Suns @ Heat Monday game thread 11-14-2022

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's certain teams. When Detroit was winning their Championships they literally beat on teams, and the refs refereed to allow them to play that way because they were aggressive. That's BS. It's a problem with the league office not policing their product. Some teams get to foul and get away with it if they are aggressive. The Suns don't get the same respect because we play to get to open spots and shoot instead of purposefully banging into people. The Suns still get fouled, it just doesn't look the same since bodies aren't flying.
I’d also say that the last few years we’ve been allowed a lot more leeway being physical on defense than I can ever recall in my lifetime watching suns games. When you become good defensively you develop a reputation as a good defensive team, which in turn influences refs to give you the benefit of the doubt defensively. Don’t believe me? See a few opposing coaches comments about our physicality on defense post-games last year and this.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d also say that the last few years we’ve been allowed a lot more leeway being physical on defense than I can ever recall in my lifetime watching suns games. When you become good defensively you develop a reputation as a good defensive team, which in turn influences refs to give you the benefit of the doubt defensively. Don’t believe me? See a few opposing coaches comments about our physicality on defense post-games last year and this.

Like right now I’m watching the Celtics and Hawks and I’m just shaking my head at the stuff the Celtics are able to get away with. It’s mind numbing.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave