Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker is 5-14 from the field.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those who will rip those ripping Ayton, I just ask you to key ONLY on him and honestly tell me that guy is giving good effort. Not even asking for max effort. Just GOOD effort, whether he’s guarding the guy with the ball, rotating, fighting for rebounds.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns 1-10 from three point range. Bulls are 7-18.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You sure do have a beef with Ayton. Suns are not losing because of Ayton. He is not winning it for them thought

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the one where the suns are shooting 1-10 from 3.

so, how is a team playing well where they can’t shoot and have no other gear on offense to go to while giving up 58 points in a half?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For those who will rip those ripping Ayton, I just ask you to key ONLY on him and honestly tell me that guy is giving good effort. Not even asking for max effort. Just GOOD effort, whether he’s guarding the guy with the ball, rotating, fighting for rebounds.

I think people are too critical of ayton. No player is going to make the correct play every time, but it seems everyone somehow expects him to.

Relatively speaking he played good that half.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
so, how is a team playing well where they can’t shoot and have no other gear on offense to go to while giving up 58 points in a half?

you can control the shots you get, you can’t always control if they go in.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You sure do have a beef with Ayton. Suns are not losing because of Ayton. He is not winning it for them thought

he’s supposed to the be the third star. Being nowhere to close to that hampers this team consistently. And his mouth and tattoos just make him an easy mark.

and I’m curious... why is this deficit not on him? People are driving to rim at will and he’s providing zero defense. Meanwhile, the Bulls have very little size and Ayton has done very little on offense.

In a game where the three aren’t falling, they need to have another line of attack. Ayton’s inability to or lack of desire to be that is definitely a reason we’re losing tonight.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think people are too critical of ayton. No player is going to make the correct play every time, but it seems everyone somehow expects him to.

Relatively speaking he played good that half.

Relative to what? A bench warmer? No one is asking him to make the right play every time. He’s on pace for a whopping 16 points and 6 rebounds against a team with virtually zero size. How that is good considering the talent he has going up against the talent in the court is comical to me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can control the shots you get, you can’t always control if they go in.

exactly. And we are just shooting outside because our inside option is loafing out there. Thus we’re taking bad shots which is why we’re losing.

also, you’re in control of your own defense which is AWOL tonight.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
he’s supposed to the be the third star. Being nowhere to close to that hampers this team consistently. And his mouth and tattoos just make him an easy mark.

and I’m curious... why is this deficit not on him? People are driving to rim at will and he’s providing zero defense. Meanwhile, the Bulls have very little size and Ayton has done very little on offense.

In a game where the three aren’t falling, they need to have another line of attack. Ayton’s inability to or lack of desire to be that is definitely a reason we’re losing tonight.

he is not providing zero defense. There is no center in the league that can stop even 50 percent of drivers.

your expectations are unrealistic.

ayton has done little on offense? He has at least 4 layups and a jumper or 2 he made, that puts him on pace to score 20.

I mean you act like he is supposed to learn how to become giannis overnight.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aytons not guarding Young. and not throwing up threes

Ayton is watching guys parade to the basket offering up zero resistance on rotations. And the reason we need to throw up threes is because Ayton has no idea/desire to punish them in the post.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns have a roster imbalance. Part of this is on the GM.

They have a rookie power forward who is not ready to play, Saric is injured and Jones was waived.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
exactly. And we are just shooting outside because our inside option is loafing out there. Thus we’re taking bad shots which is why we’re losing.

also, you’re in control of your own defense which is AWOL tonight.

we have only taken 10 3’s. That is not a high amount, it’s below avg.

The D was ok, they were just hitting a ton of threes on us.

should even out in the second half.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he is not providing zero defense. There is no center in the league that can stop even 50 percent of drivers.

your expectations are unrealistic.

ayton has done little on offense? He has at least 4 layups and a jumper or 2 he made, that puts him on pace to score 20.

I mean you act like he is supposed to learn how to become giannis overnight.

in what universe does 8 points at the half = Ayton is on pace for 20? That’s basic math you’re off on.

but the play to start the half... THATS what Ayton can and needs to do.

Also, you realize Chris Paul was yelling at Ayton in the first quarter because of how listless he was. You realize that happens on a regular basis?

I just want to see him play HARD. That’s not asking for Giannis. No matter how much you want to make excuses for him. Expectations for the first pick in the draft to have taken a big step forward in his third year as opposed to backward, playing with the best PG in the league isn’t too much too ask.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns have a roster imbalance. Part of this is on the GM.

They have a rookie power forward who is not ready to play, Saric is injured and Jones was waived.

Jones blows and should have never been signed.

Yes we could use another interior scorer or two, but if we just shot our avg from 3 this game would be tied?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton was great on defense until Indiana showed the league how to turn him into a spectator. And team after team has done it to us ever since. We've covered somewhat with Kaminski starting alongside him and with a strong bench but with Saric out, the bench isn't what it used to be. Either Monty needs to change his defense or he needs to tell/let/force Ayton to do something other than stand around on the perimeter once the defense coaxes him out there. This is almost unwatchable.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jones blows and should have never been signed.

Yes we could use another interior scorer or two, but if we just shot our avg from 3 this game would be tied?

Suns defense is bad regardless.