Suns @ Bulls Friday game thread 2-26-2021

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How long are you going to hold onto the idea he is going to become an aggressive monster?

he is what he is. You need to learn to accept it.

again, I don’t need him to be a MONSTER. There’s a range of difference between Giannis and legit 3rd option on a team and a stout defender.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have come out of my chair if Frank made that three.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
look, I’m not at all saying I am happy with how Ayton is playing.

I just have realistic expectations for him. You seem to think he should be playing like an MVP candidate.

Considering a guy picked 2 spots after him has played like an MVP candidate since entering the league, why is it wrong to expect Ayton to play like the best player in his draft class? He was taken 1st. Not just was he taken first but he hyped himself up as the best player from it. I understand most players hype themselves but not all of them get "DominAyton" tattoos when theyre barely middle of the pack in terms of starting Centers in the league.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How long are you going to hold onto the idea he is going to become an aggressive monster?

he is what he is. You need to learn to accept it.

I have accepted who he is. Doesn’t mean it’s not going to still piss me off.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
At least we are running offense and getting good three point looks. Defense playing great.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Come on man. That’s totally fatalistic. We’re right in a game against a team playing good ball without either CP3 or Booker playing well. We’re down 1 point in the fourth. That right there blows the idea they have no chance to win.
Aside from Book and Paul, what other halfway reliable player do we have on offense?
The fact that Book and Paul are going off tonight shouldn’t matter one iota against this team. The Bulls should’ve already been pounded into submission, versus scrambling to simply remain within a “shot” of “stealing” a win.

And, note that the Suns have made this a game with Ayton on the Bench... no surprise there.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CP3 standing out of bounds.

team just isn’t into it tonight.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aside from Book and Paul, what other halfway reliable player do we have on offense?
The fact that Book and Paul are going off tonight shouldn’t matter one iota against this team. The Bulls should’ve already been pounded into submission, versus scrambling to simply remain within a “shot” of “stealing” a win.

And, note that the Suns have made this a game with Ayton on the Bench... no surprise there.

why should the Bulls have been pounded into submission? They’re playing good basketball and are at home.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns keep getting it close only to let it slip away.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Considering a guy picked 2 spots after him has played like an MVP candidate since entering the league, why is it wrong to expect Ayton to play like the best player in his draft class? He was taken 1st. Not just was he taken first but he hyped himself up as the best player from it. I understand most players hype themselves but not all of them get "DominAyton" tattoos when theyre barely middle of the pack in terms of starting Centers in the league.

yeah and Sam Bowie was sorry compared to Jordan.

what is your point? Focusing on something that can’t be changed is a useless waste of energy.

We all want da to play better.

if you really think the coaches and teammates aren’t trying their damndest to make that happen you must think they are all idiots.

Bottom line is it’s on him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's tie the game up and Paul answers.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What you have described you want ayton to do is well beyond ayton playing hard.

He is playing hard, he’s just not playing smart.
Naw. He was not playing in the first half of this game. I’d love to watch it with and go play by play and see how you would defend him. It was sad.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker fouled. No call except a travel.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Much much better in the second half.

book is not playing smart. Forcing too much on those drives.

oh he got screwed there.