ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I legit thought we would leave Dallas up 3-1

Get this ugly game out of the way and blow them out Sunday

But on the positive side it looks like Crowder has found his groove

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
A lot of the Suns issues are on Monty and his obstinacy about rotations, timeouts, adjustments, not getting on the refs, not limiting playing time when guys aren't producing. I'm not saying he is sinking the Suns' chances... yet. But if we lose this year with a repeat of the same things that killed us against Milwaukee last year, you do have to start to question whether his coaching "philosophy" is a net plus or minus in the post-season, anyway.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Craig hasn't done much but Holiday has played well when he gets the minutes. Suns should have never traded Jalen Smith.

Right Holiday has legitimately played well when given minutes at every step

I can’t remember saying holy hell get Holiday out of there he’s killing us...Payne however

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of the Suns issues are on Monty and his obstinacy about rotations, timeouts, adjustments, not getting on the refs, not limiting playing time when guys aren't producing. I'm not saying he is sinking the Suns' chances... yet. But if we lose this year with a repeat of the same things that killed us against Milwaukee last year, you do have to start to question whether his coaching "philosophy" is a net plus or minus in the post-season, anyway.

I mostly agree but Monty didn't turn the ball over 17 times.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Monty is still learning. But he is the only coach I want right now.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on, the Mavs played a great game and the Suns were stagnant. It's nothing to get all worked up about and start talking about replacing Monty over.

Chris Paul had one of his worst games ever turning the ball over. Ayton wasn't making shots he normally does. Booker was tenative. Bridges sucked on both ends.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ehhh kind of glad missed was at work... lookin on box

Well dissapointin but steal next 1 will cure the blues

No more wins for mavs!!

420 11 pm hit for self pitty lol just ugh..

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ayton on the defensive end was a huge negative for us, his cement shoes didn't allow him to jump and challenge 1 single shot all game had Brunson in the lane a few times and just stretched his hand straight up over his head. it is so frustrating to watch when we need stops and a momentum shift. he just stands flat footed.
Props to Crowder for his shooting and hustling for rebounds. CP3 was in another world tonight. his mind was not in the game. Bridges was way too tenative on his shots. and the refes were terrible and missed calls both ways but some were way to head scratching. after luca's 15th offensive foul they finally called him for one that was an elbo to the face, that should of been a flagarant 1 but just a common foul for him. He gets away with more offensive calls then Giannis and complains non stop! so sick of watching him. you can't even enjoy the good he does. and Monty will be Monty. I wonder if he really has no idea that he has a bench. as poor as Payne has been Holiday needs at least a shot to help when we need it! Rant over!!!

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the mavs earned the win and we deserved the loss
but i can't help but mention that several really awful calls killed our momentum

an interesting one was the no call on Luka when he raked his hand over Paul's face after Paul took the ball out of his hands. but the ref made up for that one with a call on Luka seconds later

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Crowder and McGee might be the only 2 guys who showed up tonight. That might be the worst game I've seen Paul play since he got here. If there is such a thing as a "trap game" in the NBA playoffs it is being up 2-0 and going on the road, especially when the first 2 games were not particularly competitive.

Despite it all we were a few missed gimme baskets away from it going down to the wire.

Not worried. I don't doubt that these guys are pissed off and the Mavs will experience a different team on Sunday.

One more thing I can't help but note... we beat ourselves, no question, but this game featured 2 or 3 of the worst "out of bounds/possession" calls that I have ever seen.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Use a damn challenge Monty Jesus you can’t take them with you! Even just to correct the refs on obvious OB calls that even they knew was wrong so they rush to inbound and hit a huge 3 just dumb to allow it to happen over and over! Guess he thinks he can save them up geesh!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Very. Paul, both Cams, Ayton, and even Mikal all had their poor moments. But Ayton is the most depressing.
Terrible game by everyone except crowder. Had some chances throughout. The turnovers were the story as it gave them 18 more shots than we took. Just beat teams with that stat.

I was a bit shocked at how much they just allowed doncic to throw bridges to the ground. Those are offensive fouls. He lowers the shoulder and extends the arm constantly.

But the real disappointment is Ayton so far in the series. He was supposed to be the X factor. He was supposed to be the player for which Dallas had no answer. He was supposed to bring what Gobert and whitehead couldn’t. He hasn’t produced. 16.7 on 53% shooting and 7.3 rebounds with one block in 3 games and with a game in foul trouble.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last night I kept thinking about all those turnovers, Ayton getting pushed under the basket and those out of bound calls that went to the Mavericks.

The Suns need more production from their bench and Cam Payne has been more of the problem than the answer. They need to get Biyombo and Holiday some minutes when the bench is not producing.

Also what happened to valuing the ball?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose