Suns chances at play in

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If you are score board watching, grizzlies and raptors at 11. Sixers and blazers at 3:30. The teams behind us are playing as well but we need to win out.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you are score board watching, grizzlies and raptors at 11. Sixers and blazers at 3:30. The teams behind us are playing as well but we need to win out.
Go Raptors!! Is ja playing?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a back to back starting Monday against OKC and then Philadelphia before closing out the season against Dallas. I just don't see 8-0. But then again, I certainly didn't see 5-0 either so fingers are crossed.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a back to back starting Monday against OKC and then Philadelphia before closing out the season against Dallas. I just don't see 8-0. But then again, I certainly didn't see 5-0 either so fingers are crossed.

I'm thinking one game at a time. If the Suns keep winning that's all I can ask. I especially dread playing Dallas again.

Do you think a 8-0 is asking too much plus 2-0 in the play-in?

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm thinking one game at a time. If the Suns keep winning that's all I can ask. I especially dread playing Dallas again.

Do you think a 8-0 is asking too much plus 2-0 in the play-in?
Personally I don't know, I didn't think they'd be undefeated either. They are playing with a huge chip on their shoulder and treating everything like a game 7.

I love it. If they keep this attitude up next year and continue to improve and gel, I think their for sure playoff contenders. I don't even want to get my hopes up on what we could potentially get in the draft.

DBook is heading towards a top 5 player. If Bridges keeps it up I can see an all star appearance.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I don't know, I didn't think they'd be undefeated either. They are playing with a huge chip on their shoulder and treating everything like a game 7.

I love it. If they keep this attitude up next year and continue to improve and gel, I think their for sure playoff contenders. I don't even want to get my hopes up on what we could potentially get in the draft.

There was a little dose of sarcasm I put in there because that's a lot to ask of any team no matter how good.

The positive thing, there is a chance no matter how slight and it shows the front office what they need to do to prepare the team for next season.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There was a little dose of sarcasm I put in there because that's a lot to ask of any team no matter how good.

The positive thing, there is a chance no matter how slight and it shows the front office what they need to do to prepare the team for next season.
It's a tall task, and even if we don't make it I love the progress. #whynotus

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Whether they get in or not, this has been huge. Great way to finish the season, beat some good teams, and show everyone that they are a real NBA team. This season has been a huge success. Suns are officially not a joke at this point- they are a real NBA team. Booker, Ayton, Oubre, Rubio, Bridges, Baynes, Saric were all legitimate NBA players, but the Suns added Johnson, who is turning into a legitimate NBA player quickly. Payne and Carter look like decent second and third point guards. Now they need to take the next step. They have to keep what they have and add another real NBA player or two in the offseason. What they've done this year has been incredible- multiple injuries, Ayton suspension, and several games lost by just a couple of points, yet they are still fighting for a playoff spot.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something else to think about.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If the Blazers lose to the 6ers right now, the Suns fully control their own playoff destiny.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man... if the Sixers had held on here, that would have been ridiculous. But Dame has been super-califragilistic-expeala-ridiculous.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
That was a painful win by Portland. Dropped out chances from 10% to 6% per FiveThirtyEight.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another look at the path it would take for the Suns to make the play-in.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Portland will play Dallas and while it hasn't been said if Porzingis and Luka will rest again or not, it appears that won't happen if you see what Rick Carlisle said...

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As fun as this has been, it just highlights that the low level teams should have been playing each other to get to the 9 seed.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As fun as this has been, it just highlights that the low level teams should have been playing each other to get to the 9 seed.

That's a great idea. It would have been fun.

I guess it was all about most teams getting to 70 games to fulfill television contracts.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a great idea. It would have been fun.

I believe anything is more fun in a bracket style event. I also believe at the end here, they should have had a flex style schedule so the games that matter aren't being played at noon.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson