Suns @ Lakers Thursday Playoff game thread 5-27-2021 - Game 3

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
that’s why I said something like that
Yeah but I don’t think he even implied that. He just said two hand push of a guy in the air is bad idea and that Monty isn’t that kind of guy and he’s sure monty will talk to book.

but yeah after he nut kicked crowder he needs to shut his yap.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Chris Paul has hit clutch shots all season. Without him carrying them during crucial stretches the Suns offense goes South in a hurry.
Exactly. And I think it trickles around the young guys. When Paul steadies the ship the young guys tend to follow. It’s a huge domino effect.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not even trying to get him to admit he’s wrong. I’m trying to get him to clarify his position. He said the young guys were soft and we need to do more than just get another big and we need another perimeter scorer. At least, that’s what I think he said. And he’s willing to ship out bridges to do so. So am I correct that he thinks Bridges is soft instead of inexperienced? Cam Johnson played poorly too. So did book. Are they both soft? I mean if those are his positions I disagree with him, but I don’t know if those are his positions bc he won’t clarify his position.

again that is not what I said

I said there is a big difference between playing bad and playing scared.

you brought you a Kobe shooting air balls, but Kobe wasn’t scared or timid matter fact he almost wanted it to much that lead to him being aggressive to a fault

What we are seeing from Bridges is being scared and timid he’s almost flat out refusing to shoot and we’re watching him pass up open shots.

There is a difference

I’ve said this but this is what your doing your getting a logical well thought out answer and you don’t like it so you continue to ask the same question over and over in hopes of something you like

Name a player, I’ve done it, clarify your position I’ve done it

you are legitimately having an argument by yourself

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah but I don’t think he even implied that. He just said two hand push of a guy in the air is bad idea and that Monty isn’t that kind of guy and he’s sure monty will talk to book.

but yeah after he nut kicked crowder he needs to shut his yap.
He said “we keep it between the lines”

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not even trying to get him to admit he’s wrong. I’m trying to get him to clarify his position. He said the young guys were soft and we need to do more than just get another big and we need another perimeter scorer. At least, that’s what I think he said. And he’s willing to ship out bridges to do so. So am I correct that he thinks Bridges is soft instead of inexperienced? Cam Johnson played poorly too. So did book. Are they both soft? I mean if those are his positions I disagree with him, but I don’t know if those are his positions bc he won’t clarify his position.

you brought you a Kobe shooting air balls, but Kobe wasn’t scared or timid matter fact he almost wanted it to much that lead to him being aggressive to a fault

What we are seeing from Bridges is being scared and timid he’s almost flat out refusing to shoot and we’re watching him pass up open shots.

There is a difference

I’ve said this but this is what your doing your getting a logical well thought out answer and you don’t like it so you continue to ask the same question over and over in hopes of something you like

you are legitimetly

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could of used Haliburton in this series. Jones really screwed up last year's draft.

Yes. With the injury to Chris Paul, the Suns could have rested him and gone with Payne and Haliburton at point guard.

It's more than that though. He could have been PGOTF.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

heres the thing... soft and inexperience go hand in hand in the playoffs. It’s why most teams have to take their licks a couple times in the playoffs to HARDEN their mental resolve. Throughout history, the Heat, The Bulls, The Rockets, even the Shaq/Kobe Lakers lost MULTIPLE times as a group because they weren’t playoff tested. They didn’t have the wins under their belt to know they could hit big shots and when they got close, the hunger the next year got them over the hump.

This team is soft BECAUSE they’re young and have never been in this situation. The issues are one in the same. They’re mentally weak and passing up shots because they’ve never been on a stage this big. So they’re playing on edge and scared. Which again was why the Lakers were the WORST matchup for us.

They are also the worst matchup from a size standpoint, which was abundantly clear prior to the playoffs. We just don’t have the size and experience to play with this team, especially with Paul out.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yes. With the injury to Chris Paul, the Suns could have rested him and gone with Payne and Haliburton at point guard.

It's more than that though. He could have been PGOTF.
Unbelievable this boards fascination with Halliburton. Who by the way is sitting at home watching the playoffs instead of playing in them.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

There is a difference

Okay, so you consider Bridges soft. Got it. I could’ve sworn you were speaking about more than one player when you called them scared and that was who they were. am I wrong? I’m legitimately asking.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

There is a difference

And you did say that inexperience wasn’t a valid explanation.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Unbelievable this boards fascination with Halliburton. Who by the way is sitting at home watching the playoffs instead of playing in them.

Yeah we’re fascinated with a 20 year old lotto pick that actually contributes on the court.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Forget haliburton I'm still upset they went with stix. Why pick a big who has a history of getting pushed around when you need size and toughness??? If he can't add strength maybe he can be a decent player but they are not a team that has the luxury of picking projects

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I’m so ticked at Monty. Jevon has had a killer last month and he can’t sniff the floor with a hobbled Chris Paul and an ineffective Devin Booker? And with Dennis Schroeder just running all over them?

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t get all the criticisms of Monty Williams tonight. He’s had a solid defensive game plan. The offense has been getting open shots. I guess they could do more to get Booker open. I don’t even have a problem with Paul’s minutes. When has Payne ever played 35+ minutes?

crowder is shooting like crap but that’s why he was available. He shoots like crap sometimes.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
heres the thing... soft and inexperience go hand in hand in the playoffs. It’s why most teams have to take their licks a couple times in the playoffs to HARDEN their mental resolve. Throughout history, the Heat, The Bulls, The Rockets, even the Shaq/Kobe Lakers lost MULTIPLE times as a group because they weren’t playoff tested. They didn’t have the wins under their belt to know they could hit big shots and when they got close, the hunger the next year got them over the hump.

This team is soft BECAUSE they’re young and have never been in this situation. The issues are one in the same. They’re mentally weak and passing up shots because they’ve never been on a stage this big. So they’re playing on edge and scared. Which again was why the Lakers were the WORST matchup for us.

They are also the worst matchup from a size standpoint, which was abundantly clear prior to the playoffs. We just don’t have the size and experience to play with this team, especially with Paul out.

And that is your OPINION and you are allowed to have it.

facts and opinions are two different things. I’ve said a million times here it’s not right it’s not wrong just different.

I would never call Jordan soft or mentally weak in the playoffs I mean look at his numbers before the championships there insane same with Shaq. Not having a good enough team does not make you soft, playing bad does not make you soft and losing does not make you soft. That is my opinion

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don’t get all the criticisms of Monty Williams tonight. He’s had a solid defensive game plan. The offense has been getting open shots. I guess they could do more to get Booker open. I don’t even have a problem with Paul’s minutes. When has Payne ever played 35+ minutes?

crowder is shooting like crap but that’s why he was available. He shoots like crap sometimes.
Are you serious???

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Eh, I think there’s a difference between being caught in the headlights and stunned and playing poorly due to inexperience and being scared. The former can be remedied with familiarity and growth. The latter is much more difficult to overcome.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m so ticked at Monty. Jevon has had a killer last month and he can’t sniff the floor with a hobbled Chris Paul and an ineffective Devin Booker? And with Dennis Schroeder just running all over them?

I am going to say it again. I don't get why he isn't using the same rotation that got us here. Plus, did you notice that once the Lakers stop double teaming that is was forcing the Suns to try and score over the top?

Where the hell was the adjustment by Monty?!?!?