Suns @ Nets Saturday game thread 11-27-2021

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He would seriously need to work on his handles to get better and we just haven’t seen that over the last couple years. It’s possible, but he would really need to buckle down and drill that into his game to take the next step.

I think it’s what Monty wants. I think him and Ayton are in the same boat and doing what’s asked of them. It’s clear the offense part of both there games hasn’t really improved but defensively they made huge strides I think it’s by design.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow very awesome w sorry nash not this time!!

Awesome gm by book!!

Cant forget green hit to 16th win

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve said nothing but I love him and he was my #1 Target in free agency. I never said he doesn’t impact the game but he is what he is. A really good role player.

No one contends McGee is a star. A really good role player will help a team win a lot of games though, especially when they provide interior offense and defense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Finito

This is what I'm talking about with the importance of McGee.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The team was yelling first team for Mikal Bridges as in First Team All-Defense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty says the Suns win with their defense.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah... I was totally wrong about Bridges being overrated, especially on D. Having gotten to watch the entirety of the last five games, that guy is playing outta his mind on that end of the court.
He is unbelievably disruptive. He gets his hands on so many passes that it's like he has 4 arms and he does it without gambling and losing position. Merely facing him while dribbling is a risky proposition.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Wizards beat the Mavericks tonight. I will take it.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
So they have had a 17 game win streak but nothing higher?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Haha nbaTV shows like 5 nets highlights and 2 suns. They didn’t even mention bookers first quarter. Not even a CJ dunk.

Least Greg showed us some love.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Worst game of the year by Ayton

Booker was a disaster. Just lots of iso and hero ball by him

No ball movement down the stretch I think it was 4 plays in the row where we had to chuck it up because the shot clock was running down.

They looked tired down the stretch

Hung on to get the W not all of them are gonna be pretty but this was a huge game everybody around the league was watching this and we came out on top
All of this. Also bridges with 8 steals and his presence felt even greater than that! If we hit some of the wide open threes we sometimes get we would never be beaten. We miss some WIDE OPEN threes.

And god bless mcgee’s hustle and savvy.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No one contends McGee is a star. A really good role player will help a team win a lot of games though, especially when they provide interior offense and defense.
One thing I've noticed is McGee is in the best shape I've ever seen him. He's getting more go time and is able to play more mins than I thought.
I'm really impressed with his mobility and how he plays under the rim like a center should. He appears to have fully fit in here with the Fellas and is onboard for a finals run.
The fans LOVE him. The team loves him. And my wife loves him so I have someone to go to games with now.
Best random pickup this team has made in a while not including Payne.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton has no hands at all….
When I read these kinds of comments I wish people would go back and watch Len or Lopez try to handle the ball in the lane. I remain convinced that Len doesn't even have fingers.

I honestly think Ayton has very good hands, his problem is he puts himself in bad spots by not being aggressive. When he should keep the ball high and attack the basket instead he brings in low and tries to gather. He is not as aggressive as a player with his talents should be and he does not seem to trust himself to make quick moves to the hoop.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
McGee has been fantastic... easily the best FA signing here in the last decade.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s good, but do you remember the revolving door of point guards before Chris Paul and my #1, Cam Payne??

Yeah we don’t make it to the finals without Cam Payne playing out of his mind while Paul was gone in the playoffs

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
McGee has been fantastic... easily the best FA signing here in the last decade.
Kind of like what eartz brings to cards talent with attiude

Great signings by cards suns owners lately

Nets tried late but awesome gms by book bridges cp3 seales it

You can see this suns team wants the ultimate prize we shall see

Last edited: