Suns have 6th pick and 32nd pick in 2019 draft.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I would not at all be opposed to taking Tacko with the 32nd pick. He isn't likely to develop into starter material, but there is a good possibility that he will have more long term impact than the wing project the Suns will likely end up taking and that we don't need or have room to develop.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know I keep seeing 31 on mocks. But the Suns themselves say it's 32. They should know. Not sure why there is confusion since the coin flip seemed like it made news on a slow news day.

It is settled the Suns pick 32nd in the second round from everything I have read.

I found it surprising that Rankin said otherwise.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
jjjj
It is settled the Suns pick 32nd in the second round from everything I have read.

I found it surprising that Rankin said otherwise.
Yes. Every mock has us at 32. Brain fart on Rankin's part.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
A shooting guard who can't shoot? Why?

Not worried about it right now. I think he can be an all around offensive threat eventually and has a good feel for the game. And quite frankly look at the other options it’s not pretty.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Not worried about it right now. I think he can be an all around offensive threat eventually and has a good feel for the game. And quite frankly look at the other options it’s not pretty.

Then I would rather take a flyer at a position of need or on someone with at least one NBA skill.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Absolute no thanks to Bol Bol.

I am thinking one of the two point guards, Cam Reddish or Brandon Clarke. Didn't we have a Clarke at about the same draft position that was an active forward (i.e. no elite skills)? That turned out pretty well, no?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Then I would rather take a flyer at a position of need or on someone with at least one NBA skill.

I think his potential is more than a role player. I get the position thing but looking at guys in that area and think he’ll be the best player. He does things that make you think he has a good feel for the game despite being raw. A guy like Reddish may project to be a better shooter but his assertiveness and feel flat out sucks.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think his potential is more than a role player. I get the position thing but looking at guys in that area and think he’ll be the best player. He does things that make you think he has a good feel for the game despite being raw. A guy like Reddish may project to be a better shooter but his assertiveness and feel flat out sucks.

Perhaps, but Jerrett Culver evokes too many horrid memories of Paul McPherson for my taste. I think his ceiling is Quentin Richardson, and to me that's not good enough of a reward for this past horrid season.

I'd rather go with Garland (who has a Damian Lillard type ceiling), White (who has a Gilbert Arenas or DeAaron Fox type ceiling), Hunter (who has a Thaddeus Young floor) or even Hachimura, Clarke, Bol or Dombouya.

If we had to triple or quadruple up on a shooting guard, I actually prefer Tyler Herro and Nickiel Alexander over Culver.

Culver might very well be my least favorite prospect in this entire draft. Great athlete, poor basketball player.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am a fan of a lot of the power forwards in the draft but they are scheduled to go later like Kabengele and Grant Williams.

If White or Garland can be the PGOTF then I think the Suns should draft one.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I like White of the two. I prefer the bigger PG. I agree we could get a PF later in the draft. I am hoping we get at least one veteran PG, and one veteran PF in the mix. I don't think we have the ammo for a blockbuster or major trade. Probably tinkering around the edges is the best we can hope for.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Perhaps, but Jerrett Culver evokes too many horrid memories of Paul McPherson for my taste. I think his ceiling is Quentin Richardson, and to me that's not good enough of a reward for this past horrid season.

I'd rather go with Garland (who has a Damian Lillard type ceiling), White (who has a Gilbert Arenas or DeAaron Fox type ceiling), Hunter (who has a Thaddeus Young floor) or even Hachimura, Clarke, Bol or Dombouya.

If we had to triple or quadruple up on a shooting guard, I actually prefer Tyler Herro and Nickiel Alexander over Culver.

Culver might very well be my least favorite prospect in this entire draft. Great athlete, poor basketball player.

I’m more opposite on Culver. Really good player but not as good an athlete/frame as I expected. He sucked in the tourney while DeAndre Hunter was excellent in the title game. Hunter didn’t get measured but he looks 6-7/6-8 and can hit 3’s. Might be good with Ayton.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I like White of the two. I prefer the bigger PG. I agree we could get a PF later in the draft. I am hoping we get at least one veteran PG, and one veteran PF in the mix. I don't think we have the ammo for a blockbuster or major trade. Probably tinkering around the edges is the best we can hope for.

I would definitely take White over Garland but don’t feel great about it. I don’t like the Hibachi comps because Arenas had lightening quick feet. White has okay foot speed but seems to be solid at everything but not special.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Absolute no thanks to Bol Bol.

I am thinking one of the two point guards, Cam Reddish or Brandon Clarke. Didn't we have a Clarke at about the same draft position that was an active forward (i.e. no elite skills)? That turned out pretty well, no?
You mean Earl Clark?

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I would definitely take White over Garland but don’t feel great about it. I don’t like the Hibachi comps because Arenas had lightening quick feet. White has okay foot speed but seems to be solid at everything but not special.
I see him as a long striding Harden. With not as swervy moves. Basically the highlights I watched he shot NBA length three's or drove to the hoop and got the defender to foul him. The knock is defense. That HAS to improve as a big PG. Because during Igor, we would switch Ayton onto a guard and have that guard try and guard a big, having size at the PG is a BIG plus if that defensive pattern continues. I can see where Booker could throw out a last second pass to White and with his range and size he could get a shot up for us. Sometimes our smaller guards are unable to do this.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Drafting White over one of the PF's that have been rumored around our pick seems like we'd be planning on making PF our free agent priority, which I'd be fine with. I know the idea of White with Tyler Johnson and Melton backing him up isn't ideal but if we can land a PF like Randle then I'd be ok with that, looking to deal Warren for PG depth or signing a PG on the cheap. I'd rather spend big on a PF than PG based on who is available. I like White over Garland because of his size and White seems to be a more willing passer than Garland, who I believe is more of a score first PG like Marbury was.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Drafting White over one of the PF's that have been rumored around our pick seems like we'd be planning on making PF our free agent priority, which I'd be fine with. I know the idea of White with Tyler Johnson and Melton backing him up isn't ideal but if we can land a PF like Randle then I'd be ok with that, looking to deal Warren for PG depth or signing a PG on the cheap. I'd rather spend big on a PF than PG based on who is available. I like White over Garland because of his size and White seems to be a more willing passer than Garland, who I believe is more of a score first PG like Marbury was.
I have been reading we have interest in Randle. Which I think most guys on the board would like. None of the articles I read indicate if the feeling is mutual from Randle.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'm guessing Leclerc was referencing Marion, though I can't tell if your response was meant to be a joke/sarcastic.
I don't think he meant it sarcastic. We had Clark, who didn't do much with us, but has gone on to be a serviceable NBA player.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson