Suns @ Bucks Tuesday Finals game thread 7-20-2021 - Game 6

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lute won a title. Got to another Title Game... all after turning a nothing program into of college basketball’s Elite for decades. If you’re not going to get one of the best coaches of all time, getting a Lute would be a pretty good consolation.

I don’t know what Monty is. He’s a good coach. Probably a very good coach, but a championship coach? Time will tell.

My point exactly. And I am a huge Lute Olson fan.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lute won a title. Got to another Title Game... all after turning a nothing program into of college basketball’s Elite for decades. If you’re not going to get one of the best coaches of all time, getting a Lute would be a pretty good consolation.

I don’t know what Monty is. He’s a good coach. Probably a very good coach, but a championship coach? Time will tell.
Monty ability to adjust in game seems to be a struggle for him. Maybe they can bring in another assistant to help with that.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not sure if it was them or our guards but they did a pretty good job at times taking away mid-range in critical parts of the game. Plus they forced a ton of turnovers playing passing lanes.
I don’t know if the bucks defense was actually good or if the suns just thought it was good. But for some reason crowder played point guard on multiple possessions tonight. The suns were clearly rattled by the bucks defense and didn’t seem to have a good answer.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it was them or our guards but they did a pretty good job at times taking away mid-range in critical parts of the game. Plus they forced a ton of turnovers playing passing lanes.

we threw terrible, lazy passes.

the truth is Booker was awful tonight. He almost had as many turnovers to made shots. He shot 0-7 from 3. If he’s just average, we easily withstand Giannis’ epic night and send this back for 7.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Been hearing all playoffs long how injuries are part of the game.

True, but save perhaps Milwaukee and Giannis, in my opinion no player was more key to his team's fortunes this season than Chris Paul was to the Suns. We all knew and acknowledged that heading into the season when the trade for Chris Paul was made.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

the truth is Booker was awful tonight. He almost had as many turnovers to made shots. He shot 0-7 from 3. If he’s just average, we easily withstand Giannis’ epic night and send this back for 7.
Yup. Book carried us in games we lost and was awful tonight. Two poor games in the finals.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, that’s silly. Now I’m starting to believe you didn’t watch the game. The shot chart shows where the shot was taken, not where it originated from. Giannis wasn’t posting up. He was driving. Newsflash, his drives end up at the basket where they show up on the shot chart. That wasn’t a post up offense and to pretend it was is frankly being dishonest.

and again, it’s 2021, we will likely never see a post-initiated and heavy offense again. So I guess by your logic Ayton will never be capable of posting up 6’3 and 6’7 guards. See how silly your argument sounds?
Did you just watch highlights?

No with shot charts come advanced stats. I guess you have never seen them?

Also who said he posted up all the time? Not me. He set position on the block though many times in this series but he’s is a downhill player. What are you talking about? Running sets through him is not the same thing as posting up every time.

The only person being dishonest is you pretending that these offenses are the same and how they run their sets are the same. Ergo Ayton should ply the same role in this offense.

Last edited:

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
how is he going to get better? Is he going to get taller? More explosive? He’s 25 and has developed ZERO handles and in the playoffs showed more shrinkage than George Costanza getting out of the Maine ocean.
His shooting improved this year.

He added a pull up jumper this year.

He finishes better on fast breaks this year.

His defense is better.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True, but save perhaps Milwaukee and Giannis, in my opinion no player was more key to his team's fortunes this season than Chris Paul was to the Suns. We all knew and acknowledged that heading into the season when the trade for Chris Paul was made.
Paul did set a record: He's the first player to blow four 2-0 series leads...

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peak, yes. Develop? Eh. How many players develop handles after age 25? He’s not going to all of a sudden develop a quick first step he doesn’t already possess.
Nobody thought he would transform his game like he did. Nobody expected him to be this good this year.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Booker is steaky. He may never be more but he has improved every season so far. Until I see that change I think he can.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His shooting improved this year.

He added a pull up jumper this year.

He finishes better on fast breaks this year.

His defense is better.

you’re right. He’s definitely on a Dame trajectory.

All the improvements he made above were incremental and come playoff time, when you hope you’re best players RAISE their games, Bridges fell off ACROSS THE BOARD.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
you’re right. He’s definitely on a Dame trajectory.

All the improvements he made above were incremental and come playoff time, when you hope you’re best players RAISE their games, Bridges fell off ACROSS THE BOARD.

Another guy, like Ayton, who just might be too nice to play to his potential in the NBA.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I can't speak for past years, but after seeing his arm dangling dead at his side for pretty much all of Game 5, this incident was clearly physical, not mental.
Since you were there.....right...17 000
Others haven't said a word about his torn off arm. Let's give that a rest

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It isn’t an amazing season when you choke away what could be your only shot at a championship. It just isn’t.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard