Suns chances at play in

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
While unlikely, I'll still root for the Blazers & Grizzlies to lose out. The Suns squeaking up to the 8th seed and only needing 1 win over whoever 9th is would be HUGE

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No use dwelling on it. All the Suns can do is focus on themselves and win on Thursday. They will need to play much better than they have in the last 3 games in order to do so. Then, if Portland and Memphis win, we tip our proverbial caps to them, the team hopefully is motivated not to let it come to this next year, we get a starting power forward in the offseason, and this Bubble experience is a nice springboard to next season, when we finally end this playoff drought (if not this week). At this point, everything moving forward this season is gravy, as long as the team leaves it all out on the floor on Thursday.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dallas choked down the stretch. Bleep.
Yea how the f do u run into that player on the looked like he did it on purpose I said a few f bombs after that

And the lillard lucky ass deep 3

Booker vs lillard in play in gm would be epic

Thursday gonna be sooooo nerve wrecking man

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am trying not to get caught up too much if the Suns make the play-in. Sure it matters but the odds have always been against them. For me it's more about how the Suns finish the season. Seven wins in Orlando is already quite an accomplishment. If they went go 8-0, play-in or not, that would be amazing.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I fully expect us to miss out on the playoffs. It's too bad, it feels like we've really earned a chance. But the future is certainly bright, brighter than it's been in maybe 15 years -- ever since Amare left for NY.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trey Burke just cost the Mavs the win.

Passed it to Finney Smith and barrelled into Lillard for the offensive foul as Finney Smith drained a corner 3. The Mavs should be up 134-132 with 4.5 to play but instead it's Blazers ball 132-131 with 4.5 to play.

that was so stupid! All he had to do was get in Lillard’s way.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Giannis just got kicked out of his game tonight for head butting another player. That prob suspends him for the next game even if they were planning on playing him.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
FiveThirtyEight thinks we have a better chance of getting the 9 seed than Memphis

You must be registered for see images attach

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Aren’t those four teams playing for two spots? Those odds must be about the 8th seed.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
An insane run. A year ago I think anyone would have been thrilled to with the idea that on the final day of the season we'd be neck and neck for a playoff slot.

This franchise has grown by leaps and bounds this season.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If they win today they will have done everything they could. In fact I think they basically have already. I imagine it would be frustrating to watch the playoffs from home, but surely this whets the appetite and restores a lot of pride.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If they win today they will have done everything they could. In fact I think they basically have already. I imagine it would be frustrating to watch the playoffs from home, but surely this whets the appetite and restores a lot of pride.

Agreed...except the game is tomorrow. :)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha, thanks. Maybe it just all feels like one long day right now...

For some reason I was feeling the same way but of course it can't be true because the Suns just played two games in a row.

I think it has something to do with Thursday possibly being the Suns final game of the season even if they win.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope they do win. 8-0 was my prediction, and I wasn't being silly about it. I had just watched the practice games and saw something going on.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dame has been throwing himself to defenders during this whole bubble run. No surprise on that call.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the plus side of Portland beating Dallas is that the Suns have a better chance of winning their 8th game (assuming Dallas will sit some starters because they can no longer move up)

the plus side of falling short of the playoffs is reverting back to our lottery status, pre-bubble

i'm good with being undefeated and getting a lottery pick

Last edited:

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’d love to see play in games against Portland. But I believe Lillard usually has his way with Booker or am I off base. Maybe Booker in the bubble will be different

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA is suspending Giannis for final seeding game against Memphis.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some more on the Bucks.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Gonna get screwed again. Well, not screwed - we earned our record (thx Deandre, those 25 games wouldn’t have made a difference). Oh well, it’s been nice while it lasted. At least we got to watch hoops for a brief period.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d love to see play in games against Portland. But I believe Lillard usually has his way with Booker or am I off base. Maybe Booker in the bubble will be different

I think we did pretty well against Lillard and Portland until the previous 3 seasons where they just dominated us. I can only remember 1 win against them over that stretch although hopefully we've turned the corner against them as we split the schedule with them this season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson