Suns Off-season Thread

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You thinking salary save? I have not looked at their roster. They have to get something back I just don't know what.
Looking at their roster, I don't see what it could be actually. They are a little over the cap, so we have to be matching salaries.

Maybe Duncan Robinson, but that's a pretty hefty contract and we would have to throw in Craig with Crowder.

Actually it almost has to be Duncan Robinson looking at thier current contracts.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at their roster, I don't see what it could be actually. They are a little over the cap, so we have to be matching salaries.

Maybe Duncan Robinson, but that's a pretty hefty contract and we would have to throw in Craig with Crowder.

Actually it almost has to be Duncan Robinson looking at thier current contracts.
Yeah..that doesn't make sense at all. SG/SF Combo we don't need.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You thinking salary save? I have not looked at their roster. They have to get something back I just don't know what.

Yes, it could be a salary saving move.

Maybe the Suns get a second round draft pick or two. It would be nice somehow to get Omer Yurtseven included.

The problem is matching salaries.

Reaction score
This was probably alreAdy explained and I missed it (because I wasn't reading the Durant comments anymore); but is there any actual evidence that this player would have any interest in coming to the Phoenix Suns, besides that we saw him at a local Mexican fast-food hole? Or do you just "feel it in your bones?" Even if we merely knew that Kevin Durant claims to be Devin Booker's bosom buddy (I haven't heard that, but it seems like many, many star players really like Devin Booker), I suppose weak evidence would still be evidence.

I know I'm the only person who isn't very interested in tearing the current Suns team apart for some other team's aging superstar. In admitting that the current core that I saw go to the Finals in 2021 (and lose) wasn't good enough to win a championship. It was always a tight-rope balance, considering Chris Paul's size and age and the rebounding deficiency. The feelings surrounding this former Suns contender are so completely different from the aftermath of when one of Barkley's teams got beaten. (No--there's a point of comparison. At some point, some were desperate enough to whisper about some multi-team blockbuster involving Kevin Johnson.) People thought that group was good enough to get back to the Finals. This group...it has a slightly better regular-season record and is generally considered the best regular-season Suns team ever; but I hear no one thinking it will probably return to the finals.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JaVale McGee reportedly wanting a multi-year contract and Miami is said to be interested in Jae Crowder.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Reaction score
Who thinks I'm taking the illness factor too seriously? I wonder...even as I find it to be a valid excuse for the playoff embarrassment.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was probably alreAdy explained and I missed it (because I wasn't reading the Durant comments anymore); but is there any actual evidence that this player would have any interest in coming to the Phoenix Suns, besides that we saw him at a local Mexican fast-food hole? Or do you just "feel it in your bones?" Even if we merely knew that Kevin Durant claims to be Devin Booker's bosom buddy (I haven't heard that, but it seems like many, many star players really like Devin Booker), I suppose weak evidence would still be evidence.

I know I'm the only person who isn't very interested in tearing the current Suns team apart for some other team's aging superstar. In admitting that the current core that I saw go to the Finals in 2021 (and lose) wasn't good enough to win a championship. It was always a tight-rope balance, considering Chris Paul's size and age and the rebounding deficiency. The feelings surrounding this former Suns contender are so completely different from the aftermath of when one of Barkley's teams got beaten. (No--there's a point of comparison. At some point, some were desperate enough to whisper about some multi-team blockbuster involving Kevin Johnson.) People thought that group was good enough to get back to the Finals. This group...it has a slightly better regular-season record and is generally considered the best regular-season Suns team ever; but I hear no one thinking it will probably return to the finals.
Hardly. There are some of us that have zero interest in trading for Durant and several more that are only interested if we're forced into trading DA.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This is inarguably the best free agency news were going to get this offseason

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Just want to clear up one thing, you know that Filibertos photo is a photoshop job, right?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is inarguably the best free agency news were going to get this offseason

But Frank is your "Hero."

Seriously, I do not see the Suns adding better depth on the tail end of their roster if he is healthy.

Reaction score
Just want to clear up one thing, you know that Filibertos photo is a photoshop job, right?
No, I didn't--because I barely paid enough attention to a photo of Kevin Durant to notice it either way! I just felt obligated to acknowledge it. If that's a fake photo, that's fine with me, because I'm not interested in acquiring Kevin Durant in the first place.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, I didn't--because I barely paid enough attention to a photo of Kevin Durant to notice it either way! I just felt obligated to acknowledge it. If that's a fake photo, that's fine with me, because I'm not interested in acquiring Kevin Durant in the first place.
A poster made a big deal out of seeing PJ Tucker eating there really late at night (early morning). As I recall he suggested PJ was inebriated and was with a disreputable female or two. It's become something of a standard joke around here.

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score
Suns need someone to hit an open shot.
That's the thing that stood out to me watching virtually all the playoff teams. Teams hit open 3s. Period. Suns don't. Even reliable Cam J couldn't reliably hit a 3. And yet I'll bet Suns trade him. Could get real ugly next season. Without Ayton, Suns will be hard pressed to have any defense at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose