Suns @ Clippers Wednesday WCF game thread 6-30-2021 - Game 6

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So if you know how to coach Crowder better than the coach of the year why are you posting here?

Monty is handling it the best he can. Crowder doesn't have the skills to put the ball on the floor and attack the basket. That's not his role anyways. His shots not falling right now and that sucks but he's not going to get out of that slump by refusing to shoot. He needs to work his way through it, like all shooters do.

He's not the reason we've lost. He hasn't helped but there are a lot of things that can be pointed to if you want reasons why we lost, far more intricate than Jae's shot wasn't falling. If we need him to hit as our only means of winning then we're in a lot of trouble but clearly he hasn't been the guy who got us here.

I agree with you about Crowder's offense. If he's in the game he should keep shooting 3's. If he's gonna start driving the ball then the Suns are in trouble.

I disagree that he's not the reason the Suns lost. His defense was awful last game. There is no point in having him on the court if he plays like that. He's just as much responsible for the loss as anyone.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He can work his way out of his slump in the off-season. Not during a finals run....wow...lol. So coaches stick with the cold hand do they? Saric had a lousy game a while back and he got pulled for a couple games. Coaches don't have to stick with anything they don't like...and they don't

Except his slump needs to work itself out in this post season if the Suns have a shot at a title. Both Bridges and Crowder open the floor which will help CP3 and Booker get their mid-range going and prevent people from slacking down on Ayton. If they know Crowder won't shoot it they will just lay off him and sag down. The entire offense is predicated on spreading the floor.

SL Card

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't know the Suns NEARLY well enough to say definitely they are gonna win the series, but I know what I saw and the stats back my eyes up: they do better with Payne on the floor than Paul

the game we lost I was screaming at the TV for Paul to stop walking the ball up like a one legged Harden, letting the defense get set. Payne had the D back on their heels!

We all know what a shrinking violet he's been in the playoffs his whole career , and Monty damn better know it

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree with you about Crowder's offense. If he's in the game he should keep shooting 3's. If he's gonna start driving the ball then the Suns are in trouble.

I disagree that he's not the reason the Suns lost. His defense was awful last game. There is no point in having him on the court if he plays like that. He's just as much responsible for the loss as anyone.
He's 1-10 the last two games from the three. Like someone just said...he's streaky. He should recognize when he's on a downward one.
Except his slump needs to work itself out in this post season if the Suns have a shot at a title. Both Bridges and Crowder open the floor which will help CP3 and Booker get their mid-range going and prevent people from slacking down on Ayton. If they know Crowder won't shoot it they will just lay off him and sag down. The entire offense is predicated on spreading the floor.
Crowder is being left open now. He went 1-10 the last two games pretty much uncontested. I know he can hit it because he's had good games too but he's not viewed as a threat lately. Yeah some shots were late in the shot clock...nor trying to totally diss him but shots are precious lately. I think we can do better than too many last second heaves from him..

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's 1-10 the last two games from the three. Like someone just said...he's streaky. He should recognize when he's on a downward one.

Crowder is being left open now. He went 1-10 the last two games pretty much uncontested. I know he can hit it because he's had good games too but he's not viewed as a threat lately. Yeah some shots were late in the shot clock...nor trying to totally diss him but shots are precious lately. I think we can do better than too many last second heaves from him..
Yes...the definition of streaky means you eventually come out of it. The Suns knew that when they signed him. They knew what kind of player he is. They built this offense around having multiple shooters. You think they can just change the offense in the post season? Not going to happen. Bottom line is look at the Suns record when they hit 3's verses don't. It's how this team is built. You want to argue change it after the season great. It's too late now.

You won't get any argument from me that the Suns need to get into their offense quicker. Waiting until the last 9 seconds on the shot clock facilitates more chucks from the 3 point line. That falls into what the Clippers want from our offense.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know the Suns NEARLY well enough to say definitely they are gonna win the series, but I know what I saw and the stats back my eyes up: they do better with Payne on the floor than Paul

the game we lost I was screaming at the TV for Paul to stop walking the ball up like a one legged Harden, letting the defense get set. Payne had the D back on their heels!

We all know what a shrinking violet he's been in the playoffs his whole career , and Monty damn better know it

Cam Payne hasn't played well since he turned his ankle and of course he was the Suns starter in the first two wins against the Clippers. I'd like to see him have a good game tonight.

I wasn't pleased with the slow pace the Suns started game 5 with Paul handling the ball. The ball wasn't moving in the .5 offense. Hopefully Monty has fixed this.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Payne hasn't played well since he turned his ankle and of course he was the Suns starter in the first two wins against the Clippers. I'd like to see him have a good game tonight.

I wasn't pleased with the slow pace the Suns started game 5 with Paul handling the ball. The ball wasn't moving in the .5 offense. Hopefully Monty has fixed this.
Cam has not played well 3 games running (5 for 18 or something like that) and unable to get the offense moving.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam has not played well 3 games running (5 for 18 or something like that) and unable to get the offense moving.

I think at least part of this has to be the ankle. Hopefully it's better.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You say that, but how many shots has he even taken in the last two games. A lot less.

He needs to be more agressive, unless the ankle is what is keeping him for penetrating.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You say that, but how many shots has he even taken in the last two games. A lot less.

He needs to be more agressive, unless the ankle is what is keeping him for penetrating.

I'm only saying I don't think Payne has been 100% since he turned his ankle. Suns need him to be aggressive particularly attacking the rim. I think the ankle issue has affected his play.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns need to dictate pace and it needs to be uptempo not the slow crap we pulled in the last two games it’s killing our offense!

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
You are so polite using this noun. :wink2:
I talked to my mom today. She had been watching every game lately with her SO. She said she's not watching tonight. I asked her why. It's because of that cornholio (starts with 'a', ends with "hole") Beverly and the way he danced around after potentially injuring Paul. She REALLY wanted to kill Beverly. She has so much anger toward him that she can't bear to watch. That's sad. He literally turned a viewer away from watching basketball because of his antics. And the NBA did nothing about it at the time. No taunting technical. And nothing about it upon review afterwards.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose