Suns have 6th pick and 32nd pick in 2019 draft.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are some players that the Suns have worked out for the 32nd pick.

Evan Sidery‏ @esidery

Here are prospects who met with the Suns in Chicago, and will be available around their range at No. 32: • Grant Williams - Tennessee • Eric Paschall - Villanova • Dylan Windler - Belmont • Kyle Guy - Virginia All were team captains who could optimally stretch the floor.

8:55 AM - 20 May 2019

Kyle Guy may be one of the best shooters in the draft. He can play some point guard but his calling card is shooting.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Below is link to a write-up about Kyle Guy:

CHICAGO — Kyle Guy doesn’t just think he’s the best shooter in this year’s NBA draft class.

He knows it.

“In every meeting (with an NBA team), I try to reiterate that I know that I’m the best shooter in the class,” Guy said Thursday at the NBA draft combine.

The Suns have met with Guy, who shot 42.6% from 3-point range (120-of-282) and helped Virginia win a national championship. Phoenix finished last in the league last season in 3-point shooting percentage at 32.9%.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ias-kyle-guy-suns-nba-draft-radar/3707686002/

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score

Evan Sidery‏ @esidery

Here are prospects who met with the Suns in Chicago, and will be available around their range at No. 32: • Grant Williams - Tennessee • Eric Paschall - Villanova • Dylan Windler - Belmont • Kyle Guy - Virginia All were team captains who could optimally stretch the floor.

Kyle Guy may be one of the best shooters in the draft. He can play some point guard but his calling card is shooting.
I will say, free agent PG+ Garland/white+Kyle Guy is 1000X better then Crawford Melton and okobo

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will say, free agent PG+ Garland/white+Kyle Guy is 1000X better then Crawford Melton and okobo

You are close to right except Crawford was mostly a mentor for the Suns younger players. Everything else he provided was gravy.

Melton and Okobo were rookies. The Suns expected too much of them.

The Suns do need to add a veteran starter at point guard and perhaps a point guard in waiting like Garland or White.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Evan Sidery‏ @esidery

I like Grant Williams and Eric Paschall as a banger off the bench (though my preference between the two would be Williams, even though Paschall has more size) and Guy as a back-up point who can shoot. Windler can also shoot, but we have too many wings as it is.

Williams can be a Paul Millsap type in the NBA, in my opinion.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Grant Williams and Eric Paschall as a banger off the bench (though my preference between the two would be Williams, even though Paschall has more size) and Guy as a back-up point who can shoot. Windler can also shoot, but we have too many wings as it is.

Williams can be a Paul Millsap type in the NBA, in my opinion.

I'm going to need to study these players. At first glance some of them appear to be a bit shorter than I would like but so was Millsap.

Grant Williams is projected to go #23 by Tankathon.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Herro's game really does look similar to Booker's.

He could easily be this years mid round gem.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Fall's 7-foot-7 measurement in shoes, 8-foot-2 1/4 wingspan and 10-foot-2 1/2 standing reach all set combine records. By all accounts, Fall performed well in combine scrimmages. And Fall wasn't originally invited to the combine, only earning an invite after impressing in the G League Elite Camp.

blob:https://twitter.com/5f6fec06-d77b-43a0-b9eb-15b5efa6d31c

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fall's 7-foot-7 measurement in shoes, 8-foot-2 1/4 wingspan and 10-foot-2 1/2 standing reach all set combine records. By all accounts, Fall performed well in combine scrimmages. And Fall wasn't originally invited to the combine, only earning an invite after impressing in the G League Elite Camp.

blob:https://twitter.com/5f6fec06-d77b-43a0-b9eb-15b5efa6d31c
He is supposedly a very intelligent kid-- and very well-liked by classmates throughout high school and college. I have no real thoughts about drafting him, but he is one of the interesting stories to watch in this draft.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
He is supposedly a very intelligent kid-- and very well-liked by classmates throughout high school and college. I have no real thoughts about drafting him, but he is one of the interesting stories to watch in this draft.
Too high for 6th pick. If he's there at 32, and worst case develops into a back up center for 15 years on your team, that's a great pick at 32. I think someone will take a flyer on him maybe late first round. I just think a guy named Tacko in AZ would be marketing gold!

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Too high for 6th pick. If he's there at 32, and worst case develops into a back up center for 15 years on your team, that's a great pick at 32. I think someone will take a flyer on him maybe late first round. I just think a guy named Tacko in AZ would be marketing gold!
If you want marketing they should draft hachimura from Gonzaga, sun's could claim the Japanese market

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If you want marketing they should draft hachimura from Gonzaga, sun's could claim the Japanese market
I don’t know if you’re being tongue in cheek, but (a) Japan isn’t exactly a basketball market like China; and (b) the Japanese market isn’t all that large in the grand scheme of things.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I don’t know if you’re being tongue in cheek, but (a) Japan isn’t exactly a basketball market like China; and (b) the Japanese market isn’t all that large in the grand scheme of things.
I was ha, to be far they do support their national players though, I go all the time and am actually moving to Tokyo in September , basketball isn't the most popular but I already know alot of people who are gonna buy his jersey and there's alot of talk about him joining the NBA there

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I was ha, to be far they do support their national players though, I go all the time and am actually moving to Tokyo in September , basketball isn't the most popular but I already know alot of people who are gonna buy his jersey and there's alot of talk about him joining the NBA there
Interesting. And exciting move! Good luck.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Thanks , of course it'll be harder to watch sun's games since they will be at like 11 am while I'm at work
I have Sony Vue, I DVR all the games. It has unlimited DVR space. It works over the internet, so you should be able to get it in Japan.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was already settled that the Suns pick 32nd in the second round because the Cavaliers won the tie breaker in the first round and would draft no worse than #5.

They both finished tied in the regular season standings.

Duane Rankin writes this:

The Knicks had the NBA’s worst record while the Cavaliers and Suns tied for the second-worst, but Cleveland won the blind draw to break the tie and will have the second pick in the second round ahead of the Suns, who will pick third.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...erbilt-point-guard-darius-garland/3768164002/

Item number 12 at bottom of the Tankathon page seems to clarify this:

12 Second round ties are in reverse order of the teams' first round picks

http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I thought it was already settled that the Suns pick 32nd in the second round because the Cavaliers won the tie breaker in the first round and would draft no worse than #5.

They both finished tied in the regular season standings.

Duane Rankin writes this:

The Knicks had the NBA’s worst record while the Cavaliers and Suns tied for the second-worst, but Cleveland won the blind draw to break the tie and will have the second pick in the second round ahead of the Suns, who will pick third.

Item number 12 at bottom of the Tankathon page seems to clarify this:

12 Second round ties are in reverse order of the teams' first round picks

http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds
The Suns own two overall selections in the 2019 NBA Draft; in addition to the No. 6 overall pick, the Suns also possess the No. 32 pick, as confirmed by the results of the Lottery tonight. The 2019 NBA Draft will be held on Thursday, June 20, at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

https://www.nba.com/suns/press-release/suns-land-sixth-overall-pick-2019-nba-draft

Straight from Suns.com, we have the 32cnd pick. A lot of mocks do shoe 31, incorrectly.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns own two overall selections in the 2019 NBA Draft; in addition to the No. 6 overall pick, the Suns also possess the No. 32 pick, as confirmed by the results of the Lottery tonight. The 2019 NBA Draft will be held on Thursday, June 20, at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

https://www.nba.com/suns/press-release/suns-land-sixth-overall-pick-2019-nba-draft

Straight from Suns.com, we have the 32cnd pick. A lot of mocks do shoe 31, incorrectly.

Like I said, I thought it was already settled that the Suns pick #32 in the second round although Rankin's comments say otherwise.

There is no question the Suns draft at #6 in the first round per NBA Lottery results.

I was surprised to read his comments about the Suns second round selection.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Outlook: Former Ohio State and Syracuse commit but decided to enter the G League, and then ultimately decided to just sit out the season and train for the NBA … Scored 11 points and grabbed seven rebounds in the McDonald’s All-American Game … Scored 12 points and grabbed nine rebounds (six offensive) in the Jordan Brand Classic … Played in the Nike Hoop Summit … Averaged 15.4 points per game over the Nike EYBL … Averaged 12.3 points per game at the NBPA Top 100 …

Notes: Measured: 6'7.5" in shoes, 6'6" barefoot, 197 lbs, 6'11" wingspan, 8'10.5" standing reach at 2017 USA Basketball October Minicamp ...

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Like I said, I thought it was already settled that the Suns pick #32 in the second round although Rankin's comments say otherwise.

There is no question the Suns draft at #6 in the first round per NBA Lottery results.

I was surprised to read his comments about the Suns second round selection.
I know I keep seeing 31 on mocks. But the Suns themselves say it's 32. They should know. Not sure why there is confusion since the coin flip seemed like it made news on a slow news day.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson