Suns @ Bucks Tuesday Finals game thread 7-20-2021 - Game 6

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yiu know what happened more often? I watched the Suns throw a ball down to a guy who looked inexperienced on the block and hasn’t gotten a lot of reps down there all season long.
Stop with the “reps” red herring. He’s a pro player finishing his third season. He practices. He plays games. That excuse just don’t play anymore.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Because he failed a drug test. That's 100% on him. No excuses.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. Running out of excuses to make for his airhead attitude about how important developing his game and his career should be to him.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'd trade ayton tomorrow. His value will never be higher and he is not a max player. As good as he looked in some games, he looked just as bad in others. I think we could get KAT....minny is going nowhere. Sign Noel as the defensive big

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stop with the “reps” red herring. He’s a pro player finishing his third season. He practices. He plays games. That excuse just don’t play anymore.
Right because coaches talk about reps all the time just because.
Stop it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ok but it is an excuse. He couldn’t develop new moves cuz he didn’t play.

The league also shut down in March. I know, no excuse.
That’s an excuse. He’s been an nba player for three years. Covid interrupted one. He’s had plenty of coaching, practices, and games.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok but it is an excuse. He couldn’t develop new moves cuz he didn’t play.

The league also shut down in March. I know, no excuse.

How many players enter new seasons with new moves they worked on and perfected during the offseason? Almost all of the good to great players in the league. Quit making excuses for him.

The league shut down for everyone! Cam Johnson came into the bubble a lot better than when the season suspended. Perfect example of a player dedicating themselves to their craft and improving outside of the game.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
that’s not mental. That’s the lack of dog we’re talking about.
Couldn’t agree more. Need to take the Chihuahua out of him and transplant a pit bull. Sadly it won’t happen his personality won’t change into a killer

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Right because coaches talk about reps all the time just because.
Stop it.
They talk about reps not in-game reps. In fact I’ve literally never heard a coach make the excuse you guys are making for Ayton. For any player. Ever.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That’s an excuse. He’s been an nba player for three years. Covid interrupted one. He’s had plenty of coaching, practices, and games.
Anyway, that’s a minor point. He could’ve had more games. He’s really good. I hated watching him until the playoffs. Now I’m convinced. He rules and I’ll be happy to watch him for ten more years inshallah.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They talk about reps not in-game reps. In fact I’ve literally never heard a coach make the excuse you guys are making for Ayton. For any player. Ever.
Cuz coaches influence the players. Why would they allow a player to make an excuse.

I’m just some person on the internet. If Ayton is reading these excuses then I apologize for making excuses.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stop. Just stop.. When he plays in an inside out offenses for an entire season then I will jump aboard if he still has the same issues. Expecting him to completely change his game while the same offense has been in place all season long is beyond ludicrous. They wouldn’t even ask Booker or Paul to do that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty took the loss hard. He is a class head coach.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How many players enter new seasons with new moves they worked on and perfected during the offseason? Almost all of the good to great players in the league. Quit making excuses for him.
I agree. He did seem to get better with mid jumper, but he doesn’t have the pump fake up and Under move yet. And still drops to many passes. Please bring in Hakeem O to teach him some moves

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'd trade ayton tomorrow. His value will never be higher and he is not a max player. As good as he looked in some games, he looked just as bad in others. I think we could get KAT....minny is going nowhere. Sign Noel as the defensive big
See, as disappointed and frustrated as I get with Ayton I still wouldn’t trade him.

First I don’t think we would a dollar for dollar return on potential.

second, he’s definitely got the material to be very good. He’s just got to find the drive to unleash it. He has to want it. He has to NEED it the way Booker does. Right now I think he just likes what basketball brings him. I’m not even sure he really really likes basketball much less loves it much less lives for it.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

The league shut down for everyone! Cam Johnson came into the bubble a lot better than when the season suspended. Perfect example of a player dedicating themselves to their craft and improving outside of the game.
Ayton also improved. He just led the nba in playoff win shares. For a team that hasn’t been in the playoffs in 10 years.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
I just don’t understand how a team somehow loses 4 straight games in the NBA Finals without getting swept. You weren’t under manned or overmatched. You just got flat out punked in every aspect of the game over the last 4 games and its quite frankly embarrassing. You went up 2-0 and then just flat out got out-everythinged possible.

Out played, out worked, severely out hustled, and out COACHED (by a guy that was a toe away from probably being fired when you have the supposed COY) not to mention out smarted. It’s just a bad look.

Hopefully I’m still around in another 30 years to hopefully see us make it back. Ugh

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Stop. Just stop.. When he plays in an inside out offenses for an entire season then I will him jump aboard if he still has the same issues. Expecting him to completely change while the same offense has been in place all season long is beyond ludicrous.

Agreed, but I don't think it is ludicrous to expect him to finish screens, put a body on the likes of Pat Connaughton and Bobby Portis and play with a modicum of toughness.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I just don’t understand how a team somehow loses 4 straight games in the NBA Finals without getting swept. You weren’t under manned or ovetmatvjed. matched. You just got flat out punked in every aspect of the game over the last 4 games and its quite frankly embarrassing. You went up 2-0 and then just flat out got out-everythinged possible.

Out played, out worked, severely out hustled, and out COACHED (by a guy that was a toe away from probably being fired when you have the supposed COY) not to mention out smarted. It’s just a bad look.

Hopefully I’m still around in another 30 years to hopefully see us make it back. Ugh

It didn't help that their best player had a significant injury that got worse as the series progressed.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed, but I don't think it is ludicrous to expect him to finish screens, put a body on the likes of Pat Connaughton and Bobby Portis and play with a modicum of toughness.
Agreed. He made mistakes. In fact he made mistakes we all expected him to make in his first playoffs. We didn’t expect to him to anchor us through the first few rounds. There was only so much you expect the guy to change in the playoffs.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty congratulates the Bucks. He says it made him a better coach and the Suns a better team.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Stop. Just stop.. When he plays in an inside out offenses for an entire season then I will jump aboard if he still has the same issues. Expecting him to completely change his game while the same offense has been in place all season long is beyond ludicrous. They wouldn’t even ask Booker or Paul to do that.
No, your comment is ludicrous. This is 2021. There’s no such thing as an inside-out offense anymore and yet big men still know how to post up smaller players. Shocking dismayo! How did they learn to do that?!?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Agreed. He made mistakes. In fact he made mistakes we all expected him to make in his first playoffs. We didn’t expect to him to anchor us through the first few rounds. There was only so much you expect the guy to change in the playoffs.

This isn't about mistakes. It is about effort, heart and intensity...in the freaking NBA Finals. I don't know that those things can change at this point.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty congratulates the Bucks. He says it made him a better coach and the Suns a better team.

monty may be too nice for his own good.

man, toughest thing about tonight’s game is we just flat out choked. Giannis was amazing, but the Bucks didn’t play well. We missed so many wide open threes, a dunk, a breakaway layup to Cam that Book airmailed and Book just wasn’t good in a game that mattered most.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, your comment is ludicrous. This is 2021. There’s no such thing as an inside-out offense anymore and yet big men still know how to post up smaller players. Shocking dismayo! How did they learn to do that?!?
My god. Did you even watch this series? It all went through Giannis. They let him decide to shoot or pass. That’s nothing like our offense which runs through our guards.

Giannis and Ayton have two completely different roles in their respective offenses despite them having some of the same responsibilities.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA