Suns Off-season Thread

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KD didn't even make up his mind until now. He wasn't even talking to the Nets. There were no negotiations between teams, no verbal deals or anything with the Suns.

I don't believe that. His agent was likely in contact with Brooklyn and I imagine the Suns have also been in contact with Brooklyn which explains some of these weird Ayton to Brooklyn rumors. I could see the Suns wanting Claxton and Harris in return for an Ayton package and Brooklyn likely wants off the Harris contract too.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have meant to ask this. Before the Chris Paul trade, did people know it at least might be coming? I don't mean twitter twits like Flex, whoever that is. I mean did the teams leak word to the media so that every Suns fan heard they might get Chris Paul. Or was everyone astonished?
No. Flex mentioned it at least a week before it was anywhere.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Top dogs go where they want - KD wants to go to the Suns. On top of that, Ayton + will be better than any offer made from any other team KD would consider.

I'd hold out on including Mikail unless absolutely necessary.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
yes, Ayton's priorities fist came into question when we acquired him, when he was already focusing on his big re-signing payday.

regarding Durant, he has a history of saying stupid stuff. For the Suns, i would compare the move to the Barkley trade. he was an idiot before he joined us, but by that time in his career he had matured some. There are signs that KD may have also rounded out some of his edges.

the other Durant baggage is him jumping on the Warrior's championship bandwagon (who had eliminated his team the prior season) -- in some ways, like Barkley did when he left us for Houston

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It does show how far the Suns have come.

Fans would have laughed a few years ago at the idea of Durant wanting to come to the Suns.
I think it’s really more of a reflection of book and maybe Paul (no idea if Paul and kd have connections). These days other than NY, Miami, and LA players are more interested in other players than teams imo.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Please come to suns kd

A trio of cp3 book durant if healthy would be fun as heck good potential

Will find out ton or later this week probably.... fingers crossed edibles rdy for kd lol

It would be fun sure. But that alone isn't going to win us a title.

We have to have some depth.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't believe that. His agent was likely in contact with Brooklyn and I imagine the Suns have also been in contact with Brooklyn which explains some of these weird Ayton to Brooklyn rumors. I could see the Suns wanting Claxton and Harris in return for an Ayton package and Brooklyn likely wants off the Harris contract too.

Yeah, players and agents talk all the time.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's pretty much set in stone. The Suns will do something BIG or small either very soon or at a later date.
The Suns are very motivated to do something involving DA or not.
My sources tell me something about continuity moving forward one foot in front of the other and adjustments.

I'm taking a break from being awesome, I'll be back for you adorations when all this stuff comes true.
Told ya

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it’s really more of a reflection of book and maybe Paul (no idea if Paul and kd have connections). These days other than NY, Miami, and LA players are more interested in other players than teams imo.

I don't agree with some of the decisions James Jones makes but he deserves credit for putting the Suns in this position.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not according to what I was listening to locally. They said they had talked to the people in the organization, and they were pissed at KD for not having any contact. Now I can't speak to their reputation since I don't live there. Just repeating what they said. That doesn't mean KD wasn't talking to any friends or something. He likely was which is likely where all the rumor mills came from. Players vent to friends who then blab to people all the time. That also doesn't mean as Windhrrst reported that KD hasn't been thinking about this for days.

Last edited:

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
KD doesnt care about Sarver Booker or Phoenix.
This is just a very comphy bed to be in if your goal is to shut Steph and Dramonds mouth.
Which just so happens to be my goal as well.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. He doesn't have a no trade clause. Signed for 4 years.

The Nets aren't going to ruin their credibility with players and agents if they send Durant where he doesn't want to go.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
98.7 just reported that per WOJ the Suns are now focused on working out a deal for KD. Per WOJ the Suns will NOT gut the entire team to get him. Also, the Nets have expressed to him that they will go with the best deal available for KD. The two primary teams are Suns and Miami.

The part with the Nets seems like posturing though. KD isn't going where he doesn't want to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson