Suns @ Lakers Thursday game thread, 10-26-2023

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns play the second game of the season again in California, this time against the Lakers on Thursday.

Afterward, they return home for three games, starting with the Jazz on Saturday. They also play the Spurs next Tuesday and Thursday.

When: Thursday, October 26, 2023

Television: TNT

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 7 PM Arizona time

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really wish I felt more confident about this game.

Having watched most of the Laker game, they will beat us if we play like we did against GS and they play like they did against Denver.

That said, I am really hoping our first game performance was a fluke.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Having watched most of the Laker game, they will beat us if we play like we did against GS and they play like they did against Denver.

Even if Beal isn't back, we'll still have one guy who didn't play in that earlier Laker game. If you don't think Book would make a difference in the performance, I don't know what to tell you.

The Lakers getting handled by the Nuggets and us beating them without Beal and Book doesn't make me that scared about the game tomorrow.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think expectations for this team should be tempered early in the season. We made WHOLESALE changes, throughout the entire roster and Coaching staff. It’s going to take a bit for this team to find its stride, especially if Beal is out.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even if Beal isn't back, we'll still have one guy who didn't play in that earlier Laker game. If you don't think Book would make a difference in the performance, I don't know what to tell you.

The Lakers getting handled by the Nuggets and us beating them without Beal and Book doesn't make me that scared about the game tomorrow.
I still think we will win.

It's just I expected us to dominate against GS and win easily.

The fact we played like garbage and the Lakers didn't just has me rethinking things.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns are still trying to shift into second gear after walking away with a gritty win at the Warriors.

They are a much better shooting team than they showed and the defense should always be there.

We shouldn't stress so much about these early season games. It's a marathon.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I still think we will win.

It's just I expected us to dominate against GS and win easily.

The fact we played like garbage and the Lakers didn't just has me rethinking things.
Just curious, what made you think we would dominate against Golden State, even though they were without Draymond and we were without Beal? GS may not be as good as us on paper, but they are still a Western Conference contender. We didn't play well except in the 2nd and 4th quarters, and we still ended up winning. I'd say that says a lot about the quality of our team.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just curious, what made you think we would dominate against Golden State, even though they were without Draymond and we were without Beal? GS may not be as good as us on paper, but they are still a Western Conference contender. We didn't play well except in the 2nd and 4th quarters, and we still ended up winning. I'd say that says a lot about the quality of our team.
Primarily the way we were playing in preseason whenever the big 3 played.

That and I really don't respect GS very much. They couldn't even beat the sorry lakers in the playoffs last year.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Primarily the way we were playing in preseason whenever the big 3 played.

That and I really don't respect GS very much. They couldn't even beat the sorry lakers in the playoffs last year.
The big 3 only played together twice--the Pistons game and one of the Blazers games.

But the big 3 includes Beal, so I'm wondering how you compare the team when they had the big 3 when the big 3 didn't play against the Warriors.

Then again, if you don't respect GS, then that makes sense why you'd feel that way. I'm of the mind that any team with Steph Curry can't be written off.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The big 3 only played together twice--the Pistons game and one of the Blazers games.

But the big 3 includes Beal, so I'm wondering how you compare the team when they had the big 3 when the big 3 didn't play against the Warriors.

Then again, if you don't respect GS, then that makes sense why you'd feel that way. I'm of the mind that any team with Steph Curry can't be written off.
Well sure, but there is only one of Steph. CP3 and Klay are actually going to be negatives more nights than not at this points in their career.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Way more excited about this game than Golden State.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to remain optimistic about these injuries, but it's getting harder.

It could also be the new look of load management.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It's not official, but I did just hear on the internets that Beal AND Book are both Doubtful for tomorrow night. :(

Can't remember how to post damn "X" tweets, but Gerald Bourguet is source.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
The Suns aren't stupid and know they have injury prone players. My guess is they're going to be extremely careful all year with letting guys sit for any form of ailment, even if, in most cases, they would be fine to play.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oy.

Man, if we become the new LA Clippers, that’s gonna be a rough road to ride all season.
Hope we can finish with at least a top 4 seed and that at least 2 out of the big 3 are healthy for the playoffs. :)

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The Suns aren't stupid and know they have injury prone players. My guess is they're going to be extremely careful all year with letting guys sit for any form of ailment, even if, in most cases, they would be fine to play.
Which would be in part stupid because it's very hard to formulate chemistry when they simply don't play all that many games together.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Can't remember how to post damn "X" tweets, but Gerald Bourguet is source.
Copy the tweet and then paste it here. Then change the “x.com” to “Twitter.com”. Not sure if there is another way, but that is how I do it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson