Suns @ Clippers Wednesday WCF game thread 6-30-2021 - Game 6

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing Bev has done bothers me more than that taunting he did after the Paul foul. The league looked at it and it's flagrant. PERIOD. The taunting crap makes me want to use someone off the bench to put him on his backside the next time he is a punk.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Dumb article said clippers didn’t shoot well in game 5 and won by 14 lol. Didn’t shoot well? 55% for the game isn’t shooting well? That was the best game the Clipps have put together on the Suns period! Should be more like can the Clips ever shoot that well again? If the Suns can’t come out focused with a good game plan tonight after being embarrassed at home in game 5 they are not the team we all thought they were! This team always seems to respond after a stinker I hope we do so in a big way tonight! It’s about time we have a great game in this series where we actually hit our shots and play Suns ball!

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is tribal. One teams fans see a play one way, while the other teams fans see it differently.
I guess it makes sense being the WCF. Fans are already like this in the regular season. Gets turned up a notch or fifty in the playoffs. lol

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t like the new site upgrade…
Me either. Visually it’s not as easy in the eyes. And from a pragmatic perspective the links aren’t in easily reachable areas for thumb navigation. I feel like someone took away my home and plunked me in an unfamiliar dormitory.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Dumb article said clippers didn’t shoot well in game 5 and won by 14 lol. Didn’t shoot well? 55% for the game isn’t shooting well? That was the best game the Clipps have put together on the Suns period! Should be more like can the Clips ever shoot that well again? If the Suns can’t come out focused with a good game plan tonight after being embarrassed at home in game 5 they are not the team we all thought they were! This team always seems to respond after a stinker I hope we do so in a big way tonight! It’s about time we have a great game in this series where we actually hit our shots and play Suns ball!
Man you missed his point. It was that the clips didn’t shoot the three ball well, and they didn’t. They were an historic 3 ball shooting team all year and we outshot them from beyond the arc and still got blasted.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Look...he even pulled CP3 when he wasn't looking good and was rusty. Coaches pull or direct players that aren't producing the right way. It's like what's the point of a coach if he can't sense when a change is needed. Do you know the purpose of a coach?? Lol. It's not just to be a cheerleader. He judges and acts accordingly. If some player is sinking our ship then something needs to be said or done...end of story.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Look...he even pulled CP3 when he wasn't looking good and was rusty. Coaches pull or direct players that aren't producing the right way. It's like what's the point of a coach if he can't sense when a change is needed. Do you know the purpose of a coach?? Lol. It's not just to be a cheerleader. He judges and acts accordingly. If some player is sinking our ship then something needs to be said or done...end of story.

So if you know how to coach Crowder better than the coach of the year why are you posting here?

Monty is handling it the best he can. Crowder doesn't have the skills to put the ball on the floor and attack the basket. That's not his role anyways. His shots not falling right now and that sucks but he's not going to get out of that slump by refusing to shoot. He needs to work his way through it, like all shooters do.

He's not the reason we've lost. He hasn't helped but there are a lot of things that can be pointed to if you want reasons why we lost, far more intricate than Jae's shot wasn't falling. If we need him to hit as our only means of winning then we're in a lot of trouble but clearly he hasn't been the guy who got us here.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This. I will say that Crowder sometimes takes stupid 3's with people in his face or panic 3's. That kind of stuff he can minimize. Take them when you are wide open. Don't force them.

He really doesn't do that very often. Crowder is often the one we throw it to to beat the 24 second shot clock once the offensive play we were running was disrupted so that may be clouding your view on him. He is very rarely a primary option.

I think for the most part his shot selection is pretty good. He's just a streaky shooter.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So if you know how to coach Crowder better than the coach of the year why are you posting here?

Monty is handling it the best he can. Crowder doesn't have the skills to put the ball on the floor and attack the basket. That's not his role anyways. His shots not falling right now and that sucks but he's not going to get out of that slump by refusing to shoot. He needs to work his way through it, like all shooters do.
He can work his way out of his slump in the off-season. Not during a finals run....wow...lol. So coaches stick with the cold hand do they? Saric had a lousy game a while back and he got pulled for a couple games. Coaches don't have to stick with anything they don't like...and they don't

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man you missed his point. It was that the clips didn’t shoot the three ball well, and they didn’t. They were an historic 3 ball shooting team all year and we outshot them from beyond the arc and still got blasted.

Yeah, but look at the whole series we have played against them - other than the first game they are not shooting the 3 ball well - Because of the Suns Defense.

The reason they kicked the Suns butt in the last game is they had 58 points in the paint. Way over what they have done in the rest of the series.

Suns may lose tonight - but they are not going to let them shoot 55% again.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He can work his way out of his slump in the off-season. Not during a finals run....wow...lol. So coaches stick with the cold hand do they? Saric had a lousy game a while back and he got pulled for a couple games. Coaches don't have to stick with anything they don't like...and they don't
Uh you’re using saric as an example while saric has also sucked recently and not been pulled. Funny.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If you can't see the difference between Saric getting benched for being awful in all facets of the game to Crowder's 3 ball not falling then I don't know what to tell you. Crowder has done his job everywhere else. It would help if his shot was falling but that just one of the many things he's tasked with, and he's doing a solid job with everything else.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, but look at the whole series we have played against them - other than the first game they are not shooting the 3 ball well - Because of the Suns Defense.

The reason they kicked the Suns butt in the last game is they had 58 points in the paint. Way over what they have done in the rest of the series.

Suns may lose tonight - but they are not going to let them shoot 55% again.
You’re right, but that’s not what we’re talking about. You were criticizing a comment in the article but you missed their point.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If you can't see the difference between Saric getting benched for being awful in all facets of the game to Crowder's 3 ball not falling then I don't know what to tell you. Crowder has done his job everywhere else. It would help if his shot was falling but that just one of the many things he's tasked with, and he's doing a solid job with everything else.
All I said was Crowder needs to ease up on the threes if they aren't falling. He's going to brick us right out of the series. He's so cold like uhh that's why he's being left open. Clips want him jacking up threes. CP3, Booker Bridges should be taking the three. If he's open and still bricking then Monty should step in. Ppl are saying he's being out coached lately...starting to agree.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Uh you’re using saric as an example while saric has also sucked recently and not been pulled. Funny.
Everyone knows Saric was pulled after that awful game he had. We saw Frank after that for a bit. Maybe Saric is back again.. fine...hopefully he's smarter

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Everyone knows Saric was pulled after that awful game he had. We saw Frank after that for a bit. Maybe Saric is back again.. fine...hopefully he's smarter
After this comment I wonder if you are even watching the games?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All I said was Crowder needs to ease up on the threes if they aren't falling. He's going to brick us right out of the series. He's so cold like uhh that's why he's being left open. Clips want him jacking up threes. CP3, Booker Bridges should be taking the three. If he's open and still bricking then Monty should step in. Ppl are saying he's being out coached lately...starting to agree.

A role player not hitting shots is not why Monty is being out coached. Failing to find plays for Book and CP3 to get theirs is one of the ways he's being out coached. He's not adjusting our offense to the Clippers defense. He's also not making adjustments on defense to protect the paint better. The Clippers were able to form layup lines in game 5. Ayton alone isn't enough.

Theres many other reasons he's being out coached but to blame it on a guy who averages 2 made 3's a game not giving that to you isn't it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It depends on the matchup. Craig is a hustler and banger, like PJ Tucker, but he's not that good at challenging bigger players shots. Nader and Craig are a wash defensively, IMO, but since Craig's shot hasn't been falling, I'd go with Nader as well. I know the whole "hasn't played in 2-3 months" counter to that but he's also someone the Clippers haven't game planned or scouted for much at all. He creates a different look for us and throws them off more than Craig.

I'm not into the "hasn't played in 2-3 months" argument. I simply think Craig gives the Suns more versatility as he has more length and can play 4/5 if needed in a small ball lineup. Really though for me, it's whoever gets the job done.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson