Suns @ Lakers Friday game thread 10-22-2021

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Friday the Suns visit the Lakers at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

This will be the first of two tough back-to-back road games as they play at the Trail Blazers on Saturday.

The Lakers lost to the Warriors at home 121-114 on Tuesday.

Game time is scheduled for 7 p.m. Arizona time.

The game will be televised on ESPN.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Landry Shamet is listed as probable with right foot soreness.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just a guess but Bazemore goes off tomorrow.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns need to come out with a great game after that opener. Nobody will care about that game if they take it to the Lakers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns need to come out with a great game after that opener. Nobody will care about that game if they take it to the Lakers.

A bit off topic but the Heat clobbered the Bucks in their home opener 137-95.

Weird things can happen early in the season.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Tough first two games for us. Both teams heavily motivated to win after losing to us in the playoffs.

iceman25

Reaction score
A bit off topic but the Heat clobbered the Bucks in their home opener 137-95.

Weird things can happen early in the season.
That was the weirdest game to see. I know Holiday was out, but to get blown out like they did was odd. Was there something else I missed there why the Bucks were so bad?

iceman25

Reaction score
For sure. That 2nd half vs the Nuggets was frustrating to watch. Really looked like the Suns just gave up for some reason. Shots weren't even close

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll say it again, the first two weeks of the season are always weird as teams fully get their legs and used to new pieces or pieces lost.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was the weirdest game to see. I know Holiday was out, but to get blown out like they did was odd. Was there something else I missed there why the Bucks were so bad?

I was just following the box score during the game.

No reason the Bucks should have been blown out this bad other than early in the season is a lot like preseason until teams gel and get their wind.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Got to win this game. I think they will.

I hope Monty does not do the substitution patterns the same way he did last game.

iceman25

Reaction score

I hope Monty does not do the substitution patterns the same way he did last game.
The Lakers roster on paper looks extremely intimidating with all those big time names. Then the reason it doesn't look that intimidating is the average age of the team. If they stay healthy, the Lakers are going to be a really good team (if they can all understand that there is only 1 ball and understand their roles)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Back-to-back road games in LA and Portland will be tough under any circumstance.

The Suns defensive rotations were late or not non-existent in their home opener and and of course their shooting was horrible as well. That has to be corrected.

I didn't have a problem with the rotation by itself.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’ll say it again, the first two weeks of the season are always weird as teams fully get their legs and used to new pieces or pieces lost.
But that’s just it, the suns are largely close to intact. Incorporating shamet and McGee isn’t major disruption. If anything we should be in a better position than most to take advantage of the early season disarray.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But that’s just it, the suns are largely close to intact. Incorporating shamet and McGee isn’t major disruption. If anything we should be in a better position than most to take advantage of the early season disarray.

Doesn’t matter. Beginning of seasons are always weird. I remember the Suns 2007 season starting and we went 2-4 and everyone (definitely including me) was already hanging off the ledge. Then they went on to win their next 29 of 30 games.

I feel like the first week or so of the NBA is like the first game of the season in the NFL. It’s all a feeling out process.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This season is over. We should just try for a good draft pick.