Suns open Las Vegas Summer League August 8th, 2021

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm just not seeing it with Stix. I'm concerned. He should stand out from this crowd and he's not. Passing on Haliburton was officially a mistake.

I'd say your words got his attention.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
James Jones working the phones during the game. New free agent coming?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stix gets his double-double. He has 12 points and 15 rebounds plus 3 steals.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
2 double doubles for Stix. I would like to see more aggression from Stix. A little more physicality, too.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Summer Suns shot 24.1% from the field.

Ty-Shon Alexander was 5-13 for 16 points.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
I don't know what was worse: the game or the commentators. That was "Boom goes the Dynamite" bad.

The only person ready for the big lights was Mr. Orange. Dude brought his A game in that interview. ESPN should have let him take over the broadcast. And the Suns should give him a try at PG.

As for the game, that was the SINGLE WORST summer game I've ever seen. Egad that was bad. I'm not going to hurt the internet further by talking about it...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know what was worse: the game or the commentators. That was "Boom goes the Dynamite" bad.

The only person ready for the big lights was Mr. Orange. Dude brought his A game in that interview. ESPN should have let him take over the broadcast. And the Suns should give him a try at PG.

As for the game, that was the SINGLE WORST summer game I've ever seen. Egad that was bad. I'm not going to hurt the internet further by talking about it...

I so wish the announcers wouldn't do interviews during the game. It partially obscured and took away from these beautiful shots by Ty-Shon Alexander.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Mr. Orange was way better than the commentators. The first game they were good. This game really bad!! I think we can safely say that neither Stix or Ty-shon will be saviors for us. They can be depth. Hopefully they get some run this year.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Summer league is trash, it is always trash. It is hard to draw anything from any of it. The only guys who get a real chance to do anything are the guards, and it is only because they completely dominate the ball, usually using the opportunity to chuck up horrendous shots and wildly stupid running layups.

It might be useful to teams to evaluate players attitude and hustle but man... the basketball is freaking awful. And it shouldn't be a surprise, these games are played by guys who don't know eachother, got like 2 practices in before playing together and 95% of them will never see a meaningful NBA minute.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I so wish the announcers wouldn't do interviews during the game. It partially obscured and took away from these beautiful shots by Ty-Shon Alexander.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
OK. The shots were OK. No big deal.

There is absolutely no point in having a camera on a guy who is wearing a mask while talking. It is just annoying.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK. The shots were OK. No big deal.

There is absolutely no point in having a camera on a guy who is wearing a mask while talking. It is just annoying.

The point, I would have liked to enjoyed the play of Ty-Shon Alexander without the distraction. I was trying to ignore the interview when if it was done any other time I would have enjoyed it.

I'm not a fan of in-game interviews especially if the person being interviewed occupies part or all of the screen. I'm there to watch the game. The mask had nothing to do with it for me.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The point, I would have liked to enjoyed the play of Ty-Shon Alexander without the distraction. I was trying to ignore the interview when if it was done any other time I would have enjoyed it.

I'm not a fan of in-game interviews especially if the person being interviewed occupies part or all of the screen. I'm there to watch the game. The mask had nothing to do with it for me.
The mask made it even worse for me.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I despise the in game interviews, always have. But interviewing someone while wearing a mask is just stupid.

The guy could could have been wearing a ski mask as far as I'm concerned if they didn't have him blocking part of the television screen.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A reminder the Suns are scheduled to play the Nuggets at 7 p.m. tonight Arizona time on NBA TV.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A reminder the Suns are scheduled to play the Nuggets at 7 p.m. tonight Arizona time on NBA TV.

i tried to watch the first game to see what Stix looked like, but it was impossible. Summer league is just atrocious basketball.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose