Suns Off-season Thread

Reaction score
I have meant to ask this. Before the Chris Paul trade, did people know it at least might be coming? I don't mean twitter twits like Flex, whoever that is. I mean did the teams leak word to the media so that every Suns fan heard they might get Chris Paul. Or was everyone astonished?

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have meant to ask this. Before the Chris Paul trade, did people know it at least might be coming? I don't mean twitter twits like Flex, whoever that is. I mean did the teams leak word to the media so that every Suns fan heard they might get Chris Paul. Or was everyone astonished?
Been in the works for a while

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He did, and several injuries / covid timetables. I have zero doubt in my mind he has an inside suns source.

Yes. I've mentioned it as well. It's nice to have company. He has missed some as well but that's the nature of sports.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No he is not dead wrong. Flex has gotten plenty of stuff wrong too. Cheese, Hoop and a bunch of us have listed stuff numerous times. No doubt he has someone feeding his info but he is full of crap often too. I called EXACTLY how Flex would try to take credit like he was right about the KD trade. Local media quashed that he was EVER an opportunity prior to today. His own damn agent has been trying KD to talk to the nets since July. That didn't happen until today because Durant had not made up his mind. Evne then he gave the Nets a list.
I can't help you if you can't think logically.

Stuff changes. Nobody on Earth including the Suns GM would be right if you hold them to those standards.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He did, and several injuries / covid timetables. I have zero doubt in my mind he has an inside suns source.
He got some of that wrong too. Swore that Book's nose wasn't broken. Prematurely said Book was cleared. Also, stated one of the most ridiculous of all the claims that the NBA was considering rescheduling games to accommodate CP3's Covid.

That's why his info is weird. Sometimes he gets stuff right and sometimes he couldn't be more full of crap.

Stuff changes. Nobody on Earth including the Suns GM would be right if you hold them to those standards.
You are the exact kind of person he loves. Say general crap and you fill in the blanks so you think he is right. Take both positions so there is always an out (things change). LOL.

What about the times he deleted Tweets after getting blasted on Twitter?

Yeah...logical.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's like running a read option in football. Things happen fast.

Reaction score
He got some of that wrong too. Swore that Book's nose wasn't broken. Prematurely said Book was cleared. Also, stated one of the most ridiculous of all the claims that the NBA was considering rescheduling games to accommodate CP3's Covid.

That's why his info is weird. Sometimes he gets stuff right and sometimes he couldn't be more full of crap.
Stuff like that--ultimately, the continued embarrassments at being wrong (even if by listening to the wrong information)--is what makes me want to just shut up and quit messing with rumor. Either spreading it or just listening to it.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stuff like that--ultimately, the continued embarrassments at being wrong (even if by listening to the wrong information)--is what makes me want to just shut up and quit messing with rumor. Either spreading it or just listening to it.
In Flex's defense he is still fun to read. I mean even rumor sometimes are fun to read. Flex definitely has gotten better at gaslighting. He used to be way more specific, and we he got things wrong just deleted Tweets. He tends to be more general now or play both sides to give him an out. At the very least he is learning the game. The funny thing is? I have been reading Flex's stuff from the very start. So, have other's here. It's just some of us call him out on his crap.

He says now he is hanging it all up this season. So there is that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
JJ is not as incompetent as some of you think
Let’s see him pull it off and what he negotiates and then what he backfills the roster with before we crown him. So far we know this:

KD who is under contract with nets for years has asked for a trade.

KD likes suns.

Literally that’s all we know. But we should somehow credit jones?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He has to nail this KD thing, but aside from CP3, he’s largely been worthless
That’s not true. Cam Johnson was nice pick. Cam Payne was nice signing. Mcgee was nice signing. Biyombo was nice signing.

Were those giant steps? No. But positives. Also plenty of stubbed toes. But KD for a reasonable package would vault him considerably.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let’s see him pull it off and what he negotiates and then what he backfills the roster with before we crown him. So far we know this:

KD likes suns.

The downside, if the Suns can't get Durant it will put them behind in free agency. A lot of players will be off the table.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

KD likes suns.

Literally that’s all we know. But we should somehow credit jones.
KD didn't even make up his mind until now. He wasn't even talking to the Nets. There were no negotiations between teams, no verbal deals or anything with the Suns. Yeah..I don't know how Jones gets credit either. All the previous speculation was just that.

I will give credit to Jones when the deal is done.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

KD likes suns.

It does show how far the Suns have come.

Fans would have laughed a few years ago at the idea of Durant wanting to come to the Suns.