Suns @ Bucks Sunday Finals game thread 7-11-2021 - Game 3

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Saric was able to slow Giannis down? Uh... when? That is as hilarious as every time you quit on the team after they dare to lose a game in the WCF and Finals.
Craig or crowder can try To guard giannis and saric could rebound instead of cam Payne.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nobody bats .1000. And I'm sure that at the time, Jones had valid reasons for making the moves he made, and not making moves some thought he should.
Bottom line, this team, with Saric and not-withstanding their ridiculous youth and lack of post-season play, proved they are good enough to win it all.

True, but this was a grapefruit right down the middle with no attempt to swing...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
True, but this was a grapefruit right down the middle with no attempt to swing...
You often make statements like as if you're sitting chairside with Jones. And please don't quote me reporters stories to support your case. Bottom line is you, and 99% of all reporters, don't know what was in front of Jones as he was making decisions. You don't know if he actually attempted to swing a deal for another big.
And, in the end it doesn't matter at this moment. We have what we have. And what we have, in large part, have been good enough to get this team to within 2 wins of its first ever NBA Championship!

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
You don't guard Giannis with one player. If Ayton is on the bench, you double him and/or pack the paint. If they hit threes, they hit threes. You have to punish them on the other side and make their bigs guard you on the perimeter.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You don't guard Giannis with one player. If Ayton is on the bench, you double him and/or pack the paint. If they hit threes, they hit threes. You have to punish them on the other side and make their bigs guard you on the perimeter.
One of our issues is that our smaller forwards aren’t great ball handlers. So they can’t just take the bigger bucks off the dribble. Bridges isn’t going to do it. Craig isn’t going to do it. Cam Johnson is finding that, he’s not exactly proficient at it. Jae has the worst handles of them all.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
One of our issues is that our smaller forwards aren’t great ball handlers. So they can’t just take the bigger bucks off the dribble. Bridges isn’t going to do it. Craig isn’t going to do it. Cam Johnson is finding that, he’s not exactly proficient at it. Jae has the worst handles of them all.

I think it might be time to give Nader some run.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

Oh I agree, but they can all shoot and move the ball. You pack the paint and give them threes. On the other side, you pass the ball and take open shots. It's a crap shoot at that point, but that's all you can do when you have to go small.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh I agree, but they can all shoot and move the ball. You pack the paint and give them threes. On the other side, you pass the ball and take open shots. It's a crap shoot at that point, but that's all you can do when you have to go small.

Double off of Tucker, make him take the shots, make him be the play maker. Next would be holiday.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Double off of Tucker, make him take the shots, make him be the play maker. Next would be holiday.

The main problem with doubling off Tucker is it gives him a clear path to crash the offensive glass. He gets virtually all points from corner 3's and offensive putbacks. Giving him both of those things unimpeded is asking for issues.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The main problem with doubling off Tucker is it gives him a clear path to crash the offensive glass. He gets virtually all points from corner 3's and offensive putbacks. Giving him both of those things unimpeded is asking for issues.

yeah he's averaging a killer of 7 points, 4 rebs and 33min per game

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

If Tucker beats us by shooting threes and running to the hoop... I can live with that.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still say sag off of Tucker or Connaughton, i know i said Holiday but it should be Connaughton they sag off of. Let those two guys who are 4th/5th spot on the team beat you. I know they have higher percentages but it'll even out once they make passing mistakes/decisions and take more shots.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still say sag off of Tucker or Connaughton, i know i said Holiday but it should be Connaughton they sag off of. Let those two guys who are 4th/5th spot on the team beat you. I know they have higher percentages but it'll even out once they make passing mistakes/decisions and take more shots.
Not Connaughton. That guy seems to hit timely threes. I think it has to be situational awareness. The double teams should vary based on who is on the court. I would be a little nervous about doubling when Giannis already establishes position. However, at the top of the key where he likes to drive downhill seems to be how he picks up so many foul calls. Maybe try that?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not Connaughton. That guy seems to hit timely threes. I think it has to be situational awareness. The double teams should vary based on who is on the court. I would be a little nervous about doubling when Giannis already establishes position. However, at the top of the key where he likes to drive downhill seems to be how he picks up so many foul calls. Maybe try that?

They will be so out of their comfort zone in taking all the shots and making the decisions, all while help is closer to Giannis. This helps us for defensive rebounds as well.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They will be so out of their comfort zone in taking all the shots and making the decisions, all while help is closer to Giannis. This helps us for defensive rebounds as well.
Not Connaughton. He appears to have a green light. He will shoot them.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well here go gm 4 big big gm not saying more than that....

Really just hope it's closer lol

We are the valley go suns!!