Suns have 6th pick and 32nd pick in 2019 draft.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lonzo can't shoot or dribble.

I'd rather take Garland and deal with Rich Paul then Lonzo and deal with Lavar Ball.

I don't think Rich Paul wants his client to go to the Lakers so they can use him as trade bait for Anthony Davis.

I think Rich Paul would prefer to have as many players on one team as possible. That helped him secure huge deals for the Cavs he represented back when they were extending guys to surround Lebron. Tristan Thompson and JR Smith were overpaid by ridiculous amounts because of the leverage he had there. So getting Garland with Lebron would allow him to bully that team into extending Garland ASAP to get Lebron to resign there. Of course Lebron will be like 38 at that point so who knows what he'll bring in terms of value on the court but he will sell tickets and that matters to owners.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
???

Why should Rich Paul care who they trade for AD? An Anthony Davis trade does not hinge on Darius Garland. Seem more logical to me that the Lakers draft Culver or whoever and trade him to New Orleans.

Unless Rich Paul wants Garland in New Orleans specifically since apparently Zion might sign with Rich Paul too.

You tried to say why he'd care in your last post, or at least that he wouldn't want him used in a trade for Davis. So which is it?

Lonzo can't shoot or dribble.

I'd rather take Garland and deal with Rich Paul then Lonzo and deal with Lavar Ball.

I don't think Rich Paul wants his client to go to the Lakers so they can use him as trade bait for Anthony Davis.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm am so not looking forward to Las Vegas this july for Summer League. I usually make it, but aside from Zion there's really no one I'm excited to see. Now that we will not have Zion, Ja or Barrett it's looking pretty bleak. I wonder if Zion would even do the Vegas summer league.

Last year was great, we had Ayton and Bridges, then with our "core" of young guys like Bender and Jackson. It's been nothing but disappointment in every way with this franchise since then.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I'm am so not looking forward to Las Vegas this july for Summer League. I usually make it, but aside from Zion there's really no one I'm excited to see. Now that we will not have Zion, Ja or Barrett it's looking pretty bleak. I wonder if Zion would even do the Vegas summer league.

Last year was great, we had Ayton and Bridges, then with our "core" of young guys like Bender and Jackson. It's been nothing but disappointment in every way with this franchise since then.

And the you will regret it when Darius Garland scores 30 for the Suns in his summer league debut hitting 5 3pters.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And the you will regret it when Darius Garland scores 30 for the Suns in his summer league debut hitting 5 3pters.

Wow Slin. Seems like you've done a 180 on Garland and are quite high on him now. I don't often see you change your opinions. What happened?

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You are overvaluing Lonzo. The Lakers had to fly to Cleveland and threaten to void his contract to keep him from having a surgery that was deemed unnecessary by the Lakers medical staff. They've had issues with him and his father since he's been drafted and he hasn't produced on the floor, when he's been healthy enough to play. Jackson's value may not be high but Ball's isn't much different.

There were reports that if the Bulls landed top 5, they would send the pick for Ball. Jackson couldn't fetch a mid 1st rder, so I wouldn't say the value is as close.

At this time what could JJ fetch? He has killed his trade value.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I had Garland in my signature all year though, it was just the frustration of dropping to 6th and dropping below the Lakers.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were reports that if the Bulls landed top 5, they would send the pick for Ball. Jackson couldn't fetch a mid 1st rder, so I wouldn't say the value is as close.

Reports by who? I don't buy it. Even if that were the case, we have #6 and you're saying that the #5 from the Bulls for Lonzo is totally plausible but the #6 isn't enough so we have to include Jackson to even out the 1 spot difference? That's absurd. Jackson has value, what that value is can be debated but to think his value is merely a throw in for Lonzo Ball to make up the difference between #5 and #6 is crazy.

If Jackson were in this draft right now I believe he'd be a lottery pick. How deep in the lottery he fell can be debated but he is still a better prospect than a lot of the guys entering the league. We may not get a future 1st for Jackson from a bad team but I'm sure a playoff team would love to add him for the cost of their pick in the late 20's.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Reports by who? I don't buy it. Even if that were the case, we have #6 and you're saying that the #5 from the Bulls for Lonzo is totally plausible but the #6 isn't enough so we have to include Jackson to even out the 1 spot difference? That's absurd. Jackson has value, what that value is can be debated but to think his value is merely a throw in for Lonzo Ball to make up the difference between #5 and #6 is crazy.

If Jackson were in this draft right now I believe he'd be a lottery pick. How deep in the lottery he fell can be debated but he is still a better prospect than a lot of the guys entering the league. We may not get a future 1st for Jackson from a bad team but I'm sure a playoff team would love to add him for the cost of their pick in the late 20's.

He has potential, but he's been statistically one of, if not, the worst player in the league, and his salary is not peanuts.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As it stands now, I like Coby White and put a veteran starter ahead of him.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Tons of reports
https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2019...la-lakers-chicago-bulls-trade-2019-nba-draft/

I am not saying the Suns dont get more than Lonzo, in the trade. But I can see easily see the Suns clearing up the wing log jam. They dont have much money in free agency and JJ is doing stupid crap. I could see them dumping him, your over valuing him, I could see the new people in charge bailing on JJ easily.

Suns need to match Oubre, add a PF and acquire a PG minimally. If there was a trade who do you see as the salary match for Ball, or you see them dumping 7 for Ball straight up. Which Would be eating up the additional salary by Adding ball and cutting into cap space. Suns need a PF,

7, JJ salary and issues for Ball and a role player or future pick, isn't that crazy bro.

I am team Gurland, so hopefully none of this happens, it's all speculation

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does an offer of #6, #32, Milwaukee pick, and Bridges keep Memphis on the phone?

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Does an offer of #6, #32, Milwaukee pick, and Bridges keep Memphis on the phone?
If I was Memphis, I'd do it just for Bridges. Not sure Sarver would OK that move if rumors are true that he was behind us getting Bridges in the first place.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I have a weird feeling AD is staying with the Pelicans. Aside from playing with Lebron, the other rumored beef was AD felt the Pelicans didn't provide a good support staff, which made him want to play with Lebron. Now Zion is coming. I think the Pelicans make a strong effort to keep AD.

That makes Ball in play because then the Lakers try and get Kyrie Irving. Probably even if the get AD, Kyrie is in play for them. Why would they need Ball at that point?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OK. Last year I was singing the praises of Landry Shamet at this time. I see another player like him.

Shamorie Ponds.

Solid all around game. No glaring weaknesses. Good assist to turnover ratio. But one of the best predictors of NBA success historically has been steals. He averaged 2.6 per game. I would be glad to take him at 32, especially if we do not take a pg at 6 (or trade out of 6).

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man i hope this works out but had a hard time zzz last night after lottery just unreal what happened no chance at ja or barret and same crap will probably happen next yr.... just unreal i fing hate the lottery system.

Does know if 2020 draft is any good?

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am having a hard time looking at PFs around the pick at 32. There's a guy from Vanderbilt that is an underwhelming rebounder projected by our pick. Not seeing anyone we can hang our hat on at 32. With our tight cap space, it almost looks like trading both picks in this draft and make trades for a vet PG and PF, use some of our wings and other assets. Maybe looking at a whole new team beyond Booker, Ayton, and possibly Bridges.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trade 6, 30, and TJ Warren to the Grizzlies to make a play for Ja Morant.

I literally had a dream this morning around 4am about us trading down, our pick and Jackson for the #2 spot, then we selected Ja with it.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a weird feeling AD is staying with the Pelicans. Aside from playing with Lebron, the other rumored beef was AD felt the Pelicans didn't provide a good support staff, which made him want to play with Lebron. Now Zion is coming. I think the Pelicans make a strong effort to keep AD.

That makes Ball in play because then the Lakers try and get Kyrie Irving. Probably even if the get AD, Kyrie is in play for them. Why would they need Ball at that point?

We add Ball (i'm not a huge fan of at this point ). Then where does Julius Randle fit into the Pelicans now?

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score

The Suns should not do that.

Afterall Garland could be better than Morant. He certainly looked better than Morant in his freshman year and is a much better shooter.

This might be a case of

Josh Jackson looking excited and flashy.

but in reality a boring prospect like Taurean Prince is the better player.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
May
We add Ball (i'm not a huge fan of at this point ). Then where does Julius Randal fit into the Pelicans now?
I have been seeing rumors Randle might be on the market. Funny, because prior to this draft, the Pelicans were all in on resigning him. How fast things change!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
May

I have been seeing rumors Randle might be on the market. Funny, because prior to this draft, the Pelicans were all in on resigning him. How fast things change!
Can't see keeping Randall with Zion on the roster--even if they trade Davis. What they really need playing alongside Zion is a highly efficient small forward who can shoot the three.

Like TJ.

Sign and trade Randall for Warren. Works for everyone. And Warren gets to be reunited with his buddy Elfrid.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can't see keeping Randall with Zion on the roster--even if they trade Davis. What they really need playing alongside Zion is a highly efficient small forward who can shoot the three.

Like TJ.

Sign and trade Randall for Warren. Works for everyone. And Warren gets to be reunited with his buddy Elfrid.

TJ replaces the Mirotic role too. That's what I was thinking too, i'm not sure how Randles player option works into all of this.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose