Suns @ Bucks Tuesday Finals game thread 7-20-2021 - Game 6

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think we win handily if we get that version of Chris Paul. But even if we don't get that level of performance from him, IMO if we get any version other than the really bad CP3, we have a decent chance to win the game.

What would you consider the version we got in Game 5? Personally, I think he was okay offensively, albeit limited, but has never looked worse defensively due to his physical limitations.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I love game day but hate game day. Thank goodness I am meeting heavy today. If not, I would be starring at the clock being unproductive making the hours and minutes feel like paint drying. I probably will still do that a bit today.

Ditto. Was hosted by a supplier for a round of golf and lunch today. Just got back and will be buried in email and calls for the next several hours.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This offers a little more insight but still doesn’t answer the whole record or just last 12 games question

Also, to be clear my stance on this issues has never absolved CP3 of any of the blame. He is a talker. He is abrasive even to his own team. Doesn't change the fact that the record is beyond ridiculous unless someone redefined coincidence while I wasn't looking.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think tonight isn’t close one way or another. Either the Suns win by 10 or get their doors blown in.

I’m hoping for the surprise return to form and Milwaukee Buckling!
I am with this 100%. I don't see a close game. I see either the Suns coming out with desperation and winning comfortably or I see the Bucks completely breaking the Suns maternally at it's the opposite.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
:suns:

I want to see CP3 the Alpha Dog tonight. No deferring to teammates, just take over, control the game, distribute the ball, make sure everyone is involved and dialed in. Injuries be damned.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Chris Paul to the people of Milwaukee after a dominating performance in a game 6 win:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What would you consider the version we got in Game 5? Personally, I think he was okay offensively, albeit limited, but has never looked worse defensively due to his physical limitations.

Well he was good enough. Truth is 9 times out 10 we would win that game, Bucks just played at their peak.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What a test for CP tonight... Playing with a bum hand, might have to keep his mouth shut to not aggravate Foster, going to get pressured by jrue all game, etc... Let's see if he can dig deep.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Got my green rdy munchies setup

Hoping for decent effort by suns ..

If last gm been an amazing season great yr by paul book especially and ayton flashed at times

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
:suns:

I want to see CP3 the Alpha Dog tonight. No deferring to teammates, just take over, control the game, distribute the ball, make sure everyone is involved and dialed in. Injuries be damned.
Hope they watched a pump up movie like blue chips hoosiers space jam something..

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope they watched a pump up movie like blue chips hoosiers space jam something..

I remember when my JV high school team went to my house after school and all watched Hoosiers right before a big game. We all went nuts when Chitwood hit the game winnercame into the game fired up like never before.

we lost by 32.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I remember when my JV high school team went to my house after school and all watched Hoosiers right before a big game. We all went nuts when Chitwood hit the game winnercame into the game fired up like never before.

we lost by 32.
Lets pray suns outcome tad differently but with az luck who knows..

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well he was good enough. Truth is 9 times out 10 we would win that game, Bucks just played at their peak.
That’s probably fair. However, 10 of his points came in the last what 5 minutes? We need Game 6 CP3 against Clips and Game 6 Book against Lakers to show up tonight from an aggressiveness standpoint. This is it. C’mon boys! More to do, more to come!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say that's about the weakest version of CP3 that can still lead us to victory. His defense is a real concern but he took care of the ball and was strong down the stretch which is usually enough for us to pull out the game. If he's the CP3 of game 4, we're in trouble.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Also, to be clear my stance on this issues has never absolved CP3 of any of the blame. He is a talker. He is abrasive even to his own team. Doesn't change the fact that the record is beyond ridiculous unless someone redefined coincidence while I wasn't looking.
Agreed. Paul may have instigated ill feelings. But a ref is supposed to be an impartial arbiter of rule enforcement. A ref has to be above that. Human or not, has to be above it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Much different. The fracas did occur. The players did leave bench. The rule did exist. Was it heavy handed? Yeah but it was driven by the players actual actions. And it wasn’t the finals.

foster could have never been a ref in this series and none would be the wiser. There would be no story other than the finals.

Different but this was a playoff game and the ruling by the league office likely cost the Suns a championship.

This is another decision by the league office or whoever makes these decisions that could cost the Suns a championship.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its going to be a madhouse at my house tonight. I am leaving work early to get ready, starting with some pre game chimichangas.

GO SUNS!!!!!!

Chimichangas? I will be right over!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave