Suns open Las Vegas Summer League August 8th, 2021

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not a bad game by stix but 2-8 from inside the arc ain’t gonna cut it. Nice to see his rebounding is consistent.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Would love to see Jalen Schmiff bang more down low and not camp out in the corner. But he was great tonight.

Also, this summer team is garbage.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised the summer Nuggets are 0-3. Their roster didn't look half bad.

I like Zeke Nnaji and "Bones" Hyland.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a bad game by stix but 2-8 from inside the arc ain’t gonna cut it. Nice to see his rebounding is consistent.
Yeah I disagree. Although it could be better, 2-8 from inside the arc will cut it just fine if he's 4-6 from beyond, playing solid defense and grabbing 11 boards. I'm optimistic… Probably the kiss of death.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Stix could add 10-15 more pounds of muscle he would be a solid player. He has skills.

id say he’s probably put on 20lbs already from summer last year. He was ridiculously thin and even with the weight gain he still needs to add more.

but yeah he’s looked good the rebounding has been really good

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
id say he’s probably put on 20lbs already from summer last year. He was ridiculously thin and even with the weight gain he still needs to add more.

but yeah he’s looked good the rebounding has been really good

Stix has worked hard to put on muscle. I'm not sure how much more he can add. If he could fill out that frame he could play inside more.

Sometimes I wish he would wear a headband so I could spot him easier.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah I disagree. Although it could be better, 2-8 from inside the arc will cut it just fine if he's 4-6 from beyond, playing solid defense and grabbing 11 boards. I'm optimistic… Probably the kiss of death.
4-6 from 3 isn’t sustainable so struggles inside the arc are a legit concern.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Stix has worked hard to put on muscle. I'm not sure how much more he can add. If he could fill out that frame he could play inside more.

Sometimes I wish he would wear a headband so I could spot him easier.
The goggles don’t do that for you?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The goggles don’t do that for you?

I have to really concentrate on Stix for some reason otherwise it's easy for me to lose track of him. Of course the googles help but not as much as I would like. I don't recall having that problem with another player.

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just saw stix production in slg so far impressive hope not a fade....

Really want smith to play a lot this yr he has good potential to not totally bust.

Lol toke hit to stix stayin in Phoenix a bit

Go suns!!!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Stix has to play more this year. Whether it is with us, or another team, he cannot improve without some floor time.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have to really concentrate on Stix for some reason otherwise it's easy for me to lose track of him. Of course the googles help but not as much as I would like. I don't recall having that problem with another player.
You'll find him standing in the corner. He's lookin good tho, looks like hes been workin.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The summers Suns play the Trail Blazers at approximately 6 p.m. Arizona time today. It will be televised on NBA TV.

They will play at least one other game on August 16th or 17th yet to be determined.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns wrap up summer league play on Monday at 3 p.m. against the Cavaliers.

It will be televised on ESPN 2.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ill have to look up the Cav's Summer League roster. They have so many young guys there that they could probably field an entire rotation of players who will be part of their team next year.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jalen Smith and Precious Achiuwa were a couple of players I liked later in the 2020 draft. Precious shoulld be a good player for the Raptors.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jalen Smith and Precious Achiuwa were a couple of players I liked later in the 2020 draft. Precious shoulld be a good player for the Raptors.

Precious is who I really wanted as far as bigs went. I remember really liking the PG that went to Detroit, Halliburton, Deni Avida and Precious. I would have been happy with Precious even with Halliburton available since we had Cam as a backup PG already.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Precious is who I really wanted as far as bigs went. I remember really liking the PG that went to Detroit, Halliburton, Deni Avida and Precious. I would have been happy with Precious even with Halliburton available since we had Cam as a backup PG already.

Of the two big men, Precious Achiuwa was the more ready to play player of the two so it was a bit surprising the Suns selected Smith at #10 if they wanted an immediate contributor.

I don't think the Suns should have passed on BPA which was Haliburton.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Of the two big men, Precious Achiuwa was the more ready to play player of the two so it was a bit surprising the Suns selected Smith at #10 if they wanted an immediate contributor.
I was a fan of Achiuwa as a player, but he really doesn’t fit into what the Suns want out of the 4 position in Monty’s offense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was a fan of Achiuwa as a player, but he really doesn’t fit into what the Suns want out of the 4 position in Monty’s offense.

At the moment Precious is not a 3-point shooter but he is ready to play inside.

I think he would have seen some playing time last season but this is not to say he is the better long term player.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stix has missed his first two shots, one a 3-pointer.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK I thought it Ouchi was overly critical the other night after a pretty good Game by Smith. Tonight though is another story. He's been garbage so far. He looks more interested in just throwing up shots than actually making shots. They've all the trust or totally out of control. It's early, so hopefully he calms down.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jalen finally hits a mid-range shot. He has 2 points on 1-5 shooting. Also he has 4 rebounds.