Suns @ Lakers Thursday Playoff game thread 5-27-2021 - Game 3

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
If Bridges keeps playing like he has, maybe he gives us a discount in the off-season? lol

Only down 2-1 but this is turning out to be an ugly end to the season.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I have to blame Monty more than anyone for where we are so far. Too slow and too stubborn to make adjustments. And a milqetoast approach when team has adversity.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a great leader. Has a lot to learn. Hasn’t had a lot of good role models.
Agree. Obviously a terrible night shooting, but even when they were still maybe sorta in it, he looked completely disinterested in trying to put the game in his hands.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope to see a better game 4. We had a shot but we played terribly. Missing Paul is a big deal.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to blame Monty more than anyone for where we are so far. Too slow and too stubborn to make adjustments. And a milqetoast approach when team has adversity.

A lot of this. Too late to play Craig and give Moore a chance off the bench.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree. Obviously a terrible night shooting, but even when they were still maybe sorta in it, he looked completely disinterested in trying to put the game in his hands.
I will add that the ejection is somewhat eyerolling considering this series already features an obvious nut shot.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
now I’m a wuss? Ok alright guy

I literally just answered your questions. I know what your doing and it’s funny as hell.
No, you’re tactic was a bailout. Won’t answer the question so you deflect by claiming I’m happy we lost. What freaking fan is happy their team lost? None. So yeah, you lamed out. And no, you haven’t answered. Just bc you say you did, doesn’t mean you did. But I seem to recall this is your M.O. make a big statement and then don’t stand behind it.

forget about everything else we’ve typed.

I want to be clear on your position. Let’s start here: Did you not state that we can’t chalk up the young guy’s performances to lack of experience bc instead it’s really them showing a lack of toughness. I believe you used the phrase “they show you who they are” or something of the like. I don’t want to put words in your mouth. That’s your position, right?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ehhh just not feeling bong hit now what a horrible show...

If suns dont get next gm it's over ugh ugh

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, you’re tactic was a bailout. Won’t answer the question so you deflect by claiming I’m happy we lost. What freaking fan is happy their team lost? None. So yeah, you lamed out. And no, you haven’t answered. Just bc you say you did, doesn’t mean you did. But I seem to recall this is your M.O. make a big statement and then don’t stand behind it.

I want to be clear on your position. Let’s start here: Did you not state that we can’t chalk up the young guy’s performances to lack of experience bc instead it’s really them showing a lack of toughness. I believe you used the phrase “they show you who they are” or something of the like. I don’t want to put words in your mouth. That’s your position, right?

some people can literally NEVER admit they were wrong and when it’s obvious, they’ll just attack instead of just saying “yeah... you were right.”

it’s pointless having conversations with those people.

Man, the end of this season sucks and is what I was afraid of. Do I think we’d have a much better shot with Paul? A definite YES. But seeing how our young guys have completely unraveled the last two games, I still think we would likely lose the series.

we wouldn’t have gotten curb stomped like I was saying, but I think we’re seeing our inexperienced just on FULL display.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There were way too many weak foul calls in the second half. The Suns defense has been solid otherwise.

also Lebron looks done.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I literally just named you Mikal Bridges

oh I would 100% give up Bridges in a trade if he’s our most valuable chess piece. Couple factors play into that 1 we need to make a decision on paying him and 2 the way he’s just gone ghost not only on offense but defense

I think we clearly need another perimeter player who can get his own shot and we can’t depend on a soon to be 38 Chris Paul.

right there page 44 idk what you want lol

I am clearly doing cartwheels in your head something bout me just bugs the hell out of you. This is borderline stalker. Tomorrow morning go back and look at this

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It’s probably time to have carter guard Schroeder.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
The only positive I can take from this series is that ayton showed up. I've been saying it at the end of the year each year but I don't think Booker can take this team far, he's not that type of player. Ayton is the one you build around, he's not the franchise guy putting the team on his back player but he's a player that would fit with anyone and you can rely on to be a factor. You now need to find that alpha to compliment him

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
some people can literally NEVER admit they were wrong and when it’s obvious, they’ll just attack instead of just saying “yeah... you were right.”

Man, the end of this season sucks and is what I was afraid of. Do I think we’d have a much better shot with Paul? A definite YES. But seeing how our young guys have completely unraveled the last two games, I still think we would likely lose the series.

we wouldn’t have gotten curb stomped like I was saying, but I think we’re seeing our inexperienced just on FULL display.

I know you really need to have a talk with your brother.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul has hit clutch shots all season. Without him carrying them during crucial stretches the Suns offense goes South in a hurry.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I’m not even trying to get him to admit he’s wrong. I’m trying to get him to clarify his position. He said the young guys were soft and we need to do more than just get another big and we need another perimeter scorer. At least, that’s what I think he said. And he’s willing to ship out bridges to do so. So am I correct that he thinks Bridges is soft instead of inexperienced? Cam Johnson played poorly too. So did book. Are they both soft? I mean if those are his positions I disagree with him, but I don’t know if those are his positions bc he won’t clarify his position.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I literally just named you Mikal Bridges

right there page 44 idk what you want lol

I am clearly doing cartwheels in your head something bout me just bugs the hell out of you. This is borderline stalker. Tomorrow morning go back and look at this
There you go again with the distraction ploy. Lol. So funny and predictable. So Bridges is the only one you were talking about when you said “they are who they show you they are” meaning soft. Got it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave