Suns @ Lakers Friday game thread 10-22-2021

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have brought up exactly why I feel this way. He did show his value. Some people do see that. Yet he was not rewarded for that play. Others who have put up stats, with less play off success, were rewarded.

lit was the first time we EVER saw that consistently for a couple months though.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
lit was the first time we EVER saw that consistently for a couple months though.
I don't see that any different as many of the veterans in this league who cruise through the regular season, then elevate their play in the play offs. Kind of a double standard going on. So far I see Ayton playing how he played in the regular season last season. The Suns have indicated they want to see more. Ayton's camp is saying 5 year max or no deal. So far I see this heading to the same point again.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't see that any different as many of the veterans in this league who cruise through the regular season, then elevate their play in the play offs. Kind of a double standard going on. So far I see Ayton playing how he played in the regular season last season. The Suns have indicated they want to see more. Ayton's camp is saying 5 year max or no deal. So far I see this heading to the same point again.
Bottom line is the Ayton we saw yesterday and for most of his career, is not worth a 5-year max. You don’t pay a max contract to a player based on 15 games when his other 180 are so average.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Bottom line is the Ayton we saw yesterday and for most of his career, is not worth a 5-year max. You don’t pay a max contract to a player based on 15 games when his other 180 are so average.
I know. But I don't see his side giving in. A prideful guy would move on rather than settling.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
One thing not discussed about last night's game, LA can't blame injuries on why they lost, like they did in the playoffs!! A full strength squad went down!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's not that he's just a little inconsistent, it's that he's only really shown max level play in maybe 25 games total in his career and that's generously giving him credit for 10 great games in the postseason. Forget where he was drafted and IMO you have a solid player that can occasionally (infrequently) dominate that would likely earn 15 to 20 mil or so on the market.

Sure, we know how young he is and we see those glimpses of incredible play and think he could move from solid to dominant but without Paul to create those opportunities, that's a real long shot.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing not discussed about last night's game, LA can't blame injuries on why they lost, like they did in the playoffs!! A full strength squad went down!

You wish, I already heard someone rattle off the names of a half dozen missing players for LA. They were scrubs but apparently LA is much better when they play their 9 to 15 guys.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

But that’s the thing. He hasn’t been “average” guys here talk like we drafted Micheal Bennet. Like we drafted some bust.

Last we dominated points in the paint . Why? One huge reason is Ayton he’s the key to our defense held Anthony Davis in check while grabbing 15 rebounds

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Did you listen to the telecast? They legit brought up the Lakers missing THT, Nunn and Ariza

Trevor Freaking Ariza!!!!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You wish, I already heard someone rattle off the names of a half dozen missing players for LA. They were scrubs but apparently LA is much better when they play their 9 to 15 guys.

Yeah, the announcers kept emphasizing who was missing for the Lakers.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
But that’s the thing. He hasn’t been “average” guys here talk like we drafted Micheal Bennet. Like we drafted some bust.

Last we dominated points in the paint . Why? One huge reason is Ayton he’s the key to our defense held Anthony Davis in check while grabbing 15 rebounds
Who is Michael Bennett? And stop changing the argument. Bringing up one game that he ad against AD in 3 years doesn’t exactly support your argument much.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He's not a bust but you can like a player without believing he's great. Most of us like him but there's no denying his flaws and the fact that they are so easily correctable by the player himself makes for a lot of frustration.

We need DA and we'll probably have to give him the max but not because he's actually earned it. And we'll probably complain every year afterwards about him being overpaid. It's not that big of a deal unless DA really does quit after he gets that big payday which is unlikely.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who is Michael Bennett? And stop changing the argument. Bringing up one game that he ad against AD in 3 years doesn’t exactly support your argument much.

You know damn well I meant Anthony Bennet. How am I changing the argument what are you talking about dude. The talk was last night he showed why he’s not a max guy then I replied no last night he was actually pretty good, but if that’s moving the argument whatever

My bad I don’t want you to take my text as aggression

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
You know damn well I meant Anthony Bennet. How am I changing the argument what are you talking about dude. The talk was last night he showed why he’s not a max guy then I replied no last night he was actually pretty good, but if that’s moving the argument whatever

My bad I don’t want you to take my text as aggression
Your problem is that you equate “not worth the max” meaning the same thing as “he sucks.”

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Your problem is that you equate “not worth the max” meaning the same thing as “he sucks.”

No YOU just called him “average” do you know what average means? Because he’s def not an average NBA player.

You see where this is going? You are saying he’s an NBA journeyman. YOU are saying he sucks unless you don’t know what average means. In that case then I’m sorry

You can’t seem to understand the max doesn’t equate to talent it’s a reflection of the market.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
No YOU just called him “average” do you know what average means? Because he’s def not an average NBA player.

You see where this is going? You are saying he’s an NBA journeyman. YOU are saying he sucks unless you don’t know what average means. In that case then I’m sorry

You can’t seem to understand the max doesn’t equate to talent it’s a reflection of the market.
I didn’t call him an average player. I said a majority of his games were average. Nobody thinks he’s an average player—that’s the problem. We KNOW he’s not an average player but if he doesn’t show it then why do you pay him the max?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Average

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn’t call him an average player. I said a majority of his games were average. Nobody thinks he’s an average player—that’s the problem. We KNOW he’s not an average player but if he doesn’t show it then why do you pay him the max?

You said he’s played 15 good games and played average for 180 games. What would you call that then?

You want me to quote where you said stats don’t tell the whole story to? Defense matters.

Offense gets the glory but defense wins the game and he’s the anchor of our defense right?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
You said he’s played 15 good games and played average for 180 games. What would you call that then?

You want me to quote where you said stats don’t tell the whole story to? Defense matters.

Offense gets the glory but defense wins the game and he’s the anchor of our defense right?
I’m done with you. You refuse to even bother to understand.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Did you listen to the telecast? They legit brought up the Lakers missing THT, Nunn and Ariza

Trevor Freaking Ariza!!!!
haha, they are missing their "normal guys" too many overhyped and over the hill stars on that team, I don't think I've ever disliked a Lakers team more than this one. I hope they start 0-10 or worse.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Lol. The next time that works for Ayton will be the first. He’s a terrible ball handler. And by terrible I mean maybe the worst ballhandler in the arena (fans included) on any given night.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You have brought up exactly why I feel this way. He did show his value. Some people do see that. Yet he was not rewarded for that play. Others who have put up stats, with less play off success, were rewarded.
You don’t give the most money possible to a guy who only tries hard for what, 20 games. The more he proves his unworthiness for the max this young season the more I trust James jones.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose