Suns @ Lakers Thursday game thread, 10-26-2023

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do have a feeling that if this were the playoffs, we'd see both Beal and Book on the court now.
Hopefully, this is out of abundance of caution to ensure a long healthy run verses playing with injuries that will just linger.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hoping KD doesn't try to go out and win this by himself. Let some of the role players step up.

I thought the PHNX broadcast brought up a decent point about KD in game 1 and that is that him and Book occupy a lot of the same spots on offense and that can affect KD's efficiency. Of course that is something that needs to get worked on, but shouldn't be a problem tonight with Book sitting out.

I'm concerned about minutes. Book and KD both had 37 minutes in the first game. Now without Book, i'm sure KD plays about the same.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I'm concerned about minutes. Book and KD both had 37 minutes in the first game. Now without Book, i'm sure KD plays about the same.
Vogel needs to be willing to lean on the bench a bit more, especially in the regular season. How can we rely on them in the post season if we aren't relying on them in regular season.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I would like to see Goodwin and Gordon start in the backcourt tonight, Allen seems to do better coming off the bench.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a terrible way to start the season. wtf
None of us should really be surprised. As SUPER JACKED as I was about both the KD and Beal trades, both carried A TON of risk because of injuries.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have a feeling this is very much precautionary and trying to put them in the floor in the home opener. The Lakers aren’t all that if they aren’t hitting a ton of outside shots, so just D them up and make em earn it. KD, Nurk and the bench just need to man up. It’s only game 2 so not a huge game but will be nice for guys to get minutes as well. Diop, Metu, others could see some minutes and that’s not a bad thing, see what you have in some of these guys in real game minutes!

SL Card

Veteran
Reaction score
Vogel needs to be willing to lean on the bench a bit more, especially in the regular season. How can we rely on them in the post season if we aren't relying on them in regular season

Damn right 95! Beale and KD are walking, living tissue paper, as fragile as Popovic's cripples.

Every man on the bench was the best player on his team from JV on and can play, especially vs a tiring front line of the opposition.

Team basketball is a must for a good 2nd unit, so get 'em out there as much as possible. Don't sub them in one at a time. Go 3 or 4 all season!

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
oh crap... an MRI tweet always puts a burr in my britches!
Me too. My only solace is that if they thought it was serious one would think Book would have flown back to the valley after the Golden State game.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Me too. My only solace is that if they thought it was serious one would think Book would have flown back to the valley after the Golden State game.
True. If the team even had an inkling that it was bad they would have done an MRI in Cali or had him go home immediately.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Devin Booker reportedly tweaked his ankle near the end of the Warriors game.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
More on the injuries to Beal and Booker from Frank Vogel.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Here are the Suns starters.

Staff online