Suns @ Magic Sunday game thread 1-28-2024

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Outscored 31-13 in the fourth. This team is a joke in the fourth quarter. And the turnovers . . . Jesus. You’d think they’d never played basketball with some of those turnovers.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe you should ask James Jones and Mat Ishbia that question.
I don't need to. They expected the stars to be more impactful and not do nothing in the 4th quarter when we go to full on ISO ball - I did to to be fair.

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score
Book is NOT a PG, that BS has to end. I would rather see Goodwin play more and Gordon less. Gordon has some bad habbits after playing with loser teams for so long
So very true! I cringe when Gordon takes a 3 and it's an airball. I feel like that is his one area where he could possibly contribute and quite often he can't even do that. He has no ability to jump, so slashes to the rim often fail and any kind of defense he offers sucks. I'd like to see way more Okogie. Sure, he often sucks at shooting, but at least you have a high energy defender with long arms who can disrupt passes and be a pest out there. Beal was stinking it up out there in the 4th qtr, stick Okogie in there instead.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Book is NOT a PG, that BS has to end. I would rather see Goodwin play more and Gordon less. Gordon has some bad habbits after playing with loser teams for so long

I agree that Book is not a PG but almost half the turnovers were on KD. I don't know why he's allowed to handle the ball as much as he does. It's fine when he's looking to score but he's not a good playmaker.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Goodwin is not a point guard either. Neither is Gordon. The closest the Suns have is Beal and Booker.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Goodwin is not a point guard either. Neither is Gordon. The closest the Suns have is Beal and Booker.
I've never seen Goodwin or Beal get trapped and throw the ball away the way that Booker does. How many 8 seconds violations does Booker have in the last 3 seasons?

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Teams are using the old tricks they used on kobe back in the day. Let him shoot 1 on 1 for the first 3 quarters to tire him out and prevent anyone else from getting a rhythm, blitz/double in the 4th and force others who haven't shot much all game to make plays.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Teams are using the old tricks they used on kobe back in the day. Let him shoot 1 on 1 for the first 3 quarters to tire him out and prevent anyone else from getting a rhythm, blitz/double in the 4th and force others who haven't shot much all game to make plays.
Don’t buy this not like Book is taking a crazy number of shots right in his normal range. The ridiculous 20+ turnovers and giving other teams too many shots is what’s killing us. Not to mention we took and made a season low in 3 pointers, you’re not beating anyone today making 4 threes in a whole game! This team has too much fire power to put up a 13 point 4th quarter that’s freaking ridiculous!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i really hate watching this team. Those Durant and Booker turnovers are so dumb. It happens every game, Durant dribbles off his leg, Booker passes to no one.

I just can’t believe this long into Booker’s career he lets himself get cornered so easily with double teams.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don’t buy this not like Book is taking a crazy number of shots right in his normal range. The ridiculous 20+ turnovers and giving other teams too many shots is what’s killing us. Not to mention we took and made a season low in 3 pointers, you’re not beating anyone today making 4 threes in a whole game! This team has too much fire power to put up a 13 point 4th quarter that’s freaking ridiculous!

Some people are still saying this but we've seen through 40+ games that the firepower we have is overrated. Embarrassing losses seem to be a weekly occurrence and maybe that's just who this team is, the ultimate pretender.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard