Suns @ Mavericks Monday game thread 12-5-2022

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luka plows his chest into Booker and gets the call.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
End of 3rd quarter:

Mavericks 96 - Suns 75

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Payne has not shot well but he has brought the energy.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Booker stays in the game.
Where's the 40 point Booker tonight? We need it. Is he hurt too? Just don't like how the Suns play & prepare for Maverick. But it is the second of a back to back and key Suns contributors are missing . But Booker & Mikal need to step up against the Mavs.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where's the 40 point Booker tonight? We need it. Is he hurt too? Just don't like how the Suns play & prepare for Maverick. But it is the second of a back to back and key Suns contributors are missing . But Booker & Mikal need to step up against the Mavs.

This is the kind of game when you find out the grit of a player and who wants to play.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice move by Dario for the layup.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final

Mavericks 130 - Suns 111

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The final stats for the game.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well dang suns get smoked and my money fantasy football loses by 1 point bad n ugh

Welp 420 self pity listen to sad music bong hit

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Just can't spot a team 20 points on the road and on the 2nd of a back to back. We just can not defend this team in this building. We did alright in the season opener at home and in 3 of the 4 home games of the playoff series, but the last 3 times we played them in this building they just score at will.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow...been out of town for the past several days and just got back from California. Been reading through this. Is it me or does Book seem to have more bad games against the Mavs then most? Man, I can't wait until the Suns are at full strength to see what this matchup might look like in the playoffs.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Suns had the Mavs number last season during the regular season and then Kidd figured us out in the playoffs and hasn’t looked back. We need to come up with a new game plan against the Mavs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Mavericks have the Suns spooked, and Doncic especially so. It's like seeing him on the court makes the pain of the missed pick too much to endure, and they just go fetal.
This. Early on they were getting looks and couldn’t hit the broadside of the barn and all of sudden it was game 7 in all their heads. Ridiculous and embarrassing.

Bridges really sucked tonight. And shamet has almost no business on an nba floor.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This. Early on they were getting looks and couldn’t hit the broadside of the barn and all of sudden it was game 7 in all their heads. Ridiculous and embarrassing.

Bridges really sucked tonight. And shamet has almost no business on an nba floor.
It didn’t even make sense, even D Lee was a turnover machine early on and he wasn’t w en a part of this disaster last season. These clowns just seem to hit a ridiculous amount of 3 s against us it’s the only way they beat us is knocking down 20 3s. Sucks but let them get comfortable they might not even make the playoffs the way they are playing. The Suns just need to get healthy and play Suns basketball. And JJ needs to flip crowder for a useful piece! Saric can go as well if needed to land a legit PF we need on this team.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It didn’t even make sense, even D Lee was a turnover machine early on and he wasn’t w en a part of this disaster last season. These clowns just seem to hit a ridiculous amount of 3 s against us it’s the only way they beat us is knocking down 20 3s. Sucks but let them get comfortable they might not even make the playoffs the way they are playing. The Suns just need to get healthy and play Suns basketball. And JJ needs to flip crowder for a useful piece! Saric can go as well if needed to land a legit PF we need on this team.
We also always find ourselves scrambling and leaving three point shooters WIDE FREAKING OPEN when we play the mavs. And monty still hasn’t figured out their defense. We get no open looks. The thing to do would be to have Ayton go monster on them but even tonight he couldn’t really go monster. They couldn’t find a way to get him the ball more. He should be our leading scorer and leading shot taker against this mavs team. He also needs to attack the offensive glass. One offensive rebound isn’t using your mismatch enough.

That said, we didn’t lose because of Ayton. We lost because the mavs are living rent free, dancing and laughing, in book and bridges heads. And monty can’t figure that team out if his life depended on it.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
This is the kind of game when you find out the grit of a player and who wants to play.
I wondering where's Monty's grit. I blame a lot on Monty as Jason Kidd keeps out coaching him. Suns barely won last game with the Mavs after putting on a furious rally. Can't Monty come up with a counter attack against the Mavs? Look Ayton plays only 28 of the 48 minutes yet goes 9 for 11 from field. He needed more touches and looks & you got to go to the hot hand. And what happens to Booker' game when he faces Luka? Luka is like Giannis always getting an unfair advantage from the refs and can plow into the opposition to score & one free throw. I hate that superstar treatment. Man up Monty just staring into the headlights won't get the job done. I know we were short handed but show what you're made of if you want the championship.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wondering where's Monty's grit. I blame a lot on Monty as Jason Kidd keeps out coaching him. Suns barely won last game with the Mavs after putting on a furious rally. Can't Monty come up with a counter attack against the Mavs? Look Ayton plays only 28 of the 48 minutes yet goes 9 for 11 from field. He needed more touches and looks & you got to go to the hot hand. And what happens to Booker' game when he faces Luka? Luka is like Giannis always getting an unfair advantage from the refs and can plow into the opposition to score & one free throw. I hate that superstar treatment. Man up Monty just staring into the headlights won't get the job done. I know we were short handed but show what you're made of if you want the championship.

It started even before the Suns took the court. The Suns were not ready to play. This is coaching. They knew exactly what they were going to get from Dallas.

Ayton was getting good looks, but they didn't get the ball to him enough. I jokingly noted during the game, the .5 offense doesn't work when only one player is making shots. Sometimes the offense has to be adjusted to what is working. They shouldn't be putting up 3-point misses when Ayton was open for layups.

IMO, the Suns should have started Okogie on Luka and wipe that smile off his face. I believe he has to be made uncomfortable. Okogie could have got in his lap if Monty instructed him too.

Again, the Suns seemed content to mail in the loss except for a few players like Payne and Ayton even before the game even started.
There is no shame in losing but the effort has to be there. Last night, the effort wasn't there. I think Landale could have played more.

Btw, I hope James Jones noticed the Suns weaknesses. This team has been running short on players for a long time. They need to be more physical.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One more comment, have the Suns forgotten how to beat the Mavericks?

They had dominated the Mavericks at one time. Guard the other players and make Luka beat you. Make him carry the team by himself.

Please, no more wide open threes.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
It started even before the Suns took the court. The Suns were not ready to play. This is coaching. They knew exactly what they were going to get from Dallas.

Ayton was getting good looks, but they didn't get the ball to him enough. I jokingly noted during the game, the .5 offense doesn't work when only one player is making shots. Sometimes the offense has to be adjusted to what is working. They shouldn't be putting up 3-point misses when Ayton was open for layups.

IMO, the Suns should have started Okogie on Luka and wipe that smile off his face. I believe he has to be made uncomfortable. Okogie could have got in his lap if Monty instructed him too.

Again, the Suns seemed content to mail in the loss except for a few players like Payne and Ayton even before the game even started.
There is no shame in losing but the effort has to be there. Last night, the effort wasn't there. I think Landale could have played more.

Btw, I hope James Jones noticed the Suns weaknesses. This team has been running short on players for a long time. They need to be more physical.
That smile of Luka's is from the fact he knows he will get away with 10-20 offensive fouls per game and the refs won't call any of them on him. He's good but receives far too much help from refs. That where I lose respect for him. His unfair advantage on calls but it's not really Luka's fault that the refs do this but rather the league's fault.

Okogie is showing some signs of life and may become a valuable defensive player for the Suns. He just can't shoot well.

We all know
James Jones needs to plug that hole at power forward if only he could get that. Torry Craig has done far better than I thought he would filling in but we not going to Finals with Craig at PF unless everybody else plays insanely great. Maybe James Jones has a trade in place after Dec.15. Crowder needs to be turned for a valuable player.

Monty's hesitant to go to Ayton even when he's hot makes me believe that Ayton will be gone at the trade deadline. Not a big fan of Monty anymore. I think the Suns are winning not so much because of Monty but rather in spite of him. Go Suns!!

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose