Suns Off-season Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh, I don't know.

They pushed the suns without zion, and Durant is a big upgrade to Ingrahm. They also have some good 2nd year players.
A Suns team sans Booker for 3.5 games and one seemingly in turmoil ready to unravel.

I don’t think a Durant/McCollum/Valucianas Big 3 is what he’s dreaming of.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, now they are saying the Nets are not looking for a Superstar. They are looking for an All-Star Calibur player in return and picks. All of the picks the Nets previously traded are unprotected. They want some picks.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On 98.7 they want to give away our draft picks for a decade.

They are acting like it's a lock we win the title. That is crap.

We could easily have a team that looks a lot like the Nets if we give up to much, then where will we be - garbage for the next decade.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

We could easily have a team that looks a lot like the Nets if we give up to much, then where will we be - garbage for the next decade.
Sorry but it's going to cost us picks. All of the Nets picks they have traded have zero protection. That seems to be a major driver for the Nets. I don't know what is reasonable but we are going to have to offer picks.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score

Well, we could only give up our draft picks for a half a decade, as NBA only allows you to trade away your first rounder in alternate years.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
send all of the picks. keep bridges out of the deal
Suns are not going to have a choice. They want an All-Star caliber player. Who else on the Suns fits that bill but Bridges? Sounds like if we get KD? Bridges is gone.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sorry but it's going to cost us picks. All of the Nets picks they have traded have zero protection. That seems to be a major driver.
I know it will cost some picks, but if we are giving up all our young players and all our picks, We are guarenteeing this team will suck badly for many years.

If I am giving up Cam, Ayton and Mikal, 2 first rounders is the max I would give up no matter what. If that's not enough than so be it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Here’s the way I look at it… since we don’t want Ayton and are likely to take back Pennies on the dollar, we’re done for the foreseeable future as far as title runs are concerned and it’s going to take a while to build back up post Paul.

So we’re looking at probably a 50 and fade team the next couple years, then limbo hell for two or three years after that.

With KD, we have a two year window to win the title again. Then we’d probably be terrible. So, gimme the two year window and terrible versus the 50 and fade and then mediocre and then terrible.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns are not going to have a choice. They want an All-Star caliber player. Who else on the Suns fits that bill but Bridges? Sounds like if we get KD? Bridges is gone.
It really depends on how much power KD has actually.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it will cost some picks, but if we are giving up all our young players and all our picks, We are guarenteeing this team will suck badly for many years.

If I am giving up Cam, Ayton and Mikal, 2 first rounders is the max I would give up no matter what. If that's not enough than so be it.
Well the Suns have said they will not gut the team. Likely meaning you are not getting Cam J and Bridges. My guess is the Nets won't except anything less then Bridges because who else is "All-Star caliber"???

P.S. We wil still have Ayton to trade if the Nets don't want him. He still has some value.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo stepped off the mic to talk to a source about the trade.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They have a choice. Don't do it.

Seriously if we are basically going to have Booker, a 38 year old unreliable Paul, and Durant - how is that better than Kyrie, Durant and Harden, and how did that work out.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well the Suns have said they will not gut the team. Likely meaning you are not getting Cam J and Bridges. My guess is the Nets won't except anything less then Bridges because who else is "All-Star caliber"???

P.S. We wil still have Ayton to trade if the Nets don't want him. He still has some value.
IMO Ayton is.

If teams are willing to pay him the max, then some of them probably agree with that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges is not the difference between a contender and a pretender. His ceiling is as a role player. Today, his biggest value to the team is as a chip to bring Kevin Durant to Phoenix. No one loves role players more than Suns fans.
Yop

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

that's what i was about to post.

Durant, Booker and CP3 would not be a title lock and we could indeed end up like the new Nets.
for one thing, we're no longer a top defensive team without Ayton and Bridges

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So Brooklyn is saying the deal is off if they don’t get Booker in return? They can keep walking.

That writer is an idiot. Same rule that prevents the Heat from trading Bam to Brooklyn prevents the Suns from trading Booker. Ignore him, clearly is talking out his ass.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, we do have a problem if Nets want an all star, and don't want Ayton.

Because it doesn't seem like any all stars are available for Ayton or we would already know about it.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Maybe Ayton to the Spurs for some of their picks/players to the Nets along with Bridges and some of our picks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave