Suns Get The 6th Pick

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Well, considering I won the season prediction contest and was right about the point guard position and Igor Kokoskov...
Still trying to figure who all these people are that didn't believe the Suns had a problem at the PG position.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Still trying to figure who all these people are that didn't believe the Suns had a problem at the PG position.

It was shocking. Some on this board even said it wasn't a problem because Igor's system didn't need one that badly and would compensate for lack of a point guard. Turns out, Igor's system made lack of a point guard an even bigger problem, and Igor himself admitted he needed a point guard and couldn't adjust without one.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 guys I think might end up much better than guys picked ahead of them, Romeo Langford and Kevin Porter Jr. Langford needs to improve his outside shot but natural scorer think he was in a tough situation in college the system didn't fit him. Porter terrible coach in college

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Coach Nelson blocked a draft night trade we had done with the Warriors GM for Curry! Damn Don Nelson. LOL!
I remember that well. We were going to give up Amare right before his decline

Imagine Curry as a Suns player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well guess Garland is our guy... he has potential if he can stay healthy

Would cam reddish be possible

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Win 19 games and you pick 6th. This new format is dumb.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Well guess Garland is our guy... he has potential if he can stay healthy

Would cam reddish be possible
Reddish would be the only wing player I would give consideration

This draft looks just so unappealing I think Tyler Herro looks as good as any player outside the top 3.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think White shoots just as good and can get guys involved more. Plus he is 6'5" and strong to boot.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Not as twitchy. Not as strong handles. Has a push shot verses garlands purer stroke. And I’m not a garland fan. Sigh. I hate everyone available to us.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that push shot jumper from White makes me nervous about his shooting at the next level.

I hear you. Not thrilled about his mechanics but he is just as good as a scorer as Garland, a better passer and he is big enough to drive in the paint in the NBA.

Garland has much better mechanics but he is small and has a tiny frame. He isn’t putting on much weight and didn’t play by the rim in college. He is going to struggle even more at the rim in the much taller NBA. Which means all he is going to do on the NBA is jump shoot.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I hear you. Not thrilled about his mechanics but he is just as good as a scorer as garland, a better passer and he is big enough to play in the paint in the NBA.

Garland has much better mechanics but he is small and has a tiny frame. He isn’t putting on much weight and didn’t play by the rim on college. He is going to struggle even more at the rim in the much taller NBA. Which means all he is going to do on the NBA is jump shoot.
Garland's handle will get him pretty much wherever he wants on the floor. Sure he needs to get stronger, but that is a knock on like 90% of college players transitioning to the NBA (especially one and done guys). He'll be right around the same size of Steph when he entered the league and he spent 3 years in college. It is pretty rare to find guys that are elite shooters and ball handlers and when you find them you need to take a chance on them, especially when picking in the area of the draft that we are.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Garland's handle will get him pretty much wherever he wants on the floor. Sure he needs to get stronger, but that is a knock on like 90% of college players transitioning to the NBA (especially one and done guys). He'll be right around the same size of Steph when he entered the league and he spent 3 years in college. It is pretty rare to find guys that are elite shooters and ball handlers and when you find them you need to take a chance on them, especially when picking in the area of the draft that we are.

I get the pluses on Garland but I still lean towards White because he will be the better driver in the paint. Garland will always be a perimeter guy IMO.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Not as twitchy. Not as strong handles. Has a push shot verses garlands purer stroke. And I’m not a garland fan. Sigh. I hate everyone available to us.
Why not trade for a vet PG and take someone like Hunter or one of the Gonzaga PF's? Guess it depends who's on the open market at either PG or PF.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Hunter barely averaged half a steal, half a block and 5 rebounds

I would‘t draft him at 32!

I guess I need to convince myself to fall in love with Reddish

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I get the pluses on Garland but I still lean towards White because he will be the better driver in the paint. Garland will always be a perimeter guy IMO.
The most impactful player in the game is primarily a perimeter guy. That is just where the league is going. If a guy can create a ton of looks from three and make a high percentage of those than he will be incredibly valuable and Garland has the potential to be that kind of guy. Maybe not on Steph's level as you can't expect him to reach that level of shooting, but at a high enough level to be a huge positive impact on offense.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Hunter barely averaged half a steal, half a block and 5 rebounds

I would‘t draft him at 32!

I guess I need to convince myself to fall in love with
Reddish
A "shooter" with poor shooting numbers on a team where he wasn't even close to the focal point of the opposing defense. Yeah I will take a hard pass on Reddish.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
The most impactful player in the game is primarily a perimeter guy. That is just where the league is going. If a guy can create a ton of looks from three and make a high percentage of those than he will be incredibly valuable and Garland has the potential to be that kind of guy. Maybe not on Steph's level as you can't expect him to reach that level of shooting, but at a high enough level to be a huge positive impact on offense.
It isnt really

Scoring near the rim is as important if not more

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hear you. Not thrilled about his mechanics but he is just as good as a scorer as Garland, a better passer and he is big enough to drive in the paint in the NBA.

Garland has much better mechanics but he is small and has a tiny frame. He isn’t putting on much weight and didn’t play by the rim in college. He is going to struggle even more at the rim in the much taller NBA. Which means all he is going to do on the NBA is jump shoot.

Garland played 5 games before getting hurt, his stats are off a small sample size. But he is a very good ball handler shooter, like elite at those two skills, which means he will have no problem getting his shot off.

I don’t think white is particularly good at anything And he is the worse athlete. I see him as a bad starter or bench player in the nba.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose