Suns @ Bucks Wednesday Finals game thread 7-14-2021 - Game 4

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Im not mentally prepared for this game tonight. It needs to be postponed until tomorrow for my mental health
I hear you man. The game can’t come soon enough. I actually watch and me and my boy who is now in Maryland both rock our DBook jerseys while we FaceTime. It’s been a heck of a ride. This team is special. But it’s gonna take everyone tonight at Fiserv.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hear you man. The game can’t come soon enough. I actually watch and me and my boy who is now in Maryland both rock our DBook jerseys while we FaceTime. It’s been a heck of a ride. This team is special. But it’s gonna take everyone tonight at Fiserv.
Yep. Gotta dig deep on this one..this will be a unbelievably chaotic environment. They'll have to come out fast and attack to try and get this crowd out of it. The Buck's were feeding off that intensity from the crowd last game for sure. We have to punch first....and hard.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Hadn't seen it mentioned and I'm a little surprised. I didnt think of it until today either. Booker's broken nose has to mess with his breathing. That could be why he's not effective as usual when playing big minutes. Even as it heals and he's able to breathe more with his nose, its going to take a little time until he's accustomed to doing so again.

BTW I hate Patrick Beverley.
I mentioned it immediately when it happened. As someone whose broken his nose a number of times, it’s not just sore, it impacts breathing and swelling around the eyes. Does it make you blind or unable to breath? No. But I don’t think many people realize how even small adjustments to those types of things can throw off a finely tuned athlete.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What’s up y’all. I’m a Suns fan in Austin, TX. I appreciate this group and love reading this message board. I heard Skip say that Book is dealing with a tight hammy, which makes sense because he was settling for jumpshots. I love this team (like everyone on this board). When we play Phoenix Suns basketball, we’re a better team than Milwaukee. Tonight’s gonna be a war. More to do, More to come. Let’s go Suns!!
Welcome! And that would make sense as to why he was settling so much. If that was the case I hope it’s had enough time for him to get back to 100%.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im not mentally prepared for this game tonight. It needs to be postponed until tomorrow for my mental health
Hah. Kind of a wimpy plan on your part. For my sanity I'm hoping and expecting the league to announce that starting this postseason the finals will be a best of 3.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Anyone think Jalen Smith should get some minutes when Ayton is on the bench?

I don't think he should spend any time guarding Giannis, but I think he could really help in those small lineups with rebounding. Second chance points really killed the Suns in the 3rd quarter and having Smith go up against Portis or Lopez might work.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

I don't think he should spend any time guarding Giannis, but I think he could really help in those small lineups with rebounding. Second chance points really killed the Suns in the 3rd quarter and having Smith go up against Portis or Lopez might work.
Absolutely not. As bad as Kaminsky is, he is hell of a lot better than Stix right now.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

No

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm a nervous wreck. Can't imagine how I will be feeling an hour before tipoff.

:stick::stick::stick::stick:

I don't think it's something to freak out to badly about. Even if the Suns lose they will still have homcourt in a 3 game series.

Of course if they get blown out again, that might be a problem.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

No. He was inneficient in the G-League. He does not even play like a 4, he plays like a small forward.

100% Torrey Craig is better defensively against bigs than Stix is.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Welcome! And that would make sense as to why he was settling so much. If that was the case I hope it’s had enough time for him to get back to 100%.
I appreciate it! Yeah he didn’t look nearly as explosive either in terms of even getting by people. At this point in the year, everyone’s dealing with something. Just gotta try and tough it out.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The only reason I'd put him out there while the minutes still matter is to lay a couple of hard fouls on Giannis. Not dirty fouls, not Clipper fouls, just hard fouls. Not that I think that's the way to go, it's just the only use I can come up with for Jalen right now.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Just left the Suns hotel. Some fans were milling around that I got to talk with. Got to talk with James Jones from a distance (6ft) and he was very gracious. You can tell that they flew in the Suns organization. A ton of Suns merch walked in and out of the hotel.

There's talk that the Deer District may be closed tonight for fans. Two huge storm cells are coming through and one will be happening around the 2nd and third quarters. Not sure how that plays in to things but Rain always signifies doom or change in movies.

Maybe we get some karma tonight?

Still........ Im a nervous wreck. Nothing like a 2-1 game 4 on the road to make me melt into my seat. Cant wait.

One question though: Wear white Stoudemire jersey or Purple Suns logo shirt? The Amare jersey brought me zero luck last game.

:stick: :stick: :stick: :stick:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just left the Suns hotel. Some fans were milling around that I got to talk with. Got to talk with James Jones from a distance (6ft) and he was very gracious. You can tell that they flew in the Suns organization. A ton of Suns merch walked in and out of the hotel.

There's talk that the Deer District may be closed tonight for fans. Two huge storm cells are coming through and one will be happening around the 2nd and third quarters. Not sure how that plays in to things but Rain always signifies doom or change in movies.

Still........ Im a nervous wreck. Nothing like a 2-1 game 4 on the road to make me melt into my seat. Cant wait.

One question though: Wear white Stoudemire jersey or Purple Suns logo shirt? The Amare jersey brought me zero luck last game.

I'd go purple. Oh, and, GO PURPLE!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

FWIW, Suns are wearing Orange tonight. Maybe grab a new jersey to match at the game?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

God and the Suns are about to rain all over the Bucks parade tonight!

LET’S GET IT ON!!!

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
good. The uniforms on Sunday looked like we were waiving the white flag!

Yeah we're done with the white now. Orange tonight and game 6 (if necessary) and the black valley jerseys for games 5 & 7.

The white is really bad this year. I hope we see more purple next year. I wouldn't mind seeing white phased out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah we're done with the white now. Orange tonight and game 6 (if necessary) and the black valley jerseys for games 5 & 7.

The white is really bad this year. I hope we see more purple next year. I wouldn't mind seeing white phased out.

they’re an eyesore something fierce.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Why were they picked for game 3? You gotta think they players hate them too. The Bucks wore green so orange would’ve been allowed.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What’s up y’all. I’m a Suns fan in Austin, TX. I appreciate this group and love reading this message board. I heard Skip say that Book is dealing with a tight hammy, which makes sense because he was settling for jumpshots. I love this team (like everyone on this board). When we play Phoenix Suns basketball, we’re a better team than Milwaukee. Tonight’s gonna be a war. More to do, More to come. Let’s go Suns!!

I'm watching game 2 now, end of 3rd he jacks up a half court shot and hobbles on his left foot for a bit, he didnt look comfortable. This was right after Craig was ran over by Giannis.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why were they picked for game 3? You gotta think they players hate them too. The Bucks wore green so orange would’ve been allowed.

No clue. You can see jersey assignments (choices?) at
LockerVision.NBA.com but it doesn't say why. I'd guess player choice plays a big role. I know the only rule of sorts is we can't wear the same color jerseys, which makes sense but they wore green. Tonight they'll be wearing white. For game 6 we'll wear orange and they'll wear black. So I can't find a real logic behind it

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave