129 points better than the Suns. Kings and Pistons round out the 3th and 4th largest negative differential at -58 and -53 respectively. So the Suns have a higher differential than the 29th, 28th, and 27th teams combined. That's pathetic.

I think a lot of the Suns issues revolve around depth and it tends to rear its ugly head in the 4th quarter the most.

Although it wouldn't have solved all their problems, a rotation point guard would have gone a long way towards improving the team.

The most frustrating part about it, it was fixable this past summer and early in the season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damion Lee is the only Sun on the injury report as he remains OUT.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Vogel doesn’t use the bench enough and runs the stars into the ground, not sure what’s gonna change this dude is a horrible coach! Team has tuned him out imo, too much sloppy play like they practice nothing!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damion Lee is traveling with the team, so I hope this hints he is improving.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think a lot of the Suns issues revolve around depth and it tends to rear its ugly head in the 4th quarter the most.

Although it wouldn't have solved all their problems, a rotation point guard would have gone a long way towards improving the team.

The most frustrating part about it, it was fixable this past summer and early in the season.

They had an option on their roster, Cam Payne. Sending him to San Antonio in a salary dump was stupid. He'd proven his worth here continually. The Suns had a winning record with him as the starting PG. Vogel seemed set on this no PG offense that has been nothing other than a turnover machine. I can understand starting the guys who have but the 2nd unit needed a PG to steady the ship.