Suns chances at play in

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Props to Brooklyn. It came down to the Nets have the final shot to send us to the play-in. That was a gutsy performance.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stupid step back. He was getting to the rim at will. They wouldn’t foul a drive to the basket. Ugh!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm glad I watched the game summary on Yahoo rather than the actual game. I don't think I could have handled watching the Suns season end like that.

Wish we could get a 1 game tiebreaker for 9th with Memphis. Come on Silver, it's more revenue for the league.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Something like this is more agony inducing because it fits perfectly with the entire history of the franchise. If anything ever involves getting a lucky break for this team, you can almost 100% count on it not happening.

We have seriously become the Chicago Cubs of the NBA... I mean, back when they were still the Chicago Cubs of baseball.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
That stung, but the Suns did everything they could do. Eight game winning streak... I am pretty sure that hasn't happened since 2010 or so.
They are no longer a joke. They are a real NBA team that barely missed playoffs. They need to retain what they have, add a semi-athletic big, and keep improving. Booker is a legitimate all-star, Ayton is a very good C, Oubre, Bridges, and Johnson are all legitimate NBA forwards with Bridges being one of the better defenders in the league, Rubio is a solid starting PG, Saric is a good backup big, Carter and Payne are adequate backups. Baynes is a solid backup big. I am proud of this team and what they were able to accomplish.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Being a Suns fan and always having the NBA screw us... my conspiracy theory side is coming out.. NBA just giving Portland breaks every game.. Cause they are standing behind Black Lives Matter and have to get Portland in it cause of all the protesting thats still going on there..

yea I am full of crap.. just trying to find something to hate the NBA even more..

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a lesson to be learned. Can't let another team determine your fate.

At least the Suns maintain their regular season standings before the restart going into the lottery.

Also next season looks much brighter.

AZCats

Veteran
Reaction score
Hate to be mr pessimist but you cannot take anything away from this restart and think it is good for next year. Good or bad. This was basically a preseason with starters playing.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm glad I watched the game summary on Yahoo rather than the actual game. I don't think I could have handled watching the Suns season end like that.

Wish we could get a 1 game tiebreaker for 9th with Memphis. Come on Silver, it's more revenue for the league.
This was nothing compared to Paxon or Elie. Those ripped my guts out. I want to keep playing, but all in all I'm happy and hopefully next season starts sooner than later.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought they should have challenged that. Surprised they didn’t.

Complete BS

Yeah I thought they had a good case to challenge that also. He was making every attempt to draw the contact and I just didn't see it on the one replay they showed.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hate to be mr pessimist but you cannot take anything away from this restart and think it is good for next year. Good or bad. This was basically a preseason with starters playing.

I think you're wrong on it being essentially a preseason but even if it were, when's the last time we played this well in the preseason or even early season? I think you can take a lot from how we've played in the bubble. That's not to say I believe we're a championship contender or that we'll win at anywhere near the same clip but I believe we've seen enough to justify some expectations next season. Barring worse than average injury problems, I'd expect this team to play above .500 ball and challenge for a playoff spot.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was nothing compared to Paxon or Elie. Those ripped my guts out. I want to keep playing, but all in all I'm happy and hopefully next season starts sooner than later.

agreed. There’s no comparison to those shots, or that ridiculous throw over his head game 5 winner by Artest.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That stung, but the Suns did everything they could do. Eight game winning streak... I am pretty sure that hasn't happened since 2010 or so.
They are no longer a joke. They are a real NBA team that barely missed playoffs. They need to retain what they have, add a semi-athletic big, and keep improving. Booker is a legitimate all-star, Ayton is a very good C, Oubre, Bridges, and Johnson are all legitimate NBA forwards with Bridges being one of the better defenders in the league, Rubio is a solid starting PG, Saric is a good backup big, Carter and Payne are adequate backups. Baynes is a solid backup big. I am proud of this team and what they were able to accomplish.

all of this. That stung in the moment but I already washed it away.

and it saved me from likely getting a buttload of annoying texts from my Laker friends in LA. There’s no way we were beating them and I don’t want to hear any of their crap.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think you're wrong on it being essentially a preseason but even if it were, when's the last time we played this well in the preseason or even early season? I think you can take a lot from how we've played in the bubble. That's not to say I believe we're a championship contender or that we'll win at anywhere near the same clip but I believe we've seen enough to justify some expectations next season. Barring worse than average injury problems, I'd expect this team to play above .500 ball and challenge for a playoff spot.
Agreed.

Another year in monty’s system.

more growth from Ayton, bridges, cam, Carter, Payne.

hopefully saric back and in similar shape

oubre back.

replace baynes and frank and Diallo with an athletic big.

hopefully hit on the draft pick.

should be a much more enjoyable season.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The opportunity for the Suns to further assess player personnel in real game action against other NBA teams is invaluable.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed.

Another year in monty’s system.

more growth from Ayton, bridges, cam, Carter, Payne.

hopefully saric back and in similar shape

oubre back.

replace baynes and frank and Diallo with an athletic big.

hopefully hit on the draft pick.

should be a much more enjoyable season.

Should be.

I might bring Baynes back on a 1 year deal if he is willing. We need to keep carter and Dario.

If this bubble carries over I think our backup PG is actually solved. I think Cam actually works as our starting 4, but we need a backup. Feel like we need to try and get a scorer for the bench in the draft.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Suns season comes down to a single point. Wow
A single point . . . and an Ayton suspension. :(

He owes his coaching staff and teammates, every
member of the Suns organization and every Suns
fan a public apology.

And a pledge that he will use his brain, on and off
the court, going forward.

And learn how to be aggressive on the court and
fulfill his position in the post.

And he has lost the right to try to be a team
spokesman. His job is to learn, not teach.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The opportunity for the Suns to further assess player personnel in real game action against other NBA teams is invaluable.
It’s been preseason but with playoff style intensity. There is no other situation I can imagine better suited to craft a team out of a talented group of young players.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Every analyst, coach, and player I've heard who has spoken about the bubble experience has hyped up how much it'll help these teams next season. I haven't heard one of them equate it to preseason or claim the experience is essentially meaningless.

Since your take is so far in the other direction I'd like to know why you believe they're essentially meaningless. What are you basing that on?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard