Suns @ Lakers Thursday game thread, 10-26-2023

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't care until playoffs! If everyone is ready to go at playoffs then it's all good. I also think the Suns are being VERY careful.
I mean I understand the sentiment, but they need some time playing with each other to be ready to play in the playoffs. Not to mention I would like to watch them in the regular season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean I understand the sentiment, but they need some time playing with each other to be ready to play in the playoffs. Not to mention I would like to watch them in the regular season.

Hopefully the Suns are being precautionary before they wade into deeper water. There is no need to risk a long-lasting injury.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
They were both "doubtful" yesterday, has that changed?
If Beal was almost ready to go in Golden State he might be ready tonight

If Book was almost unable to go in Golden State he may have aggravated the toe during that game

I haven't heard anything but that's my logic

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Beal was almost ready to go in Golden State he might be ready tonight

If Book was almost unable to go in Golden State he may have aggravated the toe during that game

I haven't heard anything but that's my logic

The thing is, both Booker and Beal were listed as "questionable" for the Warriors.

Now they are both listed as "doubtful" which a downgrade of their condition.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lets goooo suns vs dreaded lakers

Hopin to see big gms by book kd and gordon off bench

Any timeline on beal ret? Saw he didnt play 1st gm...

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score
Please, please don't have KD try to do too much and get injured. Not worth it. Still, Suns bench looked much, much better than Lakers bench in preseason, so who knows? Saw some articles that said Lakers bench better, but laughed at that one. Agree with Gerald, Time for Allen and Gordon and Yuta and Goodwin to shine.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The thing is, both Booker and Beal were listed as "questionable" for the Warriors.

Now they are both listed as "doubtful" which a downgrade of their condition.

I really think Beal is more serious than they're leading on, despite vids of him shooting around.

Book wasn't going to miss the season opener. Second game, toe's probably sore and more precautionary than necessary i hope.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Keep in mind the new qualification guidelines for end of year rewards. I think if guys are sitting out, there are some serious issues. That's unfortunate.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind the new qualification guidelines for end of year rewards. I think if guys are sitting out, there are some serious issues. That's unfortunate.
Oh man… I didn’t even think about that part of it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker and Bradley Beal are OUT.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I think the "big 3" give a crap about Awards, they after the ship.
They certainly would like to have both. A lot of NBA contracts also have performance incentives built in for getting certain awards and accolades.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They certainly would like to have both. A lot of NBA contracts also have performance incentives built in for getting certain awards and accolades.

Booker is maxed out i believe, for now. And then KD and Beal, I would rather trade than super max them if they become eligible.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Could be that there is a genuine want for them all to play at the home opener on Saturday. If this extra game gives them a few more days to heal, then so be it. Rather it be now than late in the year I guess.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Hoping KD doesn't try to go out and win this by himself. Let some of the role players step up.

I thought the PHNX broadcast brought up a decent point about KD in game 1 and that is that him and Book occupy a lot of the same spots on offense and that can affect KD's efficiency. Of course that is something that needs to get worked on, but shouldn't be a problem tonight with Book sitting out.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Not gonna sugarcoat it - Nurk may match okay against Jokic and even better against Ayton but AD had Nurk's number in the preseason match up - the quickness combined with the aggressiveness was just too much

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have a chance, this is basically the same lineup we played against the Lakers in the preseason, and it was pretty much a draw.

That said, Lakers are the more likely team to win.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh boy. Way to start out the season. That's the first two games without your starting lineup. I really hope this is a fluke or this is going to be a long season.