Suns Off-season Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adios trade leverage.

That is a real blow, I know there are a portion of the fans who felt this would be addition by subtraction but he was an important player for us.
WTF… James Jones needed to unload him before it got to this point because all leverage is now gone.

Outside of Sarver getting the boot, this has been a really lackluster off-season where I think this team drops to the 4 seed or lower.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Adios trade leverage.

That is a real blow, I know there are a portion of the fans who felt this would be addition by subtraction but he was an important player for us.
Not sure how much leverage they had to begin with. We weren’t getting anything significant for him.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
At this point send Jae and W/E else it takes to NY for Randle (i hate him too), THAT is an upgrade at the 4 that we need.
Cam and Randle just have to be able to get along, but I'm not sure fighting for the same spot would be conducive to that. And to be fair I think you would have to give the starting role to Randel in the playoffs.

But for me yes all day yes on Randel. A PF with a presence next to DA would be a beautiful thing to see. And besides a backup PG that IS our most glaring weakness.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure how much leverage they had to begin with. We weren’t getting anything significant for him.
I wasn't expecting any sort of haul, but now we will struggle to give him away. Opposing teams know we're going to have to buy him out if we can't find a deal.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At this point send Jae and W/E else it takes to NY for Randle (i hate him too), THAT is an upgrade at the 4 that we need.
Cam and Randle just have to be able to get along, but I'm not sure fighting for the same spot would be conducive to that. And to be fair I think you would have to give the starting role to Randel in the playoffs.

But for me yes all day yes on Randel. A PF with a presence next to DA would be a beautiful thing to see. And besides a backup PG that IS our most glaring weakness.

I don't think last year was a "down year" for Randle, I think that is who he is and who he's been for most of his career, 2021 was the fluke.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I wasn't expecting any sort of haul, but now we will struggle to give him away. Opposing teams know we're going to have to buy him out if we can't find a deal.
Not necessarily. We aren't forced to rush it. We could just sit back and wait for a team to suffer an injury and desperately needs a replacement. Or if multiple teams are interested, they'll have to beat the competition's offers in order to land him.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not necessarily. We aren't forced to rush it. We could just sit back and wait for a team to suffer an injury and desperately needs a replacement. Or if multiple teams are interested, they'll have to beat the competition's offers in order to land him.
He can sit his ass on the bench till January since he cant keep his mouth shut.
Pro Tip don't be a ******* in a contract year.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't think last year was a "down year" for Randle, I think that is who he is and who he's been for most of his career, 2021 was the fluke.
Up Down call it whatever he's better than Crowder who doesn't want to be here. And its the only trade where we don't take a toughness hit.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If the Suns can't find a power forward that fits the bill, maybe they should look at some athletic 3s that can play some 4.

I can't think of anyone right now who may be available. If the Suns had been able to trade for Bojan and Vanderbilt, it would have been done by committee.

Still, I think the Suns primary need is another guard who can play make and shoot. They definitely need a pure shooter.
Im sure we tried but they didnt want to trade for a malcontent.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
i like how he’s offended. Some of his play and crucial turnovers were offensive recently. Cam needs more playing time.

That said it was good to have him as part of the runs but he’s wanting more importance in the roster when we gave a lot of opportunities out and often didn’t get the return needed.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i like how he’s offended. Some of his play and crucial turnovers were offensive recently. Cam needs more playing time.

That said it was good to have him as part of the runs but he’s wanting more importance in the roster when we gave a lot of opportunities out and often didn’t get the return needed.

Suns have tried to accommodate Jae Crowder with a trade.

The very least he could do is respect the process and not air it in social media.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
What a disappointment. I expected more from a veteran player like Jae Crowder.

I can't understand how these well paid Suns athletes are and how they always want to leave mad & full revenge when trade talks pop up involving them or if players just want a change of scenery themselves. It's a business...Understand.

And is it too much for the front office to sit them down and explain to them that for it to work well on both sides there has to be cooperation and understand to make it work. And I'm sure it's not just the Suns players but it may be we just hear more from them probably because we are here.

What ever happened to being professional? And just be thankful you can take that big fat pay check to the bank?

Crowder toughness will be miss but the Suns will survive. Lineups change all the time.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns should have released this earlier.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
at best, this is just about Crowder having known he's been involved in trade talks all off season.
at worst. Crowder was a component of the family dysfunction at the end of the season.

either way. i believe Crowder was a weak link in the offense and, perhaps, his defense helped pump up some of our opponents.
this news doesn't hurt as long as there is more than one buyer for his services

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose