Suns Off-season Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard this yesterday. I'm not thrilled with the idea unless it includes a very special player in return.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Getting warmer. Donte needs to be healthy though. I like the combo guard idea.

Despite strong objections from some on this board, I'm still looking at Dennis Schroeder as a fit and he has history of playing with CP3 as a third guard behind him and SGA in OKC.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Despite strong objections from some on this board, I'm still looking at Dennis Schroeder as a fit and he has history of playing with CP3 as a third guard behind him and SGA in OKC.

I like Schroeder but @Phrazbit was right about Payton and he is not high on this move either.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does Miami have Oladipo's Bird rights? Maybe a sign and trade for Crowder?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Elie Okobo anyone?

Reaction score
Hardly. There are some of us that have zero interest in trading for Durant and several more that are only interested if we're forced into trading DA.
Thanks for the answer; the subtext was "correct me if I'm wrong, but." More helpful than someone else nitpicking me for not bothering to know or find out about a photo being faked. Anyway, I'm pleased with the current core, and am not interested in destroying it.

It's frankly a more stable core than Charles Barkley/Kevin Johnson, and much better on defense. It just has its own critical weakness of Chris Paul's age limiting it to only one or two more years.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m expecting the worst this off-season.
Trade ayton for a meh player plus ehh picks

Than sign a few ehhhhhh players to fill out bench sadly also how I see it playing out

Obviously hoping suns make 1 decent fa signing find out soon... fingers crossed

Reaction score
I find this Suns front office, and the coaching staff, and to a somewhat smaller extent the team, conservative to such an extent that that risks backfiring. Already has, really.

Their coach has no interest in or aptitude for innovation. At first I thought he was the [polar opposite of Mike Antoni; more recently I realized that as a practical matter, he simply approaches D'Antoni's position from the opposite direction. They both ended up self-defeatingly stubborn and resistant to change. I've felt disappointed that Williams did not exploit his team's comfortable position to risk experimenting with the bench.

The group of players...they're sort of the opposite of Charles Barkley's group of players. Barkley's players had heart, but were unpredictable and unstable. They could hold their own against the Chicago Bulls at times during the finals or...inexplicably drop two straight playoff games to the inferior Lakers after beating them like a drum in the regular season. They could come back from the dead whenever they wanted; if they'd had a few more minutes on the clock, they would have shrugged off John Paxson's shot and fought back again. With them, what you saw may or may not be what you would get.

Now this team...it's comparatively methodical and predictable. It clearly models its attitude after the championship-era Spurs. It has almost none of the Barkley groups' weaknesses (no center, insufficient defense, players feuding), but it has none of the strengths either. I find it to have less heart and determination, and I don't trust it. What you see is probably what you get, with it. It doesn't usually fall behind in the first place, necessitating a dramatic comeback, like Barkley's teams could. But when Paul's group does fall behind, that's probably it.

The GM...he is rather patient, intelligent and cautious. But does he have any of Jerry Colangelo's boldness and impatience? Uncertain. He's obviously willing to risk startling blockbuster deals, because what else would you call the Chris Paul trade. But otherwise...he tolerates a coach whose only strength is player management; he tolerated and may have approved a deliberate decision to blatantly take it easy at the end of a winning season, which helped lead to a catastrophic and humiliating result.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson