Suns game day thread. 1/6/2012. Suns Vs. Blazers

ninous26

Registered
Reaction score
I'll be tuning in on ESPN tonight. I can't stand our announcers anymore lol.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I saw a fair bit of the Blazers v. Lakers game and came away very impressed with the Blazers. Felton was playing like an animal at the point, I had forgotten he was a Blazer. This may be a very tough night for our Suns.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a fair bit of the Blazers v. Lakers game and came away very impressed with the Blazers. Felton was playing like an animal at the point, I had forgotten he was a Blazer. This may be a very tough night for our Suns.

Let's just put it this way. I'm not staying up to watch the entire game. :stick:

OP
OP
N

ninous26

Registered
Reaction score

In simpler terms.. We're going to get rocked.

OP
OP
N

ninous26

Registered
Reaction score
Holy m-fer. Suns playing like it's 2006. Nash playing like MVP years and hill looks like he's in his prime.. Just gotta hit those 3s. The passing is impressive. Everyone touching the ball.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Great start, but the Suns are still getting hammered on the boards. Blazers already with six extra shot attempts. We have enough size to keep them off the boards.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Um. Who is that team out ther in Suns unis. I dont recognize them.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
What's going on? Suns looking good.. Scary sight...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just what I was afraid of... we'll be painfully boring, but painfully mediocre meaning we'll probably just miss the playoffs and completely miss any opportunity to draft an impact player.

yay.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed watching the win. Really like what I see out of Morris. Might be more than the role player I was expecting.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I'm also very impressed with Morris. Early to tell but he has a solid bball IQ and skills that can improve.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
just what I was afraid of... we'll be painfully boring, but painfully mediocre meaning we'll probably just miss the playoffs and completely miss any opportunity to draft an impact player.

yay.

Nash is still too good to let the Suns bottom out as long as he's healthy.

OP
OP
N

ninous26

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, didn't expect this blowout WIN? lol
This..

NBA.com: "Suns nip blazers."

Makes it sound like we won by 1 point at the end of regulation on a missed blazers buzzer beater.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Caught the 2nd half of this game. Suns looked pretty good. :)

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score

Or not.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Is it me or does the Suns look better defensively this year?

Forrestham

Freebird62
Reaction score
One of my friends gave me his tickets. I figured why not. I have lowered my expectations and they looked like a basketball team. They played well on both ends of the court. Not what I expected. The bench held the lead so Nash did not have to come back in the game. That is important in this condensed season

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really liked what Lopez did out there. If he can continue to improve like this on defense (he played excellent team defense, rotated well) and rebounding, he could be quite useful. Gortat looks good too. We have two centers who are playing like centers.

Loved Kieff.

Shannon Brown may have scored but I still don't like his game.

I am ready right now to cut Telfair and bring Dowdell back.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Is it me or does the Suns look better defensively this year?

Their first-shot defense is surprisingly good -- better than the league average, I'd guess -- but they still struggle mightily with defensive rebounding.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

yay.

Yep, every victory this year is a Pyrrhic victory.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
And a really good sign. We won every quarter.

Based on the Wired scene we saw with Gentry, he challenged the team to hold Portland to 20 pts per quarter. I'd say that goal was pretty much reached, especially if you go and average out the whole game.

I'll go ahead drink the Kool-Aid and say that a large majority of last night was defense.