Suns Off-season Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that the GM's strategy of only going after veterans instead of rookies is far from a full proof one.

That's the thing. They have to be good players on expiring contracts who are in demand.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Wouldn’t trade Crowder unless it’s part of a bigger deal. He’s still a top-8 rotation player at worst.

Y’all need to prepare yourselves for Turner/Brogdon.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wouldn’t trade Crowder unless it’s part of a bigger deal. He’s still a top-8 rotation player at worst.

this is what I'm expecting if we make a deal.

if Brogdon and Turner stayed healthy all next year (unlikely), I could see us at least still in the 3-4-5 range. A solid playoff contender, but end of day, ultimately, a title pretender.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

if Brogdon and Turner stayed healthy all next year (unlikely), I could see us at least still in the 3-4-5 range. A solid playoff contender, but end of day, ultimately, a title pretender.
For our pieces or for Ayton? That would be a crap return for Ayton, and Suns said they don't want guys with 1 year left. (Turner)

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think the Crowder deal may just be about giving Cam the starting spot, and they know Crowder won't be cool with that.

That and he is one of our most movable assets. Hoping he is traded for a ballhandler/creator.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't think so.

Gambo has said suns don't want Brogden because of his foot issues, and they don't want to trade for a guy on the last year of his deal like Turner.

Not to mention, people are saying Indiana is not that interested in Ayton from what I have heard.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Dejonte Murray is really available, and the Spurs want Ayton, and he is having issues with Monty then that seems like the deal to make to me.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not expecting to get anything of value back for crowder.
He has value. Especially for teams in contention, or for a young team.

I mean we will not get a starter back for sure, but a 7th/8th man type guy is possible.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

His 3pt percentage is inflated due to a low number of attempts. He averaged just 1.6 attempts a game and 0.7 makes, which is 44%. He averaged 1.6 attempts in Washington also but only made 0.6 of them, which is 34%. So that 1 extra attempt every 10 games raised it by 10%. He's a 37% shooter from 3 for his career.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems like every time he stepped on the court he played well. I really like him but Monty is rolling with Payne and Shamet
We don't know what Monty is rolling with next year. I mean if Monty puts all his faith in Payne again...we are screwed. Plus, why try and keep Holiday if you are going to let him ride the bench? Maybe Monty is open to competition for the spot? Doesn't really make sense otherwise.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We don't know what Monty is rolling with next year. I mean if Monty puts all his faith in Payne again...we are screwed. Plus, why try and keep Holiday if you are going to let him ride the bench? Maybe Monty is open to competition for the spot? Doesn't really make sense otherwise.

He hasn’t shown anything in the time he’s been here that he’s open to competition or adjusting

He’s gonna ride with his guys.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I'm starting to believe Monty is mostly a CP3-made coach. Whenever Chris Paul departs (or falls off the age cliff, in our case) so does Monty's coaching acumen.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He hasn’t shown anything in the time he’s been here that he’s open to competition or adjusting

He’s gonna ride with his guys.
Holiday was productive in the tiny spurts he has been in there. He wasn't really given the opportunity last year to play a larger role or compete for the job. I think there is something to Monty allowing competition this year for the spot. Plus if I am Holiday? I don't want to come back without that opportunity. I am not going to judge what Monty is going to do until the roster is set and we see what he does in the offseason.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It seems like every time he stepped on the court he played well. I really like him but Monty is rolling with Payne and Shamet
Disappointed in this, but the Suns have disappointed me in a LOT worse ways than this. Going to dismiss it from my mind now.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Holiday was productive in the tiny spurts he has been in there. He wasn't really given the opportunity last year to play a larger role or compete for the job. I think there is something to Monty allowing competition this year for the spot. Plus if I am Holiday? I don't want to come back without that opportunity. I am not going to judge what Monty is going to do until the roster is set and we see what he does in the offseason.

Abdel Nader? Elf? Payne? Shamet?

The book is out on Monty

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Abdel Nader? Elf? Payne? Shamet?

The book is out on Monty
Well I am hoping naturally that Monty learned something from the last two seasons. I am skeptical but we shall see.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am starting to get very very dark feelings about this offseason.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am starting to get very very dark feelings about this offseason.
Not time to panic yet. Let's see what happens July 1. There is still a chance that Durant makes his intentions known and that becomes a REAL possibility. Nobody knows yet because he hasn't spoke to the organization yet. Maybe there is another deal to be had out there we have not heard about.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson