Suns @ Hornets Sunday game thread 3-28-2021

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember the Suns of the past 10 years? Enjoy the UGLY win.

Our first OT win (we needed this).

The Suns are now the best road team in the NBA.

Charlotte was on a 7 game home win streak. They brought it and we survived.

Ill take it.

this is where I’m at.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need to form a search party to find the Suns bench.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mikal Bridges with the total game today.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Three games in a row where the Suns have had trouble scoring in the 4th quarter. Only 14 today in that period.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jesus that was the worst 5 minutes to end a game I’ve seen this year.

just dumb possessions and bad passes all over the place

why was Craig in the game instead of Ayton or Saric? I thought Ayton was playing well tonight
Hahaha was like a mighty ducks movie performance the 1st movie lol choking the lead with few left i knew suns wouldn't make it easy

On my 2nd bong rip but 2nd is to celebrate w lol

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Time to go watch gm highlights on YouTube love doing that after a w!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny thing is we all feel like the Suns are playing like trash... and they’ve won 5 of 6 games. Recently, these games have become maddening, but they’re still winning and that’s all that matters for me this season.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Funny thing is we all feel like the Suns are playing like trash... and they’ve won 5 of 6 games. Recently, these games have become maddening, but they’re still winning and that’s all that matters for me this season.
It’s clear they are in a funk lately. Going 5-1 during a stretch where you’re in a funk is a win my book.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do think we got spoiled by that en fuego streak. They aren’t as good as they looked then, but they’re still winning, a young team piling Ws with some SERIOUS flaws in the roster still.

everything we accomplish thus season is gravy for me. They’ve already met and exceeded expectations. Next year, you’ll prob see the old cheese being much more critical but I’m just enjoying this for what it is... a comeback to respectability after being a laughingstock for close to a decade. I hope/expect us to address the 4 spot in the off-season and make one big run at the title hoping CP3 has gas in the tank for another season. Which might be iffy... he looks like he’s lost a little of his fastball that he had in the hot streak. Or maybe he’s just preserving himself for the stretch run.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Full game failure by the bench except for Craig. This is a troubling trend.

Epic fourth quarter failure by Booker, Paul and the incredible shrinking Ayton.

OT was a miracle win.

still, all in all, even scuffling along we return home 3-1 on an east coast road trip. Difficult to complain about that.

Magnus

Veteran
Reaction score
What is going on with Saric lately? Is he in a rut, or did the other teams figure out his game and adjusted?

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I do think we got spoiled by that en fuego streak. They aren’t as good as they looked then, but they’re still winning, a young team piling Ws with some SERIOUS flaws in the roster still.

everything we accomplish thus season is gravy for me. They’ve already met and exceeded expectations. Next year, you’ll prob see the old cheese being much more critical but I’m just enjoying this for what it is... a comeback to respectability after being a laughingstock for close to a decade. I hope/expect us to address the 4 spot in the off-season and make one big run at the title hoping CP3 has gas in the tank for another season. Which might be iffy... he looks like he’s lost a little of his fastball that he had in the hot streak. Or maybe he’s just preserving himself for the stretch run.
Agree. I was praying for a 35-38 win season this team is WAY overachieving IMO.

Its scary on twitter and youtube everyone is going nuts thinking this is the last chance at a playoff shot and DA needs to be a monster today.
Don't forget who we are. Look at what the front office pulled off. The league has noticed and Phoenix may once again be a basketball city and not just a place old NBA players come to die.

Im enjoying the hell outta this season.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Full game failure by the bench except for Craig. This is a troubling trend.

Epic fourth quarter failure by Booker, Paul and the incredible shrinking Ayton.

OT was a miracle win.

still, all in all, even scuffling along we return home 3-1 on an east coast road trip. Difficult to complain about that.
Come on Ouchie. "Miracle win?" Sure, compared to the last 10 years, it's a win we wouldn't have pulled out had this been another year. But it isn't. Good teams win these types of scrappy games, and that is exactly what we're doing. Is there stuff to work on? Of course. Even our pretty wins have stuff to work on.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's the problem. The Suns are having trouble getting inside aside from Booker and Bridges on drives.

Ayton disappeared offensively down the stretch.

It’s not that he disappeared they completely went away from him. 10 points in the first and didn’t even attempt a shot in the second quarter instead they chose to chuck up bricks from 3.

this team never rides the hot hand

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A game where CP3 was 5-16 and had only one assist, Crowder and Cam shot a combined 0-16 and we win against a hot Hornets team that had won 7 in a row at home... at the end of a four game road trip?

The more I think about getting this win, the better it gets.

we played like CRAP and beat a solid team in their house today. That’s a good W because you not only win but because Monty can also use it as a learning tool to pound into them.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Come on Ouchie. "Miracle win?" Sure, compared to the last 10 years, it's a win we wouldn't have pulled out had this been another year. But it isn't. Good teams win these types of scrappy games, and that is exactly what we're doing. Is there stuff to work on? Of course. Even our pretty wins have stuff to work on.
I say “miracle” more because we didn’t win it, it seemed Charlotte lost it. Maybe “gifted” win is better. We tried to give this one away and Charlotte wouldn’t take it. Still happy to walk away with a w. That’s all that counts.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It’s not that he disappeared they completely went away from him. 10 points in the first and didn’t even attempt a shot in the second quarter instead they chose to chuck up bricks from 3.

this team never rides the hot hand
Down the stretch he certainly did disappear. He panicked in a three foot shot, couldn’t snare an offensive rebound that hit his hands twice and let every player he guarded score on him to end regulation.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I say “miracle” more because we didn’t win it, it seemed Charlotte lost it. Maybe “gifted” win is better. We tried to give this one away and Charlotte wouldn’t take it. Still happy to walk away with a w. That’s all that counts.
You’re right that’s all that counts. But I don’t buy into the other team lost the game and we didn’t win. We won it just like they lost it. They missed some shots, we made a couple shots more than them. They lost because we were better when it mattered.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
A game where CP3 was 5-16 and had only one assist, Crowder and Cam shot a combined 0-16 and we win against a hot Hornets team that had won 7 in a row at home... at the end of a four game road trip?

The more I think about getting this win, the better it gets.

we played like CRAP and beat a solid team in their house today. That’s a good W because you not only win but because Monty can also use it as a learning tool to pound into them.
Yup. This team win pretty or ugly. This road trip felt awful yet we walk away 3-1. I’ll take it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You’re right that’s all that counts. But I don’t buy into the other team lost the game and we didn’t win. We won it just like they lost it. They missed some shots, we made a couple shots more than them. They lost because we were better when it mattered.
Fine. Whatever chap

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Johnson (0) and Jae Crowder (2) were pretty much non-existent on offense today. Nader was out.

Thankfully the Suns had Bridges (13 plus a ton of other contributions) and Torrey Craig (9) to provide some help.

Who would think five small forwards are not enough?

Yeah, I'm counting Crowder as a small forward because that's his game. He went 0-9 from three.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard