Suns @ Lakers Friday game thread 10-22-2021

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Bottom line is the Ayton we saw yesterday and for most of his career, is not worth a 5-year max. You don’t pay a max contract to a player based on 15 games when his other 180 are so average.
Tonight (Portland game) he was the worst player on the court in both ends of the floor. Just putrid.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
But that’s the thing. He hasn’t been “average” guys here talk like we drafted Micheal Bennet. Like we drafted some bust.

Last we dominated points in the paint . Why? One huge reason is Ayton he’s the key to our defense held Anthony Davis in check while grabbing 15 rebounds
I’d be curious to see his defensive usage rate on Davis bc most of the game Ayton was covering the corpses of Jordan and Howard and cam and crowder were covering Davis.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No YOU just called him “average” do you know what average means? Because he’s def not an average NBA player.

You see where this is going? You are saying he’s an NBA journeyman. YOU are saying he sucks unless you don’t know what average means. In that case then I’m sorry

You can’t seem to understand the max doesn’t equate to talent it’s a reflection of the market.
Eh “average” doesn’t mean “journeyman” - that’s you trying to make a circle fit a square peg to make an argument. Average means average. That said, Ayton is clearly above average with the ability to be much more but without the heart.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it is worth, Cam Payne says he wasn't even talking to Lebron during the game.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cam should have said "who"? Lebron? Didn't he used to play basketball?