Suns get lottery pick from Lakers if they miss playoffs

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
League still does not do blood testing and Kobe still knows the number of that shady German doctor. He will probably have a "miraculous" comeback, be playing by December, AND suddenly be significantly stronger all over.

That therapy he did in Germany is not doping, it is a therapy where your own blood is used.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That therapy he did in Germany is not doping, it is a therapy where your own blood is used.
Isn't that what blood doping is? Transfusing your own blood to increase red blood cell count?

Anyway, Kobe's injury, if indeed serious, may come a bit too late to salvage the Suns second lottery pick. Both SA and Houston may rest players against the Lakers and Utah may trip up as well. The Lakers may get swept out of playoffs in the first round, but not before taking that pick away from the Suns. Now if that injury happened a week ago...

Errntknght

Reaction score
I believe the treatment they are talking about is perfectly legitimate. They take like pint of your blood and centrifuge it so they isolate the platelets. Those are then injected near damaged cartilege or ligaments, which do not have an actual blood supply, to help it heal.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am a Suns fan to the end. I hope against hope that the Lakers miss the playoffs so the Suns can grab that lottery pick. However, wishing injury upon one of the greatest players to play the game, well, there is something about that that does not sit right with me. No matter how big a piece of crap you think he is. There's something about it that makes me feel it is a disservice to the game of basketball.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
As much as Phrazbit and I disagree and sometimes would love to find a reason to ban him :) .. wishing ill will on Kobe is not a ban-able offence.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Isn't that what blood doping is? Transfusing your own blood to increase red blood cell count?

Anyway, Kobe's injury, if indeed serious, may come a bit too late to salvage the Suns second lottery pick. Both SA and Houston may rest players against the Lakers and Utah may trip up as well. The Lakers may get swept out of playoffs in the first round, but not before taking that pick away from the Suns. Now if that injury happened a week ago...

I still think without Kobe the Lakers will just fall apart. Well at lease Utah won last night to keep hope alive for the Suns/Lakers pick!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this injury will seriously impact his basketball career but what about his hobby? Will he still be able to overpower and rape young women? Does he have enough money stashed away so he can continue to buy his way out of serious trouble?

Steve

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
I believe the treatment they are talking about is perfectly legitimate. They take like pint of your blood and centrifuge it so they isolate the platelets. Those are then injected near damaged cartilege or ligaments, which do not have an actual blood supply, to help it heal.

I'm surprised he didn't use stem cell treatment where they take your own stem cells, culture (grow more of them) and then inject them back into the injured area. Treatment has been used successfully in treating various injuries. Perhaps it won't work on his type of injury.
I'm not a Kobe fan, much less, a Laker fan, but he's a great basketball player and I wish him well for healing.

One last comment - I watched the game and the refs should be fired along with anyone else that wants to give games to the Lakers so they will make the play-off's. The calls made bordered on the verge of insanity.

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
I still think without Kobe the Lakers will just fall apart. Well at lease Utah won last night to keep hope alive for the Suns/Lakers pick!

The refs are doing their best to see that the Lakers make the play-offs. Calls made in that game were ridiculous.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I know this injury will seriously impact his basketball career but what about his hobby? Will he still be able to overpower and rape young women? Does he have enough money stashed away so he can continue to buy his way out of serious trouble?

Steve

Awesome....

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Simple enought. If Minny wins out, Lakers have to lose one. If Minny loses one, Lakers have to lose both.

The refs have handed the Lakers about 5 victories down the stretch.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trainer says it was a complete rupture of the Achilles. "Its gone" were his words. Absolute best case scenario is 6 months. More likely 8-9. Best prospect, about 80-90% strength/explosiveness recovery. He will not be what he has been.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Simple enought. If Minny wins out, Lakers have to lose one. If Minny loses one, Lakers have to lose both.

The refs have handed the Lakers about 5 victories down the stretch.
What? Minny has no impact on the playoff race except for the fact that they have 1 game against Utah left.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It may be too late to impact the Suns in the lottery.
I fear so, too. Had it happened couple games earlier, it would be another story. Just the Suns luck again.
Best prospect, about 80-90% strength/explosiveness recovery. He will not be what he has been.
Which is why we will probably see him in a Suns uniform at some point.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They will not amnesty him. The Lakers are loaded with cash, it would not put them far enough under the cap to do much with, their fans would be furious, Kobe would probably never forgive them.

IMO there is zero chance they amnesty him.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I am a Suns fan to the end. I hope against hope that the Lakers miss the playoffs so the Suns can grab that lottery pick. However, wishing injury upon one of the greatest players to play the game, well, there is something about that that does not sit right with me. No matter how big a piece of crap you think he is. There's something about it that makes me feel it is a disservice to the game of basketball.

I generally agree except I would not call it a disservice to just the game. Its rotten sportsmanship and rotten sportsmanship is whats wrong with all commercialized sports. Its right there with the league's minions handing games to the Lakers and showing favoritism to the 'stars' - which we all claim we despise because it degrades the sport.

On the other hand its not our job to question the basketball gods methods - if they felt that an injury to Kobe was necessary to keep the Lakers out of the playoffs, we just have to accept it.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
They will not amnesty him. The Lakers are loaded with cash, it would not put them far enough under the cap to do much with, their fans would be furious, Kobe would probably never forgive them.

IMO there is zero chance they amnesty him.

If they amnesty him he still gets paid. They just pay less luxury tax.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Just checking out some of the conspiracy videos on YouTube, and I was wondering at what point do "regular" fans start to question the validity of some of these accusations. The 2013 Lakers have become heavily in focus, especially after the Golden State game. At what point does benefit-of-the-doubt and "it's a hard job" no longer become excuses?

And here's a question: we know what happens to our draft if the Lakers make the playoffs, but what happens to theirs? Do they keep their pick, which will be around #16 or so? Could the league want them to make the playoffs so they can keep their own pick? Better to have a potential young contributor next season than an end of the round project.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And here's a question: we know what happens to our draft if the Lakers make the playoffs, but what happens to theirs? Do they keep their pick, which will be around #16 or so? Could the league want them to make the playoffs so they can keep their own pick? Better to have a potential young contributor next season than an end of the round project.

Lakers don't get their pick regardless. If they make the playoffs the Cavs have the right to switch the Heat 1st round pick with the Lakers 1st, the Lakers would then have to convey that pick to the Suns.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If they amnesty him he still gets paid. They just pay less luxury tax.

I am well aware.

The Lakers are loaded, they can afford the tax and they project to have a top of cap space in 2014 anyway. And Kobe would absolutely be pissed at them if they amnestied him, even though he is still getting his money.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just checking out some of the conspiracy videos on YouTube, and I was wondering at what point do "regular" fans start to question the validity of some of these accusations. The 2013 Lakers have become heavily in focus, especially after the Golden State game. At what point does benefit-of-the-doubt and "it's a hard job" no longer become excuses?

When the vast majority of the missed calls favor a particular team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison